hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

John Baird on Shinnie

Seeing comments in today's papers from Mark Kerr, saying that "Baird saw his chance to have a go at Shinnie when the tackles were flying in the first minute". This was all because Shinnie claimed Falkirk bottled it in play offs last season.

Can imagine pre match, Houston telling his team to go out and go right through Shinnie.

how sweet that the tackles finally saw him go off injured and his replacement curled home a last minute beauty! Aye, doing Shinnie worked well for you John!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seeing comments in today's papers from Mark Kerr, saying that "Baird saw his chance to have a go at Shinnie when the tackles were flying in the first minute". This was all because Shinnie claimed Falkirk bottled it in play offs last season.

Can imagine pre match, Houston telling his team to go out and go right through Shinnie.

how sweet that the tackles finally saw him go off injured and his replacement curled home a last minute beauty! Aye, doing Shinnie worked well for you John!
    One for the compliance officer, IMO
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Keeping my fingers crossed that someone ends John Bairds career this season.

The fat wee weegie tramp will be playing his football in Scotland's second tier again next season. It's his level.

Hopefully the last time we encounter some of these limited hammer throwers

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    They are rapidly becoming my 3rd least favourite football team on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I was starting to feel that way about them until I realised that they are irrelevant really. It's only wee Falkirk.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I was starting to feel that way about them until I realised that they are irrelevant really. It's only wee Falkirk.
    Up until Saturday they were my most hated team this season, now that they are an irrelevance they've slipped back down to 4th.

That attitude is why those cloggers will stil be plodding away in the Championship for years to come whilst we push on to bigger and better things.

It's such a shame what Houston has done to what was once a good football team to watch.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    They are the Airdrie of the modern era. Average players trying to kick the football out of better players. Use very dirty trick in the book, continual fouling, time wasting, harassing the ref. I would not be too upset to see that ****ty club with ****ty stadium and ****ty fans staying in that league for good. I had the misfortune to be with a crowd of falkirk fans at a wedding yesterday. Total ****wits, bordering on Jamboesque levels of delusion and hatred for Hibs. Some were at ER on Saturday and thought they deserved to win. All thought we were moaning about every challenge for nothing. Moaned about our loan signings scoring against them. **** them and their ******** Jambo manager. The wedding was ***** as well!!!

I would have thought the SFA's disciplinary panel would now be inviting Mark Kerr along to explain these remarks in greater detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I thought so too. Imagine the stooshy if someone had said it about a Celtic player or about a Rangers v Celtic match.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    ****bags. And folk were defending Houston on another thread.

Lennon has a lot of respect for Houston (gave him a job at celtic) his after match comments reflected this. Would like to know Lennons thoughts on Houston obviously spent pre match telling his players to try and put our "star" players deliberately out the game.

Tw@T face houston has consistently done his against us three years in a row. He even has the audacity to label us as a bunch of divers. The annoying thing is the lodge officials have bought into this and he has got away with it. Thankfully it now looks like we have finally scraped Houston of the soles of our shoes...

Vermin

Shinnie was the target in McGinns absence, utterly disgusting and made that winning goal so much sweeter.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    That crossed my mind when I read that. What kind of a bloody idiot would come out with that in an interview?

@hibs.net private member
    Never understood this nonsense about players getting away with bad challenges in the opening minutes of a game. Either it's a bad challenge which warrants a card or not, shouldn't matter is its first minute or last minute.

Coaching Staff
    Normally I'd say yes JB, especially the player concerned (Baird), but I want all the teams immediately below us at full strength next 3 games so points are lost between them - I want to clinch this title asap and get out this league. Let them cut each other's football throats next few fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Barr Hearts and Rangers. They are for me the most annoying team that I have seen us play against, from that wee fat weegie Baird to their annoying 15 year old fans wearing stone islands and giving it the 'come on' arms when they equalised running around arguing with stewards thinking it's the 80s and then of course to that bald, fat, dinosaur yam 🔔 🔚, but having said that, it is only wee Falkirk.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Clearly they went out to injury a fellow professional which is an absolute disgrace but guaranteed the SPLF will do nothing about their players or the club

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Clearly they went out to injury a fellow professional which is an absolute disgrace but guaranteed the SPLF will do nothing about their players or the club
    True lucky, but can I play devils (Hibee) advocate. Absolutely not saying he meant it, but I spoke with Don Cowie after the first cup game and he said he'd never ever been hit as hard as Daz hit him. He was still on pain killers for the replay. Personally I want players to go in hard but fair and especially on players who are seen as creative - as they're players who tend to disappear in games once 'hit'.

Scott Brown has made a career of doing it. Even Ian Black tried - until he 'met' Nid !

Actually feel a bit sorry for Falkirk and Houston.
    Imagine being in a Scottish Cup Final and Play-off Final only to bottle them both.
    Only to then watch us lift the Scottish Cup and pick up the Championship Trophy

Can't stand them. We give as good as we get now though. Plenty of our players will try to leave a bit on the opposition when they get the chance. Gray, Marv, Holt, McGregor to name a few. And the guy in charge made a career out of being a dirty b******.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    True lucky, but can I play devils (Hibee) advocate. Absolutely not saying he meant it, but I spoke with Don Cowie after the first cup game and he said he'd never ever been hit as hard as Daz hit him. He was still on pain killers for the replay. Personally I want players to go in hard but fair and especially on players who are seen as creative - as they're players who tend to disappear in games once 'hit'.

Scott Brown has made a career of doing it. Even Ian Black tried - until he 'met' Nid !

Difference here is that Shinnie has riled them with his pre match comments. And Kerr's comments give the impression that first chance they got, someone was going to get right through Shinnie. Clearly been spoken about in dressing room.

First Team Regular
    All this makes that winning goal just become sweeter and sweeter. Pay back time! PS Was Baird the player who was constantly mouthing off to the officials after every decision? Could not believe he was allowed to do this the whole game with impunity. Very weak refereeing!

Coaching Staff
    Difference here is that Shinnie has riled them with his pre match comments. And Kerr's comments give the impression that first chance they got, someone was going to get right through Shinnie. Clearly been spoken about in dressing room.
    Ive no inside knowledge but I'd be surprised if Hibs players didn't discuss who they'd want to get the first hard challenge on - I'm not condoning irresponsible challenges in any way, but I want Hibs players to go in very hard and fair on players who can influence games - earlier into the game the better.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

I did wonder why Baird was in position to tangle with Shinnie so soon after ko. He was nowhere near where you would expect a forward to be.

Kerr's comments confirm it wasn't accidental.

Baird is the human equivalent of Falkirk FC - wee man syndrome and ultimately irrelevant.

At least you guys don't have to share a town with them!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I did wonder why Baird was in position to tangle with Shinnie so soon after ko. He was nowhere near where you would expect a forward to be.

Kerr's comments confirm it wasn't accidental.

Baird is the human equivalent of Falkirk FC - wee man syndrome and ultimately irrelevant.
    Hes also the Scottish version of Gladstone Small (Baird). Born missing a neck and runs like someone's fed him laxative and the toilet is just beyond his reach.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Ive no inside knowledge but I'd be surprised if Hibs players didn't discuss who they'd want to get the first hard challenge on - I'm not condoning irresponsible challenges in any way, but I want Hibs players to go in very hard and fair on players who can influence games - earlier into the game the better.
    I agree but I'm saying Shinnie wasn't necessarily targeted because he was the main danger man to them, it was more because of what he said. Makes it far worse IMO