hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who would you like to see Lennon sign?

Personally, I would obviously like to see a partner for Cummings (hopefully not a replacement) some names I can think of would be Billy Sharp - although he is getting quite old now, Liam Boyce, Lewis Moult, Stokes, Ciftci or Kenneth Zohore of Cardiff. Thoughts?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Marciano, Ambrose, a good striker, right or left back, at the minimum some cover for those positions

Sparky?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Marciano, Moult/Boyce, Andreu and Lewis Morgan.

I have a feelin he will sell on here for good money then bring in maybe cifti moult and another striker who we haven't thought about. I would like to see Marciano and Ambrose both kept but like eerything else it comes down to money.

GGTTH

Resign - McGregor, Fyvie, Gray and Boyle

Release - Keatings (tough one), Holt and Graham

New - Henderson (with Shinnie going back), Commons, Whittaker, Mallen and Moult and Ambrose (no chance).

Would take Stokes on loan or perm. Would also love to get Rocky on perm.
    Last edited by Col2; 16-04-2017 at 10:05 AM.

First Team Breakthrough churchie16's Avatar
    Marciano,ambrose,stokesy give Humphrey a pre season the boy nisbett on loan

Himself on a long contract

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marciano, Ambrose, a good striker, right or left back, at the minimum some cover for those positions
    Would definitely like Marciano signed up but I'm very happy with the defence otherwise (assuming we play Gray and Stevenson as full backs and don't rely on them as wing backs).

For me we badly need creativity in the midfield.

We're very poor at crossing and shooting from distance and our top goalscorer is taking the corners which suggests we badly need someone to take set pieces.

Shinnie is about the only player that looks like he can play a killer pass and while I like him as a player we either need more players to do that or an upgrade.

I'd also say we should be looking at someone to do what Holt did for us in the big games and bully the opposition defence.

I think we have a serviceable defence for the SPL but I'd imagine Cummings will be off which means I think we're going to need at least 4 and possibly 5 predominantly attacking players for the starting XI whose main job is getting us goals.

Rocky.
    Mallan.

We will need another CB as cover once Efe goes back....we also need cover for RB.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I would sign up Rocky, Ambrose, and Shinnie, for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Would definitely like Marciano signed up but I'm very happy with the defence otherwise (assuming we play Gray and Stevenson as full backs and don't rely on them as wing backs).

For me we badly need creativity in the midfield.

We're very poor at crossing and shooting from distance and our top goalscorer is taking the corners which suggests we badly need someone to take set pieces.

Shinnie is about the only player that looks like he can play a killer pass and while I like him as a player we either need more players to do that or an upgrade.

I'd also say we should be looking at someone to do what Holt did for us in the big games and bully the opposition defence.

I think we have a serviceable defence for the SPL but I'd imagine Cummings will be off which means I think we're going to need at least 4 and possibly 5 predominantly attacking players for the starting XI whose main job is getting us goals.
    Did you miss the game yesterday? All our midfield made loads of great forward passes. Strikers put into a fair few chances due to that play. If we can get Dylan fully fit we have pretty much the most creative midfield outside of Celtic.....add in Mallan and it would be excellent.

Mallan
    Allan
    Swanson

Left by mutual consent!
    Rocky, Ambrose, Mallan, Stokes, Boyce & Henderson for new signings.

Id want most of all the current squad resigned but i think its pushing it for Holt & Graham, although in saying that id be tempted to sign Holt for another year if only too terrorize the Jambos...once again.

@hibs.net private member micksoo's Avatar
    From the current squad only Hanlon, Forster, McGinn, McGeough, Cummings and Graham are under contract as well as Crane and Martin. Lots of work to do.

Hope we sign Rocky and Henderson.

[Would take Stokes on loan or perm]

I think its too late for Anthony to get a perm

I think we could be in for a surprise or 3 !
    Hibernian will certainly not go down the laptop ,panic induced,9 player signing spree route.

I am sure Neils phone will be buzzing with agents calling to recommend players available.
    Neil, i believe, will likely bring in players he personally knows/managed.

So one or two already mentioned may be (if affordable) returning to the Holy Ground.

Interesting Summer ahead
    Be nice to have the
    still in the cabinet.

Happy Easter Sunday to all

Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 16-04-2017 at 10:35 AM.

If Inverness go down there's a few players we should be looking at from them, Tansey and Meekings being the 2 specific ones I had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Did you miss the game yesterday? All our midfield made loads of great forward passes. Strikers put into a fair few chances due to that play. If we can get Dylan fully fit we have pretty much the most creative midfield outside of Celtic.....add in Mallan and it would be excellent.
    It was better yesterday than it has been for a while I'll give you that.
    There were some good diagonal balls to either side from just outside the centre of the box that could have resulted in a lot more goals and was good to see McGeogh and what might be if we can keep him fit for a string of games.

But that hasn't been the norm in a lot of the games I've watched this season where a more common sight is our midfield arriving just outside the box and then knocking it from side to side without any real incisiveness.

DM and McGinn are excellent Centre Midfielders for me.
    They give you great control in the middle of the park but they don't get goals themselves and they don't lay on enough goals for the strikers.
    That's not that I wouldn't be basing my team around that - just that I feel we need to have at least 4 players on the park that can set up a goal.

Mallan I haven't seen enough of - he plays just behind the front two?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875M View Post
    If Inverness go down there's a few players we should be looking at from them, Tansey and Meekings being the 2 specific ones I had in mind.
    Tansey has signed a pre contract with Aberdeen I think.

Marciano, Stokes, Ambrose, Shinnie and GMS.

Give Lenny an extension too!

@hibs.net private member micksoo's Avatar
    From the current squad only Hanlon, Forster, McGinn, McGeough, Cummings and Graham are under contract as well as Crane and Martin. Lots of work to do.

Stokes, Ambrose, Allan, Marciano, Henderson, AN other striker.

Out - Holt, Graham, Keating, Harris, Handling, Forster,

Marciano, Henderson, Mallan, S.McGinn, Commons, Moult, Boyce and Stokes are all players I'd like to see us look at. Ambrose too although I can't see it.

Left by mutual consent!
    I love Saint John but I am looking at the bigger picture. Celtic want him. We badly need another 20 goal striker. Swap SJM for Griff & Hendo ? I would.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    The first person we should be signing or re-signing is neither a player or coach.

Leeann Dempster on a new contract please.

Pronto.

I have no idea which players he should sign, but, I do have a feeling, the reason we made no big name signings or splashed any big cash in January was so he would have a bigger pot after we were promoted. I think Lennon thought his team were strong enough to get us up, but thatīs just my opinion.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I love Saint John but I am looking at the bigger picture. Celtic want him. We badly need another 20 goal striker. Swap SJM for Griff & Hendo ? I would.
    How do you know Celtic want him? Also wondering how we match Griffith's 10k/week wages?

What is obvious is that there are a lot of players out of contract and many of them will probably be leaving. We have a good opportunity to build on a strong core squad and I would love see Marciano on a permanent deal.

The rest is pretty imponderable. So many ifs and buts. If Cummings and McGinn stay or if they are sold is key. Sold should mean that we have cash for wages for other targets that maybe were iut if reach. Stay means we are looking at less in.

My oreference is that we keep what we have and target a few key positions. Would love to see Henderson and Gunnarson back, along with Stokes. Add in a Swanson, Mallan and a left back and we are good to go.

Marciano

Cammy Kerr

Scott Allan
    Stevie Mallan
    Danny Swanson

Miles Storey
    Michael Ohallaron
    Moult
    Boyce

Also, no chance are we getting Griffiths. Absolutely none.