hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Joke of a red

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not convinced it should have been a red but McGregor shouldn't have went charging in like that and we'd have been a man to the good. It was a bit silly and rash and was never going to gain anything (when does it ever?).

We picked up similarly silly yellows against Falkirk. There was an incident when their player took Shinnie out when he was through into a dangerous position and Boyle ran over and gave him a wee shove. End result = both booked. It happened 2 minutes after Cummings was booked for diving (questionable again). So in that short space of time we'd had 2 silly errors of judgement and they had one terrible tackle that haulted a threatening attack and we had 2 bookings to their one.

We know the refs are rubbish, but let's stop giving them excuses to exercise their rubbishness.
    McGregor rushing in did "gain" something, incompetent ref was reaching for his yellow card for that tackle. Ruckus and chance to send off a Hibs player saw that upgraded...

refs will exercise their garbage regardless. Egos and incompetence is a worrying combination for refs especially when combined with a shocking product and shocking governing body.

Our 2nd tier (championship) is filled to the rim with Frankenstein's monsters that can kick...anything and everything. Pace and aggression is all you need at this level, exceeding levels of over-aggression and the ability to commit horrendous tackles are allowed here and seemingly encouraged by some areas.

I remember QoS' Rangers supporting thug Lyle lunged and did 2 two-footed challenges on Gray in the same match last season and I don't think he even got booked.

Lets be honest Scottish football is dire and from youth level right up the mentality is wrong. And what is worrying is, what you have said above is our players should just remain quiet and watch their colleagues getting kicked around the park (glad I'm not on your team...). You point to Shinnie - he got injured in that tackle did he not? Now Forster is injured. But Hibs players should remain quiet? We are getting 1 injury a game from poor tackles at the moment...and opposition players rarely get booked or sent off. Oliver 5 fouls = "that's your final warning", Bartley 1 foul = booking. Actually, Bartley 0 foul has = red this season...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    McGregor rushing in did "gain" something, incompetent ref was reaching for his yellow card for that tackle. Ruckus and chance to send off a Hibs player saw that upgraded...

refs will exercise their garbage regardless. Egos and incompetence is a worrying combination for refs especially when combined with a shocking product and shocking governing body.

Our 2nd tier (championship) is filled to the rim with Frankenstein's monsters that can kick...anything and everything. Pace and aggression is all you need at this level, exceeding levels of over-aggression and the ability to commit horrendous tackles are allowed here and seemingly encouraged by some areas.

I remember QoS' Rangers supporting thug Lyle lunged and did 2 two-footed challenges on Gray in the same match last season and I don't think he even got booked.

Lets be honest Scottish football is dire and from youth level right up the mentality is wrong. And what is worrying is, what you have said above is our players should just remain quiet and watch their colleagues getting kicked around the park (glad I'm not on your team...). You point to Shinnie - he got injured in that tackle did he not? Now Forster is injured. But Hibs players should remain quiet? We are getting 1 injury a game from poor tackles at the moment...and opposition players rarely get booked or sent off. Oliver 5 fouls = "that's your final warning", Bartley 1 foul = booking. Actually, Bartley 0 foul has = red this season...
    I can't say one way or another as to whether McGregor's actions got the yellow upgraded to a red - i don't think getting himself sent off was worth it even if it did though.

I totally understand your point around camaraderie on the pitch, but there are better ways to show it than needlessly getting yourself booked for being a hot head. In my Shinnie example that you've picked up on, do you really think it was worth Boyle's time running over and giving the Falkirk player a little shove and ending up booked?
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I can't say one way or another as to whether McGregor's actions got the yellow upgraded to a red - i don't think getting himself sent off was worth it even if it did though.

I totally understand your point around camaraderie on the pitch, but there are better ways to show it than needlessly getting yourself booked for being a hot head. In my Shinnie example that you've picked up on, do you really think it was worth Boyle's time running over and giving the Falkirk player a little shove and ending up booked?
    Probably not,but, given they had targetted Shinnie from the first minute (Bairds tackle) he was probably just frustrated that the ref was not defending his player as he should.

The foul v card stats in the Falkirk and Morton games are ridic. We commit half the fouls, yet come out with the same yellows/reds.

I dont think the refs are bent, just hopeless and have no idea how to control the thugs at this level.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Probably not,but, given they had targetted Shinnie from the first minute (Bairds tackle) he was probably just frustrated that the ref was not defending his player as he should.

The foul v card stats in the Falkirk and Morton games are ridic. We commit half the fouls, yet come out with the same yellows/reds.

I dont think the refs are bent, just hopeless and have no idea how to control the thugs at this level.
    A statistic that is heavily influenced by our cheap bookings (and of course the sevco supporting refs out to get us 😉).

Most games we seem to pick up really cheap yellows for dives(debatable tbh), kicking the ball away, pushing the opposition, celebrating off the pitch/at opposition.

Now, I'd happily argue that all of that (other than diving) is part of the passion and adrenaline of the game and should be treated as such by officials. But that's just not the case just now, officials are strict on this stuff and we shouldn't be giving the ref the decision to make in these situations.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mon the Hibs.

A statistic that is heavily influenced by our cheap bookings (and of course the sevco supporting refs out to get us 😉).

Most games we seem to pick up really cheap yellows for dives(debatable tbh), kicking the ball away, pushing the opposition, celebrating off the pitch/at opposition.

Now, I'd happily argue that all of that (other than diving) is part of the passion and adrenaline of the game and should be treated as such by officials. But that's just not the case just now, officials are strict on this stuff and we shouldn't be giving the ref the decision to make in these situations.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Problem here is that despite this ref usually doing Premier league games he looked out his depth to stop an obvious plan by Morton to concede free kicks to break up the game. I lost count of how many times one of our defenders was fouled to allow them to get back into their defensive shape if they lost the ball in our half. Telling a serial Morton offender to cut it out after 5 similar challenges then booking Bartley for an obvious accidental clip on the boys ankles, while the Morton player is in his own half going towards his own goal, sums it up for me.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Since Neil's now got it in for the press I want to see the reaction if McGregor's red isn't rescinded. He is definitely guilty of a run in, toe to toe stance. If the beaks decide that's enough violent conduct then every single game from now on until players learn not to must have similar sendings off. The correct result should be double sending off for the Morton player or we'll be appealing with TV evidence every week where the ref has not dealt with the same situation..

The Morton number 9 ought to be thoroughly mortified at his cringeworthy, pathetic play acting and feigning injury. McGreagor didn't touch him, if he did it was the slightest of touches, more of a gesture than a head butt. Yes, McGreagor shouldn't have gone forward and confronted him as it gave him the opportunity to con the ref into sending him off but the number 9 (i don't even know his name, another ****ing nobody who only gets attention through stuff like this) was utterly embarrassing the way he threw himself the the ground grabbing his face and rolling around as if he'd just been skelped in the puss by Mike Tyson. Cringeworthy and just blatant cheating, theres no two ways about it.

If someone had done that to him in the street and he went flying to the ground and started rolling around in feigned agony, people would think he'd lost the plot. Why do these idiots somehow think its dignified just because its on a football pitch?!