hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have you ever had a direct influence on a Hibs game?

New St Mirren Park, three minutes to go and score is 0-0. There is small group of us in the bottom left hand corner of the stand, Hibs get a corner and the ball ends up just along the stand from us. So, I'm off after the ball as Callum Booth runs nearly as quick as me to take the corner, I get the ball run to corner of stand and throw the ball to Booth. Here's what happens next though I'm not happy that whoever took the video missed out my vital contribution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtOP_9o_G-U

St Mirren 0 1 Hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    When we trounced ayr utd 8-1 in the 70's I remember being glimpsed on TV sucking one of the goals in

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I'm convinced that the clothing I wear has a direct influence.

We haven't lost a game while I've been wearing my lucky scarf.

No I haven't.

Not a game .... but I suggested after we were relegated that Butcher should be sacked, thankfully Leeann Dempster listened to my advice and he was gone shortly after .... I therefor claim I played a huge part in our revival since then

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we trounced ayr utd 8-1 in the 70's I remember being glimpsed on TV sucking one of the goals in
    😂

Hendo was 100% going back post for that corner 2-1 down in the final. Screamed for him to stick it on Stokesy's dome instead to which he duly obliged. Rest is history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    That's not how you spell balls.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    😂
    Thank you very much.

Pretty sure that between me, my wife and every other member of my family that passed we were probably involved in making sure that tavernier had no sense of occasion and couldn't get his erse of the ground in a major cup final as well.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Decided with kaimendhibs that Ivan should come on at half time at Ibrox at his hat trick game. You're all welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    That's not how you spell balls.
    I bow to the master but some of my best friends talk balls

Sir Matt Busby

I used a technique that Uri Geller taught me to help a Kujabi free kick. I think I may have got the direction wrong however ...
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Last weekend I had a brief liaison with a lady called Trixy Oyenuga whose better half plays in the Championship apparently. She fessed up on Tuesday but he took it very well.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Yes definitely,several years ago against Livingston I shouted "Hit it" David Murphy heard me and hit a thunderbolt into the top corner. True story ask my son!
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 31-03-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Hendo was 100% going back post for that corner 2-1 down in the final. Screamed for him to stick it on Stokesy's dome instead to which he duly obliged. Rest is history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was convinced the ball should be whipped to the back stick and when he fizzed it near post, I shouted 'THATS ****ING PISH!'!

I quickly retracted that statement and my mates never quite let me forget it!

many years ago, my mate who at that time was a serving uniformed policeman was working at E/R patrolling the trackside at corner of North/West stands during a Hibs/rangers game. The ball went out with two players challenging for it and the ref was a bit undecided as to who last touched it. The ref looked directly at my mate who discretely pointed to the corner circle. Ref gave corner, from which we scored, winning game 1-0.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Last Saturday 92nd minute. I shouted at Keatings to hit the bye line when he collected the ball. He obviously thought I was talking mince so decided to cut inside and the rest is history. So I claim credit for the win!

I was in Mr Mustards one Friday night back in the late 80s. Andy Goram walked in so we started chatting Hibs and football. I said to Andy, I don't suppose you'll be drinking the night before a game? He replied that he played better with a few pints in him. I proceeded to buy Andy a couple of pints which were rapidly consumed and he went on to play a blinder the following day. So sad what happened to his head after his move to the hun.

Scottish cup final 2016, game tied 2-2 corner in the 92nd minute I scream to Liam Henderson he comes over and I ask him where he's thinking of putting it, he says "I was going to play it short what you reckon?"
    So I said
    "Nah, Hendo you can't do that, you see Andy Halliday there?" as I point to Andy Halliday and I see David Gray eyeing him up
    "Put it on Davies head, Halliday will lose him"
    David Gray scores and we win the Scottish cup for the first time in 114 years... It's amazing how Hendo hasn't mentioned me since.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    A mate and I took a banner into the ground - the old type with poles. Last seconds the ball was kicked into the crowd towards us - where we were able to use the banner as a catapult to get the ball quickly back on the park. Quick throw and the centre forward scored the winner. Now I think about it that could have been something I read in Hot Shot Hamish.....

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    A mate and I took a banner into the ground - the old type with poles. Last seconds the ball was kicked into the crowd towards us - where we were able to use the banner as a catapult to get the ball quickly back on the park. Quick throw and the centre forward scored the winner. Now I think about it that could have been something I read in Hot Shot Hamish.....
    Princes Park - now there was a team!

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Was shouting to fyvie to let it go for a corner at the cup final...

you're all welcome.

Absolutely. I have been to countless games at Hampden and came home with my face tripping me. On the 21-05-16 I was about to embark on another of the said trips.

Alas that morning my mother in law passed away so naturally I cancelled my trip.

I am convinced that Hibs won that day because I was not there.

So there, I won the cup for Hibs and if that is not influencing anything I do not know what will.

Delayed kick off at a Stenhousemuir v Hibs testimonial game when we decided to walk across the pitch as teams came out. Silly things you do when younger

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    No mate it happened. Above the noise of the rattles Hot Shot said:thanks lads.. you won that for us:

Then I had to deliver the comic through a letterbox in the pouring rain to some unworthy twat.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Against Falkirk the other day a Falkirk player was about to punt it up the park so I screamed and I think he shat himself and sliced the clearance.

So aye, influential obviously

Left by mutual consent!
    There was a game against Celtic early 2000s when a group of us in the West Stand lower beside the FF managed to wind up a certain Neil Lennon that badly he booted the ball at us at full time

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Decided with kaimendhibs that Ivan should come on at half time at Ibrox at his hat trick game. You're all welcome.
    I'm sure that was the game you were as rough as a bag of nails

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Just before Liam took that kick I distinctly remember shouting "right, who wants it?"

Sir David winked at me and the rest as they say......

You're all welcome.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Blog Entries
    First derby of the new SPL. Wee fat Joe Harper gets the ball 30 yards out on his left foot - I shout don't shoot from there you t**t, Goal!!! Ya Beauty!
    Screamer in top corner!