hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leigh Griffiths ties a green and white scarf to the PBS post!

Exactly as it says on the tin. I know it's a Celtic scarf, but we all know what team he was really thinking of when he did it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...fiths-10144861

What a legend. Hibs class.

2. Log in to remove the advert

P.S. Apologies for the Daily Rancid link, it's worth it though.

Can't take any satisfaction from him tying another team's scarf to a Hearts goalpost I'm afraid

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Superb Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't take any satisfaction from him tying another team's scarf to a Hearts goalpost I'm afraid
    Ditto.

I'm happy to see him turn up to watch his real team but anything he does in a Celtic strip is of no interest to me.

A Celtic player ties a Celtic scarf to the post then waves to the Celtic fans. Hope he develops a bad case of the ****s tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Callyballybe View Post
    Exactly as it says on the tin. I know it's a Celtic scarf, but we all know what team he was really thinking of when he did it.

Aye he was thinking about how he can get further up the ***** of the Celtic fans.

Yeah, really sure he was thinking of Hibs when he did that.

Do you think he thinks of Hibs when he kisses the Celtc badge on his shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Aye he was thinking about how he can get further up the ***** of the Celtic fans.
    I wouldn't have thought hoops would need to be starred out in a thread about Celtic?

There is who you work for and who you love!!

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post

Yes, I'm sure he thinks of Hibs when he did all those things, also when he goes to bed at night, when he wakes up in the morning and when he's pumping his missus'.

It was a lighthearted comment, and should be treated as such.

I like griffiths. But find the erse licking to Celtic fans a bit cringe. Sorry.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post

yes

Good for him.

He wouldn't be doing it for hibs. But we know he likes the coinicidence it's the Hibs colours too. I think its pretty funny.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

No interest in a Celtic player pandering to Celtic fans

@hibs.net private member

Not Hibs class tying a Celtic scarf to a post in front of Celtic fans. He'd be thinking about Celtic and that's it.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Not Hibs class tying a Celtic scarf to a post in front of Celtic fans. He'd be thinking about Celtic and that's it.

I lost any respect I had for him when he kissed their badge. Pathetic.

If we meet them in the final, will he try to score against us and would he kiss the Celtic badge, I loved Leigh as a hibs player, when he joined that lot he ceased to be one of us just like Kenny miller did. There's too many on here that think it's ok to go to Celtic but not to rangers, the ugly sisters are two vile clubs that are Scotlands shame

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    If we meet them in the final, will he try to score against us and would he kiss the Celtic badge, I loved Leigh as a hibs player, when he joined that lot he ceased to be one of us just like Kenny miller did. There's too many on here that think it's ok to go to Celtic but not to rangers, the ugly sisters are two vile clubs that are Scotlands shame
    i absolutely share your sentiments, but at the same time, there will always be some players who don't want to move south or overseas, but have families (vast families in leigh's case) and want to make the most the can out of their career financially, in which case there's basically only two places they can go. this said, the badge kissing is a bit much, but i just put it down to him being daft as a brush, and possibly also just wanting to be accepted by their fans after having a rubbish time down at wolves where he never seemed settled. i don't doubt for a minute that his love of hibs is genuine and that of a true fan, though.

Yes, I'm sure he thinks of Hibs when he did all those things, also when he goes to bed at night, when he wakes up in the morning and when he's pumping his missus'.

It was a lighthearted comment, and should be treated as such.
    Well you never know, maybe when he's pumping missus number 1 he thinks of Celtc and when he's pumping missus number 2 he thinks of Hibs. 😙

Celtic player putting celtic scarf on tynecastle goal post.....what has this got to do with us...threads a bit cringey imo

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Hibs class???

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar

Not Hibs Class. Trust me on this.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    If we played them in the final he would try to score against us that's fairly obvious. I doubt he would kiss the badge though.

Left by mutual consent!
    I find it hard to understand why ANY Hibs fan would have a problem with Leigh Griffiths. He gave us two years of outstanding service and some terrific goals and without that we'd likely have been in relegation bother long before we ended up going down.

He wore (and still wears) his heart on his sleeve as a lifelong Hibs fan and I'll always regard him as one of my favourite Hibs players. So what if he celebrates with the Celtic fans after winning the title?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    I find it hard to understand why ANY Hibs fan would have a problem with Leigh Griffiths. He gave us two years of outstanding service and some terrific goals and without that we'd likely have been in relegation bother long before we ended up going down.

He wore (and still wears) his heart on his sleeve as a lifelong Hibs fan and I'll always regard him as one of my favourite Hibs players. So what if he celebrates with the Celtic fans after winning the title?
    Well said.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If we played them in the final he would try to score against us that's fairly obvious. I doubt he would kiss the badge though.
    I would imagine it would be how Dennis Law felt when he scored for Man City to relegate Utd down - or maybe not.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=G B Young;4998429]I find it hard to understand why ANY Hibs fan would have a problem with Leigh Griffiths. He gave us two years of outstanding service and some terrific goals and without that we'd likely have been in relegation bother long before we ended up going down.

He wore (and still wears) his heart on his sleeve as a lifelong Hibs fan and I'll always regard him as one of my favourite Hibs players. So what if he celebrates with the Celtic fans after winning the title?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone on here has a problem with LG or with him celebrating a title win with the fans of the team he plays for. The issue is trying to tie those celebrations back to his love for Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough
    He's a professional footballer. It's his job and playing for them makes professional sense for him right now.

It has nothing to do with the club he supports and showing a bit of passion playing for another team takes nothing away from that.

You don't have to like it, but to doubt his credentials as a hibs fan because of it is laughable.