hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Semi final tickets for ST holders

Can anyone remember how many tickets STs could buy last year before general sale. My son and I both have ST but my other son wants to come too and I would prefer to get all the tickets in the first wave and not general sale if it's only 1 per ST

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I'm after 10 tickets and between us we have 4 season ticket so if we can't get them i'l just wait till the public sale

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    It was 90 loyalty points and no restrictions on numbers you could buy.

I'd imagine it'll be two per st.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup. If the crowd is over 30,000 it's impressive given it's on BBC and the kick off time.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    And then it will be chaos on Ticketmaster

Last seasons semi against Dundee Utd
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-announce-ticket-details-for-scottish-cup-semi-final-1-4082384

@hibs.net private member
    I've managed to get firm commitments from 7 semi-regulars/big game only mates. That's in addition to our 4 season tickets so 11 in total. I really hope ST holders get as many as they want or it will be rubbish being split up for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    I've managed to get firm commitments from 7 semi-regulars/big game only mates. That's in addition to our 4 season tickets so 11 in total. I really hope ST holders get as many as they want or it will be rubbish being split up for the game.
    Or just wait until it goes to general sale and buy them all together.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I would imagine it will go straight to a general sale. There's no chance that the game will sell out.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    And then it will be chaos on Ticketmaster

Last seasons semi against Dundee Utd
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-announce-ticket-details-for-scottish-cup-semi-final-1-4082384
    Why would it be chaos? If it's two per ST, plenty to go round and a few thousand left over for public sale. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Why would it be chaos? If it's two per ST, plenty to go round and a few thousand left over for public sale. Simple.
    Meant chaos on Ticketmaster, if too many are looking for tickets on day 1, always happens

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I would imagine it will go straight to a general sale. There's no chance that the game will sell out.
    You could be right but given the massive achievement made last year I'd like to think we'd sell out our allocation. A huge Hibs support could make all the difference in pushing the team over the line and into the final.

Unlimited for ST holders (this season or next) then remaining tickets to public sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Unlimited for ST holders (this season or next) then remaining tickets to public sale.
    That's pretty much a public sale from day 1, as most people will know of someone who has a season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Won't make it unlimited for season ticket holders. Not when we have the best part of 11,500.

Will be two each at most IMO. Even that would account for 23,000 tickets which might be more than we actually get allocated by the time you take of the hospitality, debentures etc. Possibly one for an existing or new season ticket holder. Two if you are existing and have renewed.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 07-03-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Won't make it unlimited for season ticket holders. Not when we have the best part of 11,500.

Will be two each at most IMO. Even that would account for 23,000 tickets which might be more than we actually get allocated by the time you take of the hospitality, debentures etc. So that might not happen either, not that I think we will take that many.
    Never thought of it that way, could end up with season ticket holders not getting a ticket😄
    Hibs have a lot to think about with this, to get it right

I would hope not. ST holders have to get first dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Will be two each at most IMO. Even that would account for 23,000 tickets which might be more than we actually get allocated by the time you take of the hospitality, debentures etc. Possibly one for an existing or new season ticket holder. Two if you are existing and have renewed.
    Probably won't, but should.
    It would encourage sales, no way we will come close to selling this out.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Never thought of it that way, could end up with season ticket holders not getting a ticket😄
    Hibs have a lot to think about with this, to get it right
    Wouldnt have thought it would make any difference Billy, surely they'd give us more tickets should we require more, it's not as if Aberdeen will bring more than 12-15k tops?

Has Hampden sold out in recent years for a SF other than for a bigot fest? They don't bother to open up the best seats (South Upper).

I would hope for 28,000 but maybe much lower given the kick-off time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It had better not! ST's first then the rest.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Hopefully one per season ticket holder for a few days at least to give all season ticket holders who want what you'd call the prime seats in the north and south first dibs.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Hopefully one per season ticket holder for a few days at least to give all season ticket holders who want what you'd call the prime seats in the north and south first dibs.
    Has to be this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Has Hampden sold out in recent years for a SF other than for a bigot fest? They don't bother to open up the best seats (South Upper).

I would hope for 28,000 but maybe much lower given the kick-off time.
    They have to offer South Upper to Debenture Holders or relocate them in the South Lower I always get three or four fro a Celtibc Debenture Holder so was glad we avoided them
    Seems crazy i can do this and am not a Season Ticket Holder
    But on the down side if its not a sell out you can be up there with hardly anyo e else
    The last time that happened was against Aberdeen in a Semi when Latapy scored first and they went on to win 2. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Has to be this.

cant see I only being 1 each a least 2 or no restrictions never had any bother getting tickets for other semis.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Was it the semi or final last year where you were offered one ticket for each season ticket you had? I'm fairly sure I got one for my 15/16 ticket but could also have had a 2nd as I'd already bought my 16/17 ticket?!?

Hibs will take a very big crowd to this. I'm going to say it will be about 17K if not a few more. Aberdeen will take about 12-14K then their fans will claim to have sold more tickets.

2 per ST for a few days then general sale thereafter will cover it fine.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Was it the semi or final last year where you were offered one ticket for each season ticket you had? I'm fairly sure I got one for my 15/16 ticket but could also have had a 2nd as I'd already bought my 16/17 ticket?!?
    Final.

Semi was unlimited tickets for anyone with over 90 loyalty points.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I know this might seem unnecessary but I'd go:

1 per ST for a few days.
    Then 2 per ST.
    Then general sale.

Think the club need to factor in the Ticketmaster problem and make this as pain free as possible. Those buying for others (part-timers :p) will need to wait for round 2 or 3. People who just want a ticket for one seat will get best choice and less traffic on Ticketmaster.

Unlimited to ST Holders, then open up to General sale. There will be plenty of tickets to go around will also mean that ST Holders are able to sit next to mates family etc who aren't ST Holders. I know some walk ups who don't have a ST Holder mates or family wont be happy but there will be more than enough to go around