hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Who decided to have a damn 'health hub' in our stadium?

Were the fans reps consulted? Was anyone consulted?

Were supposed to be an elite, professional football club. Looks like we're turning into a community centre that hosts Hibs games now and again.

Next up mother and baby coffee mornings where you can breast feed till your hearts content?

Jumble sales and cake bakes?

Cubs and Brownie meetings in the evenings?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who decided to have a damn 'health hub' in our stadium?

Were the fans reps consulted? Was anyone consulted?

Were supposed to be an elite, professional football club. Looks like we're turning into a community centre that hosts Hibs games now and again.

Next up mother and baby coffee mornings where you can breast feed till your hearts content?

Jumble sales and cake bakes?

Cubs and Brownie meetings in the evenings?
    What kind of cakes you talking about? You've got my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I'm not so sure next the logical step to be taken after maximising the revenue we can get from our facilities in order to put the best football team on the park that we can is shutting the club down.
    It was a sarcastic remark.

The point being that making money from a facility shouldn't be the only concern. BTG may not make money (might if run better) but supporters that rely on it being there may choose to not go back. There are many reasons people need a closeby place to go/meet up pre match. Given that most of the nearer pubs have closed since BTG opened there aren't many places left to go (for 800 people).Whether this be for old timers, parents with kids, out of towners needing to park or just folk wanting a pint close to the stadium pre match. It's now part of a lot of supporters matchday experience that IMO needs to be replaced ASAP.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What kind of cakes you talking about? You've got my attention.
    Are cup cakes not the done thing these days?

We could always ask our neighbours, they baked plenty to save their club

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It was a sarcastic remark.

The point being that making money from a facility shouldn't be the only concern. BTG may not make money (might if run better) but supporters that rely on it being there may choose to not go back. There are many reasons people need a closeby place to go/meet up pre match. Given that most of the nearer pubs have closed since BTG opened there aren't many places left to go (for 800 people).Whether this be for old timers, parents with kids, out of towners needing to park or just folk wanting a pint close to the stadium pre match. It's now part of a lot of supporters matchday experience that IMO needs to be replaced ASAP.
    I've gone in there myself before every game for the past few years. I'm just not that bothered if it keeps going or not, I'll find somewhere else to go
    I'm also a dinosaur who switches off as soon as the words 'matchday experience' are used.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I agree, you can't satisfy everyone but it would be a great shame if the facility was lost.

I have several family members who are a lot older than me and that's where they meet up before games, in early to get a table and have a few beers and a chatter and in to the FF for the game, come next season that will more than likely come to a halt, they will probably just go straight to the games now, nowhere else for them to go where they will get a table to sit round and chat away, Hibs club is always busy as well and the last time i tried to get in i got a KB, and the pubs that are left open nowadays are full on match day, and most are not where you can take the kids along with you either.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I've gone in there myself before every game for the past few years. I'm just not that bothered if it keeps going or not, I'll find somewhere else to go
    I'm also a dinosaur who switches off as soon as the words 'matchday experience' are used.
    Spurs are putting in a facility at their new stadium that will allow them to serve 10,000 pints a minute to facilitate their fans. Meanwhile we're closing down a bar facility to accommodate an NHS drop in centre. Granted we could probably only manage one pint of slop a minute but this just seems a backward move.

Improve it, don't close it!

Hopefully this means they make the Hibs Club members only on match days, it's been absolutely rammed the last few match days, this will make it even worse.

BTG couldve been something really special but bad management hit that on the head. I only ever went because it was Hibs, had it been anywhere else I wouldnt have returned. I stopped going recently when people (fans....the lifeblood of the club) couldnt get in despite the place being half empty at 215.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Am I the only one who can see the irony in this whole thing?

From the beginning this was mooted as Hibs making underused parts of the stadium available to the local community as part of a strategy to forge closer links to it .... that seems to have grown arms and legs to become a financial venture which will be at the expense of the one community which should be most important to the club .... the Hibs support.

BTG shouldn't only be viewed from a financial point of view, perhaps if it was actually losing substantial sums of money but that doesn't appear to be the case ..... it seems it has been binned in order to make more money than it does. But IMO there was a value to be placed on it which rises above just money .... it was a facility that brought the club and the fans closer together in that there was a social side to going to Easter Road as well as just being folk who turn up to pay at the turnstiles or browse the club shop. It was a place where ordinary fans could see the Chairman or CEO and chat with them if they wanted to. It was a place where Hibs fans with young kids could go knowing their kids could be kept amused and be safe while they had a pre match pint. It was a place where out of town fans who sometimes have to arrive early to get parked could go to while away the time before the match.

For all its faults BTG was a facility that Hibs could be proud of and now it seems like there's a real danger it wont be replaced .... I for one am never confident when I see phrases like "being reviewed" in a statement, it never leads to the outcome you want in my experience.

I have to say that if BTG isn't replaced by a facility at least as good, hopefully better, then for the first time since she joined the club I will feel that we ( the support ) have been let down by Leeann Dempster.

Well said NN.

As you say a meeting point for Hibs fans before games, the wee bit in bold, i Thought BTG would be the ideal place to meet up with the fans reps as well, how will fans get to meet up with them next season, they will have to now step up with more communication on social media as unless they are going to do a tour of the local pubs on matchdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I can't remember the last time I read a post praising BTG but now it's closing folk are doing their nut
    Maybe, but as you will know it is always a good meeting point for Hibs fans.

First Team Breakthrough Bighoose's Avatar
    Few of us would go to BTG after games, especially the times when the barriers were up after the Cat A games.

Stopped going mainly as service was so slow and after you had queued 30 minutes for your crap pint they would tell you to drink up as they were closing.

Seems a shame tho to have nothing on offer especially when as suggested simple things like a bottle bar etc would have improved the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    If Hibs are getting good money for it, it's a great move.
    How much are Hibs getting for it.

Lets just knock the place down and sell it to Cala homes and we can move out to somewhere close to the bypass.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The notion that it wasn't a popular place was a strange one to me given the number of fans who used it for their pre match pint.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    How much are Hibs getting for it.

Lets just knock the place down and sell it to Cala homes and we can move out to somewhere close to the bypass.
    Dunno.

i'd still keep the stadium where it is.... :o)

Disgraceful decision to move away from providing BTG to something related to the NHS. We are a football club for fans, not a health centre! My kids met the Chairman at BTG and it is an excellent facility for fans.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Once again the fans are not given any thought regarding closure of BTG.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Once again the fans are not given any thought regarding closure of BTG.
    That's what i'm trying to find out. With the various fans working groups on the go, surely the BTG project would have been raised somewhere, and if so, what was their viewpoint?

We're a football club first and foremost.
    The club are putting revenue first so that they can provide a better football team.

That's literally what everyone on this board has been complaining about for the past 5 years being addressed. But now it's a problem as roughly 5% of the total attendees need to walk 500 yards extra from the pub?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    We're a football club first and foremost.
    The club are putting revenue first so that they can provide a better football team.

That's literally what everyone on this board has been complaining about for the past 5 years being addressed. But now it's a problem as roughly 5% of the total attendees need to walk 500 yards extra from the pub?
    That's just a ridiculous statement. It's a football ground with fans facilities that are being removed. Most of the fans that go to BTG bar have been the ones propping up our club when we were getting 7k attendances. I've been taking my son there since he was a wee boy, he's now 25. What do the other dads do with their kids now it's shutting down. Some may not bother or leave the kids at home, hardly nurturing support!

Bloody hell!!! "Disgrace" - "where will folk meet" - "no replacement" - "we're a football club, not a health centre" etc etc etc.

The club has a facility, the FF function rooms, that brings money in for around 40 days a year. They negotiate a deal to have that facility used 52 weeks of the year. Now I'm no financial whizkid but even I can guess the income from that facility will increase substantially. That's money coming into the club. I've been told that there will be a replacement facility at the stadium.

Maybe we should just stop the kind of speculation that implies the club doesn't care about the supporters?

Rant over
    This is how it feels

Is there not a load of space in the South stand where this health hub could be accommodated?

As has already been said where do you draw the line at giving up supporters facilities to accommodate local community projects.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Bloody hell!!! "Disgrace" - "where will folk meet" - "no replacement" - "we're a football club, not a health centre" etc etc etc.

The club has a facility, the FF function rooms, that brings money in for around 40 days a year. They negotiate a deal to have that facility used 52 weeks of the year. Now I'm no financial whizkid but even I can guess the income from that facility will increase substantially. That's money coming into the club. I've been told that there will be a replacement facility at the stadium.

Maybe we should just stop the kind of speculation that implies the club doesn't care about the supporters?

Rant over
    Well said

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    There's an area of land between the FF and the East on the corner. I had assumed that was going to be the site for the health centre.

It only seems to get used on match days to park a few cars. I'm sure something could be built there and still accommodate a seating deck in the future.

BTG is only open on match days obviously roughly 100 hours per season. The reason LD wants the business from the NHS is the agreement is for the hole year witch in turn will be roughly 400/500 grand for the club. The reason the south isn't being used is the fact the police cells are there some offices which the club use, we as a club get just under 100 grand per annum from NHS for what they use in the south stand, hence the reason they need bigger facilities it's a no brainer
    for the board. I don't agree as my mates go there and so do I although it's usually back of 2 and it's rammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    BTG is only open on match days obviously roughly 100 hours per season. The reason LD wants the business from the NHS is the agreement is for the hole year witch in turn will be roughly 400/500 grand for the club. The reason the south isn't being used is the fact the police cells are there some offices which the club use, we as a club get just under 100 grand per annum from NHS for what they use in the south stand, hence the reason they need bigger facilities it's a no brainer
    for the board. I don't agree as my mates go there and so do I although it's usually back of 2 and it's rammed.
    Surely the NHS aren't paying Hibs 500 grand a year to rent a space. They could buy and own there own place for a few years rent if that was the case. It sounds excessive in the extreme?

Rant over
    Spot on. Especially the bit in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Surely the NHS aren't paying Hibs 500 grand a year to rent a space. They could buy and own there own place for a few years rent if that was the case. It sounds excessive in the extreme?
    LD isn't daft it's big money for us . Just unfortunately the timing isn't great with no where in place instead.

Rant over
    A decent rant.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    That's a great idea - stopped going BTG years ago as the draught beer was awful. Isn't easy to maintain beer lines that are so rarely used as well. Packaged beers would be much better - and, as you say, quicker.
    Temperature would be an issue. Only thing worse than crap beer is warm beer.

J