hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guard of honour

Guard of honour

IF we win the league on Saturday can we expect a guard of honour for our next game? Next up is Raith at Easter Road, wouldn't it be great if Skacel started that one... 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

No thanks.

@hibs.net private member
    Glad you brought this up.

I consider our presence in this league to be a genuine stain on the record of our great club.

If we try to celebrate coming out of it with new Tshirts and similar fanfare on the day, I will be extremely displeased and may even consider vocal rebuke.

As for the guard, pah. Get it tae f.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesathampden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF we win the league on Saturday can we expect a guard of honour for our next game? Next up is Raith at Easter Road, wouldn't it be great if Skacel started that one... 😁
    Hope not. Leave that tacky ***** to the english premier league.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post

I consider our presence in this league to be a genuine stain on the record of our great club.

If we try to celebrate coming out of it with new Tshirts and similar fanfare on the day, I will be extremely displeased and may even consider vocal rebuke.

After three seasons getting promoted is a great cause for celebration, this we're too proud to celebrate is a load of pish. I'm not talking about a guard of honour just this general talk of being embarrassed to celebrate.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 12-04-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    After three seasons getting promoted is a great cause for celebration, this we're too proud to celebrate is a load of pish.
    Exactly. Seems to be a few people who are thinking that way based on comments on various threads. Can't get my head round it. Lets GTF out this league and party when the day arrives.

obvious wind up

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    After three seasons getting promoted is a great cause for celebration, this we're too proud to celebrate is a load of pish.
    Couldnt agree more, nothing like winning the Scottish last season however we should celebrate any trophy we win maybe Tennents sixes apart.

No thanks. Was embarrassing when the yams were demanding it every game after they won it. It's extremely cringy, especially for a club of our stature in this league.

I really hope the club makes it clear that no guard of honour is expected for getting out of this league.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    No thanks. Was embarrassing when the yams were demanding it every game after they won it. It's extremely cringy, especially for a club of our stature in this league.
    A club of our stature? Our stature is we have been a team struggling to get out of the championship despite our magnificent cup win.

After three seasons getting promoted is a great cause for celebration, this we're too proud to celebrate is a load of pish. I'm not talking about a guard of honour just this general talk of being embarrassed to celebrate.
    I wont be celebrating as such. I will of course be delighted we are back.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Don't want a guard of honour purely because I think it's a load of pish. Teams should never be forced to stand and applaud the Champions before a game against them, if they want to applaud them off the park then fine, whatever, but they should be able to go out and focus on their job before hand.

With regards to celebrating, I'll be delighted we've made it out of this pishy league and will very lightly celebrate this fact. The actual trophy side of things, I couldn't really care less, the only prize here IMO is a place back in the Premiership.

Coaching Staff
    Think we should hang fire with this chat until it's done and dusted.

Still got a bit to do. The guys need to step up on Saturday and do something we've only done twice in twelve games.

Wouldn't want one. The yams wanting one was embarrassing and they celebrated the championship win like they won the champions league. Wonder what will happen if they ever win the league cup !!

Of course enjoy the day and players and management deserve the plaudits.

Did we ever get one for winning the Scottish Cup after the best final ever ?

Police Scotland (Cavalry section) did a nice GoH for us at Hampden:-)

I don't think Hibernian will expect that teams salute them,the way hertz did.I hope not!

I will be happy enough for our Club,who at last have gained promotion,and the faithful who stood by the club in large numbers during this awful period.
    Its been purgatory.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 12-04-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Relieved rather than celebrating to be leaving this league.

Some folk really need to wind their necks in

Not sure what the big deal is. If we win it on Saturday and Raith want to give us a Guard of Honour then that's up to them. We are hardly going to turn around and say "we are too big and better to get a guard of honour for winning this league so no thanks"

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Will be a relief once we are finally over the line, will enjoy the day but it definitely won't have the lasting impact of the cup win. If a team wants to do a guard of honour then fair enough but I wouldn't really care either way, and certainly wouldn't expect one every game like Hearts did.

Not sure about a guard of honour, but if we win on Saturday, and Falkirk drop points, I shall certainly be exuberant down the boozers on Leith Walk until Easter Monday!

Just looked at the Raith team and a few ex Jambos so a guard of honour would be pretty funny.

Is that weirdo Rudi still stealing a wage? Hopefully as I would love to see his face if they Yogi did do one

Also Handling...and Scott Robertson (has he been playing?) at Raith - but Handling won't play I guess.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Not sure about a guard of honour, but if we win on Saturday, and Falkirk drop points, I shall certainly be exuberant down the boozers on Leith Walk until Easter Monday!
    This.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Since when was any club too big to receive a guard of honour? If Raith want to give us one then we should be gracious enough to accept it

Not something I would want or expect. It's the championship

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    No honour in winning the Championship. It's just a huge mistake that's finally been fixed after 3 years.

A quick well done to those who finally managed to right such a huge wrong in the history of this club and back home in time for the 6 o'clock news

I do hope there's no "merchandise" à la "We're back" t-shirts or anything.

That would have been worthwhile had we bossed a league containing Hearts and Rangers, but Dundee United and Falkirk, not a much.

No guard of honour, a few drinks and a wee sing song. That's it for me

NO!
    this league does not count in my view :)

Bang on. If you can't enjoy winning a league title, regardless of the division and having a wee bit of fun when it comes then lighten up - who cares what others think?

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Think we should hang fire with this chat until it's done and dusted.

Still got a bit to do. The guys need to step up on Saturday and do something we've only done twice in twelve games.
    Absolutely right ..we have failed to win games and kill this off over the past 3-4 weeks with games we should have won and if we had won against Ayr , Dunfermline, Morton at home we would have celebrated last Saturday away at Morton ..we need a win desperately on Saturday or we pile the pressure on ourselves .. and as we have seen we are struggling to put together a decent performance ..so lets hold fire on all this talk ...til its done.