hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Regular

Relief more than anything else

Feeling more relieved than anything - that took too long.

Glad to be shot of that *****y wee division.

Back where we belong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Agree,,, it was complicated by a well prepared Hearts year one and a resurgent The Rangers year 2,,,,, there now tho!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Watching the Ayr v DUFC game on BBC Alabababbaaa and boy is it a relief to escape some of they dumps

Have to say there will be a few ***** twitching in the big league the thought of us coming up

It's got to be hard when your up against anti football almost every week 10 men behind the ball hard to break thru.

But that's all behind us now If we asked every fan would you swap everything that the clubs done in the time we been down here for getting out at first go it would be a big no last may being the pinnacle.

Let's go hibs onwards and upwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'm delighted to be honest, relieved a bit but life's too short to not enjoy winning the league the odd time that it happens.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I'm relieved but pleased for the players. A lot of hard graft and a dash of ability deserves its reward.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Glad we are up, The pub is happy but not ecstatic which is quite right as we have reclaimed our rightful place in Scottish football lets save the huge celebration for when we retain the cup...

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Nah! Just absolutely delighted...and pished

As I've said on another thread, haven't felt this good since that day... and how I feel is how I feel

... maybe I'll feel as good again next week

Glad to be shot of this league and still more than a little annoyed at Butcher for taking us down. However, without this last 3 years, we wouldn't have signed Stubbs or most of the current Hibs players, never had brought back Stokes, got Henderson et al or experienced anything like 21 May 2016. It's been a crazy 12 months.

Take out the ugly sisters and the Jambos, and possibly Dons,the rest will pitch up next season at Easter Road with the bus well and truly parked, and have pathetic away supports.

I've seen poorer Premier away supports than QoS had today. DU, Pars, St Mirren, Falkirk all bring at least as many as Murderwell, Ross Co, St Johnstone, Killie.

We need today's midfield but a quick strong finisher to support Cummings would be top of my shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad to be shot of this league and still more than a little annoyed at Butcher for taking us down. However, without this last 3 years, we wouldn't have signed Stubbs or most of the current Hibs players, never had brought back Stokes, got Henderson et al or experienced anything like 21 May 2016. It's been a crazy 12 months.
    Terry who?

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Take out the ugly sisters and the Jambos, and possibly Dons,the rest will pitch up next season at Easter Road with the bus well and truly parked, and have pathetic away supports.

I've seen poorer Premier away supports than QoS had today. DU, Pars, St Mirren, Falkirk all bring at least as many as Murderwell, Ross Co, St Johnstone, Killie.

We need today's midfield but a quick strong finisher to support Cummings would be top of my shopping list.
    Add Hamilton to that list too. Woeful away support

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm delighted to be honest, relieved a bit but life's too short to not enjoy winning the league the odd time that it happens.

Well said.

We've succeeded in our primary objective this season and proved ourselves to be the best team in our division. And we are still the holders of the Scottish Cup.

A wee celebration definitely in order.

@hibs.net private member
    I liked how the players and staff celebrated together. But 3 years in this league is 3 too long but we on. The cup is a freebie now as the league is all that mattered.

Definitely relieved rather than delighted.

But I am enjoying the feelgood factor that Hibs have right now.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

At last someone else who does not think the top league will be easier as just as many teams sit behind the ball in away games!

The problem is, they also have better players than we've played against this season and will make it doubly hard to get results.

Still we have now got to get a team assembled to take on the task, and that will mean up to 6 new players coming in and we will probably lose a few in the close season as well!!!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Relieved and delighted I was when the announcer the FT Falkirk result at the end. Shouting "at last, at last, finally we're back to where we belong"!

Agree with this thread, delighted but relief is my main emotion today. Excited already for next season

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Definitely a relief, but I'll take that extra season in the championship for the Scottish cup everyday of week. Looking forward to next season now. 😁

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    3 years in the that league was a price worth paying for the Cup win.

Lessons to be learnt from our three seasons in the championship imho are back the team, don't take anything for granted and show respect to the opposition.

Very happy and relieved to finally be going up.

The sense of relief comes from the fact that, as Neil Lennon said in his post match interview, another season in the Championship would have been "very damaging". Neil was spot on with that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Agree,,, it was complicated by a well prepared Hearts year one and a resurgent The Rangers year 2,,,,, there now tho!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    We need another 2 wins to match the points total from the previous 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    We need another 2 wins to match the points total from the previous 2 years...
    A points total that wasn't enough to get us automatically promoted but only into the rigged lottery of the playoffs.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.