hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mr lennon

First Team Breakthrough

mr lennon

i love his passion for the job .people on here saying his behaviour was embarsing and over the top na not for me .we have been to soft for to long .have wenger mouriho ferguson never showed the same passion on the side lines .come on ggtth

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Worth a thread of its own.

First Team Regular

Agree 100%. And so do a few Hibbies I contacted today.

We've had too many fake 'warriors' over the years like Yogi and those fuds Butcher and Malpas and been needing someone to change our softy image for a long time, and Lennon is the real deal on this.

Hope he stays with us next season.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I love the guy. Delighted he's our manager!

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Passion, Winner. End of ( as somebody used to say). More of it I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil Lennon is a born winner!
    Yes, he sometimes gets over-heated like the rest of us, but what a guy to have in your technical area.
    He has made us mentally stronger and tougher to beat.
    Last season we would have lost many of the draws we have achieved to take us 10 points clear at the top.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I know I'm changing my tune but after seeing the incident a few times and listening to his post match interviews I'm happy he's at the club. A fighter and a winner

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I'm changing my tune but after seeing the incident a few times and listening to his post match interviews I'm happy he's at the club. A fighter and a winner
    A convert and sinner saved.

@hibs.net private member
    Converted me after last night a winner who wants his team to win that will do for me no more soft centred hibs as has been the case in the past a winning mentality will do me at the club.

Hated him when he was jumping about the touchline for Celtic, but now it's for us I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    Agree 100%. And so do a few Hibbies I contacted today.

We've had too many fake 'warriors' over the years like Yogi and those fuds Butcher and Malpas and been needing someone to change our softy image for a long time, and Lennon is the real deal on this.

Hope he stays with us next season.
    If he's not here next season i'll eat my hat

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Neil Lennon is a born winner!
    Yes, he sometimes gets over-heated like the rest of us, but what a guy to have in your technical area.
    He has made us mentally stronger and tougher to beat.
    Last season we would have lost many of the draws we have achieved to take us 10 points clear at the top.
    He may well have made us get draws from games we would have lost but we have the exact amount of points we had at this stage last year. If you give him credit for that without The Rangers in the league then surely you have to say he is also responsible for taking games we would have won last year and turned them into draws, whilst scoring slightly fewer goals(48 v 46) and conceding slightly less (29 v 26 with The Rangers scoring 6 of those). All is well as we are top of the league but in terms of the team on the park we are certainly no better at gaining points and in my opinion worse to watch. That is down to either Lennon or a lack of funding. For me it is probably a bit of both but Lennon has to take his share of the blame.

Stubbs got us to 70 points in both his seasons starting with a car crash of a team and also won the Holy Grail. Lennon is 11 points away from 70 points with 6 games left. We have gained 9 points from our last 6 games so he has a bit to go to equal the point tally Stubbs manage and we would need to improve to do so. We are also very likely to score less than last year.

Finish top and Lennon has taken a Scottish Cup winning team and made them win the Championship with probably a wee bit to spare and with a massive budget compared to the rest. I'm happy to say job done and see what you can do next year. However, I see a man who gets out of control, who takes very few chances in games and who is only doing as well as his predecessor in terms of winning points and starting from a far better position. I'm a good deal short of seeing him being a great Hibs manager but he may well end up that way. He is scraping pass marks currently with a few off for bad behaviour.

I don't like to see managers kick off like that too often, but on the other hand a bit of passion doesn't hurt either. No doubt he is going to be in bother and not for the first time, its just the way the guy is and I doubt he is going to change now .... so long as he keeps us on course for the premiership I'm not really that bothered how he acts

Lennon is a strong character who never backs down. Probably why I couldn't stand him as a player but he epitomised the Septic side he played in and managed. They couldn't be bullied. He is exactly, exactly the strong character we've been needing as manager for years now. He has publicly criticised but also defended his players and our club and I hope his passion and strength filters through the club from top to bottom. We are in very, very good hands with Dempster and Lennon and I still think it was an outstanding bit of business to get him on board. We are no longer a soft touch off the park, in the media etc or on the park as shown the other night and I for one absolutely love it. WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC!!!
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 31-03-2017 at 02:43 AM.

His behaviour was embarrassing in the extreme.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zitelli62 View Post
    Converted me after last night a winner who wants his team to win that will do for me no more soft centred hibs as has been the case in the past a winning mentality will do me at the club.
    If Neil has done anything for our club he's made us one tough opponent to beat and has shown players he won't accept performances that Stubbs just put up with. Hopefully once we are up he will not need to motivate guys for games. The fact that he had the balls to drop Jason said it all for me. We can argue about his tactics but the way he has handled the team has been excellent. Plus of course gave Hertz the biggest chasing for years. The tantrums I can live with especially as I don't think he was the sinner against morton just his past made it more of an issue.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hope he signs a 4 year deal with us!!! Love his passion to win!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IanFaeClerrie View Post

no it wasnt, he was defending his players and then himself, most people would have done the sane

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    For the avoidance of doubt, I shall say it once more, we are all Neil Lennon.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    He's just added to the catalogue of classic Hibs Manager quotes in my book.

'Then the next thing I've got is the Morton manager asking for a square go, which is fair enough. I'm not going to back down.'

Was it ****!! His behaviour was "you're no gonna take liberties with me or my players!" All he did was react to a horrible challenge on his player and then had the entire Morton bench and back room team in his face. But as he said, and was proven right in his after match interview the headlines and talk have been "It's bad old Lenny!" Am i surprised at the media for this? No. Am I surprised at some Hibs fans saying this? Absolutely!! We've got a manager who's the real deal and sticks up for his players, the club, the fans and himself yet some still moan about him?! Give me that attitude every time compared to a slaver like Cathro or Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Was it ****!! His behaviour was "you're no gonna take liberties with me or my players!" All he did was react to a horrible challenge on his player and then had the entire Morton bench and back room team in his face. But as he said, and was proven right in his after match interview the headlines and talk have been "It's bad old Lenny!" Am i surprised at the media for this? No. Am I surprised at some Hibs fans saying this? Absolutely!! We've got a manager who's the real deal and sticks up for his players, the club, the fans and himself yet some still moan about him?! Give me that attitude every time compared to a slaver like Cathro or Duffy.
    Totally correct sir.

First Team Breakthrough
    That's the last two games we've had players put out of a game by poor tackles and one sent off for being on the receiving end of an opposition player playacting .Thank Christ we have a manager now who says .No I'm not having that and defending his player and club .Hibs are now winners with a bit of steel to them .That's down to Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    This for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    He may well have made us get draws from games we would have lost but we have the exact amount of points we had at this stage last year. If you give him credit for that without The Rangers in the league then surely you have to say he is also responsible for taking games we would have won last year and turned them into draws, whilst scoring slightly fewer goals(48 v 46) and conceding slightly less (29 v 26 with The Rangers scoring 6 of those). All is well as we are top of the league but in terms of the team on the park we are certainly no better at gaining points and in my opinion worse to watch. That is down to either Lennon or a lack of funding. For me it is probably a bit of both but Lennon has to take his share of the blame.

Stubbs got us to 70 points in both his seasons starting with a car crash of a team and also won the Holy Grail. Lennon is 11 points away from 70 points with 6 games left. We have gained 9 points from our last 6 games so he has a bit to go to equal the point tally Stubbs manage and we would need to improve to do so. We are also very likely to score less than last year.

Finish top and Lennon has taken a Scottish Cup winning team and made them win the Championship with probably a wee bit to spare and with a massive budget compared to the rest. I'm happy to say job done and see what you can do next year. However, I see a man who gets out of control, who takes very few chances in games and who is only doing as well as his predecessor in terms of winning points and starting from a far better position. I'm a good deal short of seeing him being a great Hibs manager but he may well end up that way. He is scraping pass marks currently with a few off for bad behaviour.
    A good post and some valid points.
    However, how far back do we go if we go down the line of comparing seasons?
    What took place last season is irrelevant in my eyes, for we could also throw into the equation our terrible League cup final defeat and our heart-breakingingly disappointing play off defeat to Falkirk as well as finishing 3rd. Last season was saved by thet wonderful Scottish Cup final win, and if not for that glorious day at Hampden our season would have been a complete failure in terms of targets not being met. Stubbs could also arguably field a stronger line up than Lennon if we include Stokes and Henderson.

No, I see this season in isolation. Our prime target is automatic promotion.
    Has Lennon taken us 10 points clear at the top of the league with a handful of games to go? Yes
    As a wee bonus and a satisfying one at that: Did he shake off Falkirk in the process? Yes

Like I say, it is futile comparing points obtained from last year or the year before. Those seasons are history and have no bearing on this season.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    A convert and sinner saved.
    Hallelujah :

Left by mutual consent!
    Backing Neil Lennon 100%!!!

I think it would be great if we could all get cardboard face masks with Lennon face on it and wear them at the game to show the world and the oppressors - We are all Neil Lennon!!!

Can you enlighten us as to who was embarrassed by his behaviour 🤔

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16