hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic Hat (NHC)

Magic Hat (NHC)

In a bit of trouble with 3 tough games to come. Could he take Forest down? 'Mon Tony Mowbray.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a bit of trouble with 3 tough games to come. Could he take Forest down? 'Mon Tony Mowbray.
    One point above the relegation zone now. Would love to see him get relegated.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    18 Bristol City 43 -7 48
    19 Burton 43 -13 48
    20 Birmingham 43 -21 47
    21 Nottm Forest 43 -12 45

One point in it now...

I can see Birmingham going down with Blackburn. This is what can happen if you have mad foreign owners. Also, that's Leeds nudged out the play off places.

The English lower leagues are always worth keeping an eye on at this time of year as teams jostle for play off/relegation places etc...their fans must be bricking it.

Will he need a wand? If so what kind.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Will he need a wand? If so what kind.
    The man's a petrofac cup winner ffs. He's got his eyes firmly fixed on the johnstones paint trophy-all he's got to do is get Forest down a division. He's the man for the job.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member PercyHibs's Avatar
    Stokes double to keep Blackburn up and send Notts Forrest down. Pleasing.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PercyHibs View Post
    Stokes double to keep Blackburn up and send Notts Forrest down. Pleasing.
    Blackburn to go down and cut their losses with pay off to Stokes and he signs for us.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A club like Forest shouldn't be in that position. Then again, you can say the same of Villa, Birmingham, Derby, Wolves. All big, well supported midlands clubs that should be in the top flight. However, for a club as big as Forest to possibly end up in the third tier is shameful.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    A club like Forest shouldn't be in that position. Then again, you can say the same of Villa, Birmingham, Derby, Wolves. All big, well supported midlands clubs that should be in the top flight. However, for a club as big as Forest to possibly end up in the third tier is shameful.
    Big teams with history, but run in to the ground by overspending. Now Zola who was brought by their new spivs in charge to replace a good manager has resigned at Birmingham (2 wins in 26?). However, surely Forest can't go down with an ex top city trader in charge? Or can they 😂

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can see Birmingham going down with Blackburn. This is what can happen if you have mad foreign owners. Also, that's Leeds nudged out the play off places.

The English lower leagues are always worth keeping an eye on at this time of year as teams jostle for play off/relegation places etc...their fans must be bricking it.
    "Zola (Birmingham City) resigns with just two wins from 24 games since replacing Gary Rowett in December when they were seventh." Butcher(esk)..

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

Forest are a basket case right now - Warburton has jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

Boo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    Big teams with history, but run in to the ground by overspending. Now Zola who was brought by their new spivs in charge to replace a good manager has resigned at Birmingham (2 wins in 26?). However, surely Forest can't go down with an ex top city trader in charge? Or can they 😂

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Not just a top city trader, but also winner of the Petrofac Cup as well as beaten finalist in the Scottish Cup 😎
    Last edited by Is It On....; 17-04-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Not just a too city trader, but also winner of the Petrofac Cup as well as beaten finalist in the Scottish Cup 😎
    And owner of a hat that was once magic. Now called a hat. Could make all the difference.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Respectfully, I hope fannys hat goes down. Remember it's Forest not Real Madrid. Welt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    And owner of a hat that was once magic. Now called a hat. Could make all the difference.

Whilst the hat was important, what also made the difference for Mr Hat was having players selected for him at Brentford by the "Moneyball" formula and all he had to do was coach. Brentford are 11th and again punching well above their weight with notable teams already mentioned flirting with relegation. Don't think any manager who has been in charge there (Rossler, Breadman) has succeeded since they left and went on to bigger jobs.
    Last edited by Is It On....; 17-04-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Whilst the hat was important, what also made the difference for Mr Hat was having players selected for him at Brentford by the "Moneyball" formula and all he had to do was coach. Brentford are 11th and again punching well above their weight with notable teams already mentioned flirting with relegation. Don't think any manager who has been in charge there (Rossler, Breadman) has succeeded since they left and went on to bigger jobs.
    Not the first time I've heard that.

Tragic hats maybe just not much good as he flopped working the no money and no balls model at ibrox as well.

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Respectably, he'll be frustrated .................

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Forest were playing in the third tier 10 years ago (spent 3 seasons there).

Wespectfully pleasing!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    No matter what happens to Warburton I would like to thank him.

Thank you Magic Hat, for deeming Darren McGregor surplus to requirements (and replacing him with Clint "so slow it looks like he's buffering" Hill ) so he could come to us, become a Scottish Cup winning legend and seal our promotion

Shine on you crazy diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Ha brilliant

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Forest playing Reading next..they will lose, that will take them into Bottom 3 I reckon and they will never get back out. With respect I find that amusing :)

Really want Birmingham to go down!

Rowett had them 7th, 3 points off 3rd, but his face didnt fit so they owners binned him.

Brought in Zola, mid December, 2 wins in 24, 8% win rate and now struggling big time. Just appointed 'Arry Redknapp as manager to try and salvage their season!

Stupid owners are ruining football down south, stupid buys, stupid appointments and sacking anyone that doesnt do well.

Wigan deserve to go down as well, sacking Caldwell 6 months after he got them promoted! Disgusting way to treat a young manager.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Really want Birmingham to go down!

Rowett had them 7th, 3 points off 3rd, but his face didnt fit so they owners binned him.

Brought in Zola, mid December, 2 wins in 24, 8% win rate and now struggling big time. Just appointed 'Arry Redknapp as manager to try and salvage their season!

Stupid owners are ruining football down south, stupid buys, stupid appointments and sacking anyone that doesnt do well.

Wigan deserve to go down as well, sacking Caldwell 6 months after he got them promoted! Disgusting way to treat a young manager.
    So, given Zola"s appalling managerial record do you think he will get another role?

Don't care what Warburton does now. It would actually be quite funny if he goes on to be hugely successful while the Govanites continue to "spend" in their quest for 2nd place in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Don't care what Warburton does now. It would actually be quite funny if he goes on to be hugely successful while the Govanites continue to "spend" in their quest for 2nd place in Scotland.
    Sevco don't do ironic but I think that would be really funny.

So, given Zola"s appalling managerial record do you think he will get another role?
    Probably, worse managers than him have gotten other jobs, such as Butcher...

The Warbler said in his first interview after getting the Forest gig that he would definitely take them out of the division. Man of his word eh? 😂
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-e1bi0QLo

Any excuse to post the greatest video of all time