hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Kelvin and The Sun

Done get involved in too much of this, but why is this absolute **** not in Jail? Better still, in my shed so I could kick him now and then and shut the shed again.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39601728

2. Log in to remove the advert

"Could Everton's Ross Barkley represent the missing link between man and beast?"

The world is definitely a changed place. Racism is tolerated in a way it wouldn't have been even five years ago. Ex Sun hack Trevor Kavanagh is on the board of IPSO now so the ****ers probably think they can get away with anything.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 14-04-2017 at 05:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Is kelvin mckenzie the link between the lower back and the upper thigh?

Ultimate bellend, Barkley might just be the better man if he ignored him.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    The best thing to do is not buy that rag or use their website. Living in Liverpool as I do the "boycott the S*n" campaign is great. Even my local Tesco don't stock it now

I'd personally like to see this poor excuse of a man !
    Dropped off outside Liverpool's​ ground, preferably the Kop end on match day
    We'd see exactly what he was made of. 😨😨

Left by mutual consent!
    I would love to punch that reprehensible **** into a coma, wake him up and punch him into another one. ****bag of a man.

I've got some inside info on this and I feel you'll be delighted when you learn that our Kelvin has been stitched up...

Now, Rebekah Brooks has been trying to get shot of KM for some time now for two reasons: 1) His column (which doesn't appear in The Scottish Sun) is expensive and increasingly, he's viewed as irrelevant but, and this may surprise some, 2) Brooks is very well aware how divisive and toxic KM is to the brand - even 28 years after THAT headline.

But she's been struggling to get him fired because he's a former editor and still pally with Murdoch and, indeed, the current editor of The Sun in England.

So anyway, when his column copy arrives at the subs desk, a few eyebrows are raised about the 'gorilla' line until it transpires that KM is completely oblivious to Ross Barkley being mixed-race. The subs send the copy back up to editorial (KM is not on the premises, obviously) and it's sent back saying: 'run it as it is'. Then... the caption. Normally written by the subs... this time, written by 'someone in editorial'.

So, unless something very odd happens, KM is finished and has cooked his own goose without actually knowing it. Job done!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I can't stand that 'newspaper'. Well done to the people of Liverpool for chasing it out of town.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Done get involved in too much of this, but why is this absolute **** not in Jail? Better still, in my shed so I could kick him now and then and shut the shed again.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39601728
    It's not a nice thing to say but I'm not getting the racist angle myself. Don't think that was intended at all.

Left by mutual consent!
    'Men with similar "pay packets" in Liverpool are "drug dealers" and in prison'

Outrageous - normally that'd be enough to ensure his sacking but in today's 'Political climate' (esp down south) will probably be defended vigorously by the rest of the 'media' !. Wouldn't surprise me if there's one or two headlines tomorrow saying something like 'Liverpudlians have lost their sense of humour',

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    I've got some inside info on this and I feel you'll be delighted when you learn that our Kelvin has been stitched up...

Now, Rebekah Brooks has been trying to get shot of KM for some time now for two reasons: 1) His column (which doesn't appear in The Scottish Sun) is expensive and increasingly, he's viewed as irrelevant but, and this may surprise some, 2) Brooks is very well aware how divisive and toxic KM is to the brand - even 28 years after THAT headline.

But she's been struggling to get him fired because he's a former editor and still pally with Murdoch and, indeed, the current editor of The Sun in England.

So anyway, when his column copy arrives at the subs desk, a few eyebrows are raised about the 'gorilla' line until it transpires that KM is completely oblivious to Ross Barkley being mixed-race. The subs send the copy back up to editorial (KM is not on the premises, obviously) and it's sent back saying: 'run it as it is'. Then... the caption. Normally written by the subs... this time, written by 'someone in editorial'.

So, unless something very odd happens, KM is finished and has cooked his own goose without actually knowing it. Job done!
    Methinks you are cooking the Brooks, Magpie. The Sun would never stoop to anything as low as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    'Men with similar "pay packets" in Liverpool are "drug dealers" and in prison'

Outrageous - normally that'd be enough to ensure his sacking but in today's 'Political climate' (esp down south) will probably be defended vigorously by the rest of the 'media' !. Wouldn't surprise me if there's one or two headlines tomorrow saying something like 'Liverpudlians have lost their sense of humour',
    He's just speaking common sense, dintcha know. It's only the PC gone mad brigade that could possibly object.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Methinks you are cooking the Brooks, Magpie. The Sun would never stoop to anything as low as that.

Shocking, I know, but true.

Don't know if he's sacked yet though. Hard to see him surviving this one.

I don't think it was intentionally racist, but anything that gets that piece of excrement in bother is fine by me.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    He's just speaking common sense, dintcha know. It's only the PC gone mad brigade that could possibly object.
    To be fair, thats the kinda shan banter tam cowan comes out with.

Wouldnt that be a win win, if we could get rid of both!

Shocking, I know, but true.

Don't know if he's sacked yet though. Hard to see him surviving this one.
    Whether that rumour is true or not, Brooks is hardly an angel herself, as we found out from the recentish court case.

He's been suspended.

Left by mutual consent!
    Oh I'm anything but PC Mate, but I can't stand London-p****s who constantly use stereotypes to belittle/sneer at every place outside of their own home-town - added to the fact he works for the 'Sun/Murdoch' and McKenzie is the just pit-bull the 'Establishment' sets on folk !

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    He's been suspended.
    From height?

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Brilliant! Thanks for posting this.

TBH I never knew Barkley was mixed race either. For someone to know about this "error" and make it a pawn in some internal game is disgusting.

The columnist isn't getting away with anything though as the tone of the article was also disgusting. Personal attacks on an individual that he wouldn't say to his face and insulting a city that they should, if they had any decency, be trying to build bridges with.

I hope the boycott spreads.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I'm no fan of the Sun, but is this not all a bit of an over reaction? Like another poster has said, Andy74 I think, I don't see the racist angle, more a pop at the players supposed dimness? As for the digs at Liverpudlians, I don't see any big deal with the lame patter.
    If folk are looking for things in The Sun to get offended about, there will surely be worse than this in their pages in any given week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Oh I'm anything but PC Mate, but I can't stand London-p****s who constantly use stereotypes to belittle/sneer at every place outside of their own home-town - added to the fact he works for the 'Sun/Murdoch' and McKenzie is the just pit-bull the 'Establishment' sets on folk !
    What i hate is abank job etc is a fairytail when cockney crooks do it but outside London nothern ****

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I'm no fan of the Sun, but is this not all a bit of an over reaction? Like another poster has said, Andy74 I think, I don't see the racist angle, more a pop at the players supposed dimness? As for the digs at Liverpudlians, I don't see any big deal with the lame patter.
    If folk are looking for things in The Sun to get offended about, there will surely be worse than this in their pages in any given week.
    Let me be clear. The link I posted was from the BBC. I couldn't touch the Sun
    The missing link between Man and Beast? Lame patter my baws.
    You don't see the angle???? Ask that little fellah in your signature - "who made the Nazis"?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Kelvin MacKenzie openly admitted in the past that he made up ludicrous stories to sell newspapers way back in the 80s, but that was obviously nothing in comparison to the disgusting Hillsborough coverage that he presided over.

Those things should have ensured that he was never taken seriously or given a voice again, yet not only is he still in a position of considerable influence, he has been given a platform to air his odious views on programmes such as Question Time (apparently to provide balance i.e. to be a controversial figure to try and cause conflict with his crass views) many, many times. Sadly the appetite for him, KatieHopkins and their ilk has lowered the level of debate in this country to a pitiful low.

Over the last 30 plus years he has done nothing other than peddle lies and legitimise hatred on a huge scale, and the political impact of that cannot be overstated. He is a total ****, and I wish nothing but bad things on him.

Whether that rumour is true or not, Brooks is hardly an angel herself, as we found out from the recentish court case.
    It's not a rumour.

No, she isn't.

Left by mutual consent!

Arrow

We've unfortunately entered an era where everyone has to constantly find something to be outraged by. It will be clear to everyone that it wasn't meant in a racist way but we can't be missing an opportunity to get on the moral high horses to scream RACIST at someone and demand a sacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    TBH I never knew Barkley was mixed race either. For someone to know about this "error" and make it a pawn in some internal game is disgusting.
    If it results in KM leaving the building for good, then I am struggling to see what's 'disgusting' about it. Touch of karma if you ask me.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    What goes around finally comes around!