hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Question for the admin

Was having a look at some other footy forums, and some of the stuff that people get away with saying is outrageous at best. Across the road for starters.

It's never really been like that on here.

Admin, are we generally an alright bunch, or are your fingers watching carefully for the loonies so they are quickly dispatched?

Just to say, I much prefer it like this. If you wouldn't say something in the street then don't say it here IMO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I do sometimes struggle a bit with the swear filter, its a bummer having to come up with inventive ways to spell 'schyte'

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do sometimes struggle a bit with the swear filter, its a bummer having to come up with inventive ways to spell 'schyte'
    I'm off to pop that on the banned list

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    And ********

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    The boy that played at Celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    Was having a look at some other footy forums, and some of the stuff that people get away with saying is outrageous at best. Across the road for starters.

Admin, are we generally an alright bunch, or are your fingers watching carefully for the loonies so they are quickly dispatched?

Just to say, I much prefer it like this. If you wouldn't say something in the street then don't say it here IMO.
    Bit of both. but it would appear that most people who populate this forum are reasonably sane.

The language on the the hun forum is shocking!

Across the road?

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Across the road?
    Hearts Kickback

Left by mutual consent!

Admins on every forum on the interweb do a fantastically unappreciated and unpaid job so why are you trying to sook in on this one?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

You called?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Kickback language is filtered from what I've read. Some of their gif/reactions are quite funny tbf from when I've been on for a laugh after another cup derby defeat.

Rangersmedia is a different level. Genuinely every poster uses sectarian bile.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Kickback language is filtered from what I've read. Some of their gif/reactions are quite funny tbf from when I've been on for a laugh after another cup derby defeat.

Rangersmedia is a different level. Genuinely every poster uses sectarian bile
    And there's nae swear filter. The language would make a sailor blush, and that's just the female posters!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    The language on the the hun forum is shocking!
    It's a sad indictment that the posters on that forum actually think that it's okay to say those things.

When certain posts regarding rumours are removed from .net you can be certain of reading all about it on certain other forums!

I generally think we debate threads reasonably well here, there seems a code of conduct that 95% adhere to, the admins are pretty quick to nip personal/illegal stuff in the bud and either get rid of posts, tell people off or simply close the thread. Occasionally they ban someone who tends to ignore their threats and you'll suddenly see him in red with a line through his name "left by mutual consent", that's a last resort I'd assume.

Sometimes someone pops a link on to a Rangers forum and they tend to get away with murder with what they say, it's reading these other websites that makes you glad you're a Hibs fan.