hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitch Invasion

Pitch Invasion

WHEN we win the league... will we invade the pitch? It obviously happens down south most seasons but I hope we don't do it, incase the players don't get to celebrate on the pitch with the trophy etc like hampden.

Thoughts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    For god's sake no.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    It's only the championship, so no

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Pitch invasions are for the younger generations.
    I could not be arsed climbing over the seats , walking down the stairs , stopping for a pie, climbing over the wall , bribing the steward and then getting my deck shoes muddy .

We should have an Argentina . Does anyone remember them or was it a name my street made up for throwing paper and bog roll
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's only the championship, so no
    we done it the last time we won the 1st division

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The young radges will do it. I would be hard pushed to make the leap from the West Upper

Might have to make do with throwing a flare

That was a joke...............

Hope not. Would much rather get the trophy presented to Sunshine On Leith as quick as possible if I'm honest

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'll just be glad that (if and when it happens) we'll be out of this league. I'm not thinking it's going to be a huge cause for celebration like the cup win was. I'll enjoy it, be happy about it, but there'll be no thoughts of going on a three day bender or invading the pitch or that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It happens every year in the football league in England and nobody bats and eyelid. If hibs were to do it police Scotland would probably push to get our games played behind doors or something

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'll just be glad that (if and when it happens) we'll be out of this league. I'm not thinking it's going to be a huge cause for celebration like the cup win was. I'll enjoy it, be happy about it, but there'll be no thoughts of going on a three day bender or invading the pitch or that.

We stil haven't won the league there is still an outside chance if we are not up to the job but fingers and toes crossed we can clinch it over the next few games. We have spent three years in this league, we missed out when hertz won it, we missed out when rankgers won it, so the fans have the right to celebrate. The fans have been brilliant this season so its up to us to have something in place so we can enjoy it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan03 View Post
    WHEN we win the league... will we invade the pitch? It obviously happens down south most seasons but I hope we don't do it, incase the players don't get to celebrate on the pitch with the trophy etc like hampden.

Thoughts.
    The club will issue a statement beforehand telling fans there will be serious repercussions if they do. It'll only spoil the day and for that reason a big no from me. Our neighbours didn't do it nor did the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    I remember it well. Swinging on the cross bar at Firhill!

Just no.

I hope if we do have a game at home when we win the league or final home game we get league trophy that the club issue a statement and have proper security to stop it happening.

Will be interesting to see when this happens...south stand full of Hibs fans would be nice too.

As others have said - we will celebrate but not a massive achievement considering we shouldn't be down here in the first place.

Oddly though it's been some of my most enjoyable years following Hibs as winning games makes weekends so much better. The top league is over rated !

Thoughts.
    Maybe next season...

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If we win it at an away game it will probably happen, but not if it's at Easter Road. I was on the pitch at Firhill the last time, but i was much younger then

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Celebrating winning the championship should be a fairly down beat thing. Yes we need to congratulate the players when (and it will) it happens but let's not go over the top for winning the second tier.

No. Enjoy the celebrations in the stands and leave the pitch for the players to celebrate on.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Install M134 minigun turrets to hose down the first wave.

When we win the league I'm going to be happy that we're getting out of it, and that we'll have the opportunity to kick on as a club, rather than being delighted with winning this league trophy.

Please stay off the pitch when it does happen. May was pure emotion and understandable.

However let the players enjoy this if it happens. I remember in 07 after the cup and some ruined it for others back at Easter road.

Thoughts.
    Winning Div 2 in Scotland (after 3 years, with no stiff competition this year, and our resources) should be celebrated in the appropriate way, a warm and polite round of applause for the team, management and club. We'll have achieve our goal. Invading the pitch would be ridiculous.

Id rather invade the pitch at hampden in May

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Hopefully not!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I've got my smoke bombs ready

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Things done elsewhere doesn't make anything right or necessary.

Racial abuse, pitch invasions, flares, smoke bombs, sectarian singing, sweetie paper rustling, falling down the stairs and onto the pitch side, attacking players or managers etc etc.

Stay at the sides and applaud or indeed get on the pitch if invited to do so but if not, stay off....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If we win it at an away game it will probably happen, but not if it's at Easter Road. I was on the pitch at Firhill the last time, but i was much younger then
    Fair point about away game..

You don't see many police at these games so could easily happen..hopefully clubs are prepared and fans behave themselves in the stands.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Pitch invasions are for the younger generations.
    I could not be arsed climbing over the seats , walking down the stairs , stopping for a pie, climbing over the wall , bribing the steward and then getting my deck shoes muddy .

We should have an Argentina . Does anyone remember them or was it a name my street made up for throwing paper and bog roll
    Not made up. I first saw it at the world cup in Argentina in 1978, paper thrown at the start, and it was then done at ER for at least a few games at the start of the next season.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Why stop at invading the pitch? Let's take the whole ****ing City. Then we march South. Today the Championship, tomorrow the World. C'mon Hibbys, who is with me?

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    And it ruined the chance for the team to celebrate properly. Just don't do it, and have the type of celebration we should have had at Hampden last year.