hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Agenda? Ooft. We aren't Celtc Neil, less of that chat.

Maybe Lennon's been on hibs.net. He has a point though - we've had f*** all from refs all season. Problem is that the team is misfiring at the moment and Lennon is feeling the heat at this end of the season. If we were more ruthless on front of goal he wouldn't be making an issue of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agenda? Ooft. We aren't Celtc Neil, less of that chat.
    To be fair he admits that he might sound paranoid, but he makes valid points regarding decisions that have gone against us.

Heisenberg

I disagree.

There is a huge agenda. NL is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Heisenberg

I disagree.

I agree! The refs would never get away with dishing out the same s--t to Celtic that we've had to take this season. 3 S/O rescinded a S/O, Stevenson that never was, penalties against us that never were, penalties for us denied, today a great example.

Heisenberg

I disagree.

What kind of huge agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    What kind of huge agenda?

By having the gall to beat The Rangers last year and deny them precious European exposure, the west coast mafia at it's worst.

Look at the pen given against us last week and the one we didn't get today. Lennon is quite right to be asking serious questions of referees.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg

I disagree.

Huge agenda? C'mon now be serious. Our officials are mince. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Huge agenda? C'mon now be serious. Our officials are mince. That's all.
    Name all the times they have been mince in our favour this season ( or ever ).

We have had a fair number of horrendous officiating performances against us this season. More than I can recall in 40 odd years watching Hibs.

Worst I've seen and I've been going since 1955.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    By having the gall to beat The Rangers last year and deny them precious European exposure, the west coast mafia at it's worst.
    Hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    We have had a fair number of horrendous officiating performances against us this season. More than I can recall in 40 odd years watching Hibs.
    Nah. The handball for Falkirk last season was the absolute worst ever. I'll never forget that.

It sounds absolute paranoid.

But I also cannot disagree so colour me para.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Look at the pen given against us last week and the one we didn't get today. Lennon is quite right to be asking serious questions of referees.
    Yep. When you get one given against you, but the following week don't get one that appears to be clearer, it's hard not to think there's something going on behind it.

I mean, the refs can't be all that bad can they???

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Name all the times they have been mince in our favour this season ( or ever ).
    This for me is the key. Has anyone come away from a game this season saying "that ref was crap today but thank god he wrongly sent off one of the opposition players and gave us a dodgy penalty". They are totally **** but ALWAYS totally **** to our disadvantage

Fair comment from Neil Lennon how is it possible to handle the ball with two hands and not be awarded a penalty. Time to get this over the line three points against QOS should do.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This for me is the key. Has anyone come away from a game this season saying "that ref was crap today but thank god he wrongly sent off one of the opposition players and gave us a dodgy penalty". They are totally **** but ALWAYS totally **** to our disadvantage
    Exactly, and as it is that can only lead you to think one thing. Still waiting on any even-ing up for any season I've been watching Hibs.

It does sound para I agree but he is spot on...we've had some ridiculous decisions go against us this season...3 red rescinded in 1 season...look at the pens both the huns and yams got in this league on a weekly basis...yet every week almost we seem to be denied a stonewaller...there is deffo something going on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Again, Lennon expresses his frustration at our poor finishing and our ridiculous amount of draws.
    What amongst other things that stood out for me was his comment: "They cost money!" - he was, of course, referring to 'proven strikers'. Maybe I'm wrong but this sounded like a wee dig at our board for not coming up with enough money to secure a proven striker to partner JC.
    He also conceded that the players he brought in who have not done the business (ie score goals) was perhaps his fault; in which case he over-estimated their ability to deliver goals at this level - Graham and Shinnie and Holt spring to mind - their combined goals tally is actually embarrassing. Each has offered something, Holt (physicality) Shinnie (guile) and Graham (height and presence) but sadly a pitiful return in terms of the most important thing of all - goals!
    Any championship winning side should expect to score an average of at least 2 goals per game, but we have averaged 1.5! Falkirk, in fact, have scored 3 more.
    Yes, injuries have blighted our season with key players missing and/or suspended regularly, making his task of securing automatic promotion that bit harder. In this respect Lennon is to be commended for making us difficult to beat.
    It's mind boggling to think that we might very well draw our last 4 games and thus record more draws (17) than actual victories (16) whilst clinching the championship.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 08-04-2017 at 09:03 PM.

I didn't take the money comment as a dig at the board but simply stating a fact. Lennon would have known exactly what his budget was when he took the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I didn't take the money comment as a dig at the board but simply stating a fact. Lennon would have known exactly what his budget was when he took the job.
    I hope you are right.
    I'd hate to think that our limited budget (comparatively speaking) is something that has been eating away at him as he watches the players he brought in fail to deliver goals regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I hope you are right.
    I'd hate to think that our limited budget (comparatively speaking) is something that has been eating away at him as he watches the players he brought in fail to deliver goals regularly.
    I would say that it's the other teams in this division who have the limited budget compared to us but agree that it was up to Lennon to identify players capable of scoring at this level.

If he can't manage that, how will he succeed once we're promoted?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I would say that it's the other teams in this division who have the limited budget compared to us but agree that it was up to Lennon to identify players capable of scoring at this level.

If he can't manage that, how will he succeed once we're promoted?

Surely if you add together Holt and Graham's wages then you could afford a better player.

Surely if you add together Holt and Graham's wages then you could afford a better player.
    There's also the issue of persuading the players who are worth more to play in the Scottish 2nd tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There's also the issue of persuading the players who are worth more to play in the Scottish 2nd tier.

I'd quite happily replace Holt and Graham for Commons or anyone like that.

I'd quite happily replace Holt and Graham for Commons or anyone like that.
    Will you pay the 10k+ a week difference in wages?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Neil is right. Before the season started we were going to be made to pay for beating the the's in their first ever Scottish cup final and for the pitch invasion.

We then appointed him as manager and that made it open season on Hibs for dodgy decisions. We can carry on saying nothing or shout out when we have a manager who leads from the front.

Life would be a bit easier if we just killed games off but we need at least one more regular goal scorer to do that.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby