hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ambrose - any chance we can keep him?

I'd love us to keep the big man, even on a season loan - is there any chance?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Probably not. He'll head down south.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If he likes Lennon as much as he says he does, gives us plenty of hope. We will
    need a strong defence next season. Him, McGregor and Hanlon is a good foundation.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I would absolutely love to keep him but I doubt it'll be possible.

Sure I read somewhere that his wife and kids love life in Scotland . that and the fact he has such a good relationship with Lenny could work in our favour. Hope he stays.

A signing like him would put down a real marker for us and if poss then a few others may follow suit, like Commons, Stoke or the likes.

We can't pay his wages. So it's a no.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No out of our budget.

He was asked on Hibs TV and smiled and looked about to say 'you never know, but composed himself then said it's too early to think about next season.
    From watching the interview i wouldn't be surprised if we got him. Probably depends on other offers. One paper suggested Davie Moyes was looking at him but who knows??

Coaching Staff
    It's all about dosh, and I can't see us out pay a championship side from down south, or even a league one side for that matter.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Take a year at Hibs in the SPL and get yourself playing first team football again. Chance to earn a decent move after.

Efe Ambrose = class act.

Brilliant player keeps it simple and does that easily. Hope we keep him

Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    Brilliant player keeps it simple and does that easily. Hope we keep him
    This! Strolled it today!

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Sure I read somewhere that his wife and kids love life in Scotland . that and the fact he has such a good relationship with Lenny could work in our favour. Hope he stays.
    The above is all in our favour.
    The only issue is whether he gets good offers from the English Championship.
    I'm sure Lennon will be trying to persuade him to stay for a season at least.
    IMO he would be a fantastic signing and worth what we paid him.

Would absolutely love to but unfortunatly I can't see us managing to.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Unfortunately Efe will head down to a Championship team down south and earn 10 times what we could offer him here. No matter how much he and his family love Scotland hardly anyone would opt for the lower wages. I hope though, by some miracle, Efe would be that 'hardly anyone', stranger things have happened

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I have everything crossed we do. Love him haha

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I would love to keep Efe but reckon it's going to be very hard as many clubs down south that can match his Celtic wages will want him. End of the day, it'll come down to what Efe wants.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I think with Ambrose being foreign, having played in Israel that he's the type of player that will even have plenty offers from abroad. Scottish players don't tend to get these offers but I reckon he'll have offers from all corners of the globe to consider which will most likely mean we won't keep him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to China to be honest.

I wouldn't have thought there would be any chance of us keeping him next season.

He'll be way out of our price range.

Some amazing backflips from the big guy today.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Ambrose says he never doubted himself, that his determination to show people they were wrong never left him. Now? Well, now he wants to help Hibs to promotion and become Scottish.

"It is important to me because I have been here for a few years now and I know what it means to get it for me and my family,” he explained. “For me, my family comes first. My daughter was born here, which I believe will help me get citizenship here.

"My wife is studying at University and trying to graduate. I just want to make Scotland my home for my family and that has been in the back of my mind. "Everything has been nice, terrific. I've never missed my home and I have always called Scotland my home. So for me to be part of Scotland and my children to be Scottish would be an amazing thing for me."
    He wants to be Scottish so you just never know, he might stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    Ambrose could easily play in the English Premiership - too good for Celtic even would be my view - loved seeing him at Hibs - if by some strange chance we could keep him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will get offers we cant match and is he worth any more hanlon macgregor?. Love him to stay but cash likely needed can be better spent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Not a chance unfortunately

@hibs.net private member
    I knew he'd skoosh it in this league but I've been very surprised how good he's been. Celtic fans that I know all treat as some sort of joke figure but he's a class above most at ER. He'll easily command wages of £15k-£20k a week in the financially bloated English leagues

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Was absolutely delighted when we landed him, knew he'd be a standout. You'd have to think we'd have next to no chance to get him for next season as a lot of teams with bigger budgets than ours will be sniffing. However with Lennon in charge you can't completely rule it out..
    Would be exceptional!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If the criteria is money then no chance. But Ambrose has shown respect and commitment for the shirt and that's a far cry from some of the loans we have had. Better to be happy that we have had him over sad we can't keep him.

Deal on the table for him surely???