hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Season Ticket Early Bird Deadline on the Same day as Public Sale fro the Scottish Cup

Terrible planning having these two major ticketing events lading on the same day.

There was always going to be a surge in ST sales this week and then add to that SC semi public sale.. the Ticket Office are great, but I have always experienced poor comms when trying them on the phone. Not everyone can go to the Ticket Office in person during their working hours... 10am til 5pm...! When these events are going on they should have early opening and late closing and hire some temp staff to man the office and phones.

I have read a few post on here and elsewhere about people struggling to get through to sort out problems that are affecting ST purchases, it would be great if this could be addressed.

Any Supporter Reps on here fancy taking this up?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible planning having these two major ticketing events lading on the same day.

There was always going to be a surge in ST sales this week and then add to that SC semi public sale.. the Ticket Office are great, but I have always experienced poor comms when trying them on the phone. Not everyone can go to the Ticket Office in person during their working hours... 10am til 5pm...! When these events are going on they should have early opening and late closing and hire some temp staff to man the office and phones.

I have read a few post on here and elsewhere about people struggling to get through to sort out problems that are affecting ST purchases, it would be great if this could be addressed.

Early birds have been on sale since March.

Everyone who wants a ticket for the semi final will get one - still plenty of time and seats left.

Regarding getting through on phone line - that's a different story and never tried to phone as online is so easy to use.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post

Everyone who wants a ticket for the semi final will get one - still plenty of time and seats left.

Regarding getting through on phone line - that's a different story and never tried to phone as online is so easy to use.
    I 100% agree. I renewed weeks ago.

But...

There are issues that cannot be resolved via the online ticket portal, namely my friend's DoB has been changed to his Dad's (They have the same name) so when he has been attempting to renew his ST online it shows him as a Senior. His ST this year is an Adult so he doesn't know why there has been a change, but he has tried rectifying it for a few weeks. He called the TO a few times and was told it would be fixed each time... it wasn't fixed and he is left now trying every day this week to call them to get it fixed in time to get the Payment plan with Early Bird Pricing.

Due to the fact that there are two huge pushes for tickets this week he has been unable to get it resolved and he cannot afford to pay up front for his ST shoudl he miss today's deadline!

But...

There are issues that cannot be resolved via the online ticket portal, namely my friend's DoB has been changed to his Dad's (They have the same name) so when he has been attempting to renew his ST online it shows him as a Senior. His ST this year is an Adult so he doesn't know why there has been a change, but he has tried rectifying it for a few weeks. He called the TO a few times and was told it would be fixed each time... it wasn't fixed and he is left now trying every day this week to call them to get it fixed in time to get the Payment plan with Early Bird Pricing.

Due to the fact that there are two huge pushes for tickets this week he has been unable to get it resolved and he cannot afford to pay up front for his ST shoudl he miss today's deadline!
    Have you tried emailing them? Keep a note of the email date and time?

Maybe someone else can help abut best phone number to ring or PM one of the supporters Reps on here?

Good luck

@hibs.net private member
    Have you tried emailing them? Keep a note of the email date and time?

Maybe someone else can help abut best phone number to ring or PM one of the supporters Reps on here?

Good luck
    Yeah he has tried emailing... phoning... tweeting... facebooking.

We even know one of the lasses who is Hospitality Sales Manager and he is now trying to get a hold of her... but he shouldn't have to go to those lengths to resolve a simple issue like this!

They are just unresponsive!!! Its not like its something that can be dealt with at a quieter time either!! Poor show, quite disappointing really.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

But...

Just renew as it is then get it sorted later at TO plenty of time before season starts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Just renew as it is then get it sorted later at TO plenty of time before season starts.
    He can't as he needs to do the payment plan and its priced at £155 right now....

He wouldn't get approved by Zebra as his correct details won't match the details sent by Hibs.

He can't as he needs to do the payment plan and its priced at £155 right now....

He wouldn't get approved by Zebra as his correct details won't match the details sent by Hibs.
    Ah fair enough.

But...

Email them. I had a similar issue and when I phoned the idiot who "helped" me ended up changing my account details over to my dad's. When I emailed I got a really prompt response with an apology and it was sorted within minutes. I was really impressed with the woman who helped me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    Email them. I had a similar issue and when I phoned the idiot who "helped" me ended up changing my account details over to my dad's. When I emailed I got a really prompt response with an apology and it was sorted within minutes. I was really impressed with the woman who helped me.
    He has tried emailing...

Which address did you email and i'll fire it over to him and see if that helps?

Cheers

He has tried emailing...

Which address did you email and i'll fire it over to him and see if that helps?

Cheers
    Using the "contact us" option on the official site. Here's the link: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/contact
    Hope it gets sorted quickly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    Using the "contact us" option on the official site. Here's the link: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/contact
    Hope it gets sorted quickly.
    Tried that!!

He has emailed a few different addresses as well.... no response!

Tried that!!

He has emailed a few different addresses as well.... no response!
    Oh that's a bummer. Try THepburn@hibernianfc.co.uk

Not when you can't buy student season tickets online it's not. Granted I've left it late but there was nothing wrong with the system before where you can buy a student ticket online and you just had to show proof when you collected your season ticket card.

So, one person has a problem with renewing a season ticket, which allegedly cannot be resolved because there are semi-final tickets on sale during the early bird renewal stage. And someone is really disgusted. Really? Is this a wind up?

Over 6000 renewals and some 7/8000 semi tickets sold. Circa 14,000 transactions. But one issue arises and Hibs are at fault because these sales have been planned 'terribly'. You couldn't make this up.

Add to that the OP has not suggested that he has an issue but wants to have a rant on behalf of someone else. Why not leave those involved to deal with it themselves instead of coming on here with all this 'woe is me stuff'?

Terrible planning you say........Amateur Dramatic Society hasn't got a look in!!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    So, one person has a problem with renewing a season ticket, which allegedly cannot be resolved because there are semi-final tickets on sale during the early bird renewal stage. And someone is really disgusted. Really? Is this a wind up?

Over 6000 renewals and some 7/8000 semi tickets sold. Circa 14,000 transactions. But one issue arises and Hibs are at fault because these sales have been planned 'terribly'. You couldn't make this up.

Add to that the OP has not suggested that he has an issue but wants to have a rant on behalf of someone else. Why not leave those involved to deal with it themselves instead of coming on here with all this 'woe is me stuff'?
    I have to say that I have never found the ticket office difficult to deal with .Have always found them very helpful
    Last edited by cmcd; 07-04-2017 at 11:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

I came on here looking for advice and help with the issue as my mate isn't much for forums and i have seen many users get appropriate advice on here too. If your mate needed a hand dealing with an issue would you tell him to sling his hook!!?

As pointed out in the original post, the phone service at Hibs' Ticket office can be quite poor... and I personally have suffered through it when needing to resolve an issue and others have agreed in the past with this PoV, so rather than just sit back and watch while the issue remains unresolved some of us think trying to help a fellow supporter out would be a positive thing to do.

If you take an objective stance here then you may see that the TO cannot maintain their daily service while also dealing with SC sales and ST renewals which I think is a bit of a let down and can be attributed to bad planning. Would you have it that those in need of some customer service should suffer right now due to everyone else getting on fine? Quite a selfish perspective if you ask me.

Not sure why you felt the need to comment as it in now way helps anyone out and looks like an unneeded attack or just a way for you to vent as well!

Everyone else has at least made an effort to give advice to help a fellow Hibee in his effort to contribute to the club using the correct avenues.... If you can't help then don't bother commenting!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    I have to say that I have never found the ticket office difficult to deal with .Have always found them very helpful
    As I have I..... when I can get a hold of them.

I came on here looking for advice and help with the issue as my mate isn't much for forums and i have seen many users get appropriate advice on here too. If your mate needed a hand dealing with an issue would you tell him to sling his hook!!?

As pointed out in the original post, the phone service at Hibs' Ticket office can be quite poor... and I personally have suffered through it when needing to resolve an issue and others have agreed in the past with this PoV, so rather than just sit back and watch while the issue remains unresolved some of us think trying to help a fellow supporter out would be a positive thing to do.

If you take an objective stance here then you may see that the TO cannot maintain their daily service while also dealing with SC sales and ST renewals which I think is a bit of a let down and can be attributed to bad planning. Would you have it that those in need of some customer service should suffer right now due to everyone else getting on fine? Quite a selfish perspective if you ask me.

Not sure why you felt the need to comment as it in now way helps anyone out and looks like an unneeded attack or just a way for you to vent as well!

Everyone else has at least made an effort to give advice to help a fellow Hibee in his effort to contribute to the club using the correct avenues.... If you can't help then don't bother commenting!

As I have I..... when I can get a hold of them.
    Well said.

I thought the public sale was on Tuesday 11th April!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    I thought the public sale was on Tuesday 11th April!!!!
    7th for online and phone,11th if you want to buy from TO.

@hibs.net private member
    Add to the mix the Greenock Morton game this weekend and its a perfect storm....

Obviously the TO cannot predict the importance of this weekend's match falling on the same day as the other two events but, where is the contingency planning... Can you imagine if we had a bigger support or stadium. :)

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Add to the mix the Greenock Morton game this weekend and its a perfect storm....

Obviously the TO cannot predict the importance of this weekend's match falling on the same day as the other two events but, where is the contingency planning... Can you imagine if we had a bigger support or stadium. :)
    Bigger support, bigger stadium might just mean bigger ticket office.

If Hibs were overly concerned they would have changed dates.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Bigger support, bigger stadium might just mean bigger ticket office.

If Hibs were overly concerned they would have changed dates.
    Agreed, but it would be nice for each individual to feel they can get help when needed.

Obviously in this case I am detailing just 1 out of many many fans... and no one is asking for preferential treatment, only that at least once in almost a week that someone answer the bloody phones!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFantastic View Post
    Mine haven't arrived either. When is there not a disaster when the ticket office are involved....
    This from the Greenock Morton ticket thread.............
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 07-04-2017 at 12:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    If anyone's tried phoning today either directly or through the expensive number you'll realise that they've unplugged the lines:

Only option is standing in the queue.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    If anyone's tried phoning today either directly or through the expensive number you'll realise that they've unplugged the lines:

Only option is standing in the queue.
    Pretty poor show if this is true.

With opening times of 10am til 5pm its almost impossible for your average 9-5er to get down to the TO, not every hibs fan lives 5 or works close enough to do this.

I would hope that in this case an exception is made (and the payment plan and early bird price offered) as every effort has been made to rectify the mistake by Hibs in the past couple of weeks, Im even ranting about it on here on his behalf!!

With opening times of 10am til 5pm its almost impossible for your average 9-5er to get down to the TO, not every hibs fan lives 5 or works close enough to do this.

I would hope that in this case an exception is made (and the payment plan and early bird price offered) as every effort has been made to rectify the mistake by Hibs in the past couple of weeks, Im even ranting about it on here on his behalf!!
    Hibs should extend the season ticket early bird scheme till Monday, that would help everybody.

@hibs.net private member
    Haven't they extended the early bird offer in previous years, if there's been issues with people contacting the ticket office then I'd anticipate them doing it again.

@hibs.net private member

Reordered my STs and got nothing from zebra. Tried phoning the TO since lunchtime rings out. Phone the ticket master line and after the spiel you get told to try again later.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Just been down and bought my ST for next season. The interest payment plan is a great idea and at £32 a month, lessens the hit of losing £360 in one go. Much more managable so good on Hibs.

Steady queue of folk buying STs and tickets for semi/game tomorrow.

Big Frank out chatting and answering any questions anyone had. Good on him too.

GGTTH