hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Let's sell out the Hibs end

Now that promotion has been taken care of, let's sell our remaining tickets for Hampden.
    This team deserves to run out to a full Hibs end.
    What a finish to the season it would be to reach another final.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think we will sell out our end

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that promotion has been taken care of, let's sell our remaining tickets for Hampden.
    This team deserves to run out to a full Hibs end.
    What a finish to the season it would be to reach another final.
    Fact we're realistically suggesting Hibs could take 21k plus to a Hampden semifinal is quite astonishing. Not sure if that's ever been done in my lifetime ?? Rare time to be a Hibs fan.

First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar
    I think we are pretty close to selling out , had we not sold about 18000 already ?

Quote Originally Posted by howdenthehibby View Post
    I think we are pretty close to selling out , had we not sold about 18000 already ?
    I started a dot count but gave up when I realised I had picked the wrong weekend ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Fact we're realistically suggesting Hibs could take 21k plus to a Hampden semifinal is quite astonishing. Not sure if that's ever been done in my lifetime ?? Rare time to be a Hibs fan.
    Im sure we had over 20k for the semi-final v Dunfermline (0-0) in 2007. Total attendance was 25,339 and from memory the Pars had under 5000 there.

also 2001 semi against Livingston had a total attendance of just under 25000 and again from memory Livi had 3 or 4000 fans at the game.

Oh and in 2005 the attendance for the Hibs v Dundee Utd semi was 27271 and I'm certain Utd had just over 5000 at that one.
    Last edited by RoxburghHibs; 16-04-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Yep, lets pack out our end and get the place rocking The league is done so lets relax, have a party and hopefully see ourselves to another SC final

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Yep, lets pack out our end and get the place rocking The league is done so lets relax, have a party and hopefully see ourselves to another SC final
    Exactly. We've achieved the main goal - anything else would be a huge bonus and we can just enjoy Saturday.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    We have never defended the cup in any of our lifetimes.
    "Here we go , 2 in a row "
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    We have taken over 20k to several semi-finals in recents years but it is a very good turnout

First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar
    Yes ! I'm going to go out and enjoy the day , whether we win or not we've made a good defence of our cup . But if we happen to make the final , Well that shall be party central . Here we go 2 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    We've never defended the cup at a semi final ... EVER!!

I can't can't wait to return to Hampden and really want our end sold out and buzzing. Also hoping somone in the East/South corner has a 'Sir David Gray Corner' banner in production!!!

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    Im sure we had over 20k for the semi-final v Dunfermline (0-0) in 2007. Total attendance was 25,339 and from memory the Pars had under 5000 there.

also 2001 semi against Livingston had a total attendance of just under 25000 and again from memory Livi had 3 or 4000 fans at the game.

Oh and in 2005 the attendance for the Hibs v Dundee Utd semi was 27271 and I'm certain Utd had just over 5000 at that one.
    I am sure they were all Saturday 3.00pm kick offs

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I am sure they were all Saturday 3.00pm kick offs
    Yeah think you're right.

No matter what happens on Saturday, I hope at full time the players get a massive applause. Most are already club legends, they've got us promotion and gave us our club back. They deserve Saturday just as much as the fans. Hopefully they go out, enjoy it and express themselves and I'm sure the fans will be loud and back them to the hilt.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    No matter what happens on Saturday, I hope at full time the players get a massive applause. Most are already club legends, they've got us promotion and gave us our club back. They deserve Saturday just as much as the fans. Hopefully they go out, enjoy it and express themselves and I'm sure the fans will be loud and back them to the hilt.

this

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Agreed!

I remember the Celtic Scottish cup final a few years ago when the fans sang throughout and were amazing till after the final whistle.

Going to be a great game and atmosphere.

2 games away..from something special

Aberdeen are a good side, but our boys can go out there with freedom and confidence under no pressure, having developed a winning habit. We will have a much larger support and we have every chance.

I better get a move on still not got my ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Aberdeen are a good side, but our boys can go out there with freedom and confidence under no pressure, having developed a winning habit. We will have a much larger support and we have every chance.
    Are they any better than last year when we pumped them in the League Cup?
    Are we any worse? Think it will be close. They still have 2nd place to fight for, although 3 points against the Yams are pretty much a gimme

Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    Are we any worse? Think it will be close. They still have 2nd place to fight for, although 3 points against the Yams are pretty much a gimme
    On the day it will come down to tactics, will to win, an element of luck and potentially refereeing performance

Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    Think they are better and was a hard fought win last year with late goals. Held on at times. We must be at best but we can win and less pressure than them .

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    On the day it will come down to tactics, will to win, an element of luck and potentially refereeing performance
    Agreed, a win will be great, a loss will give us an idea of how well we shape up
    Bit of a win-win really

Just the idea of the league wrapped up, with a countdown to another Final, while THAT lot fights to hang on to 5th place against Plastic Whistle is just pleasing, very pleasing

Like many of you have already said. Regardless of what the score is come the full time whistle on Saturday these lads deserve to be thanked for everything they've given us in the Scottish Cup these last two seasons. They'll all be gutted as much as any of us should Aberdeen beat us and, but they'll be as equally as excited at the opportunity to do it all over again should we win.

GGTTH.

Strange feeling leading up to this semi. The monkey is off our back and there is no pressure on us whatsoever. I usually feel overly tense about semi finals but completely different since we won it. If we lose its been a great defence and we'll move on. I have a feeling we'll get to the final though.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Strange feeling leading up to this semi. The monkey is off our back and there is no pressure on us whatsoever. I usually feel overly tense about semi finals but completely different since we won it. If we lose its been a great defence and we'll move on. I have a feeling we'll get to the final though.
    Im most glad we have defended trophy well and we go back to hampden in a semi as holders not hoodoos

How many have we sold then? I've heard 17k mentioned. That just a guess or have the club announced anything?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Its a nice feeling not feeling anxious about next week...we have defended this cup admirably and we are about to play a team who are absolutely flying in the division above us. If we win, will be absolute scenes. If we lose, we take the prize money and hold our heads up high for taking our cup back to Hampden at least. We were all there for the greatest game in our history, so will never be topped which I find comforting!

We have won more sc games this season than the gorgie mob since they last won it, wonder what teams to blame for that

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Sold 6000 more tickets than the Dons seemingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk