hibs.net Messageboard

Singing Section - Update

Further to our announcement on 28 February 2017, Section 25 of the FF Upper will be transformed into the Singing Section next year.

To date, over 75 applications have been received. The closing date for applications is 23 March 2017. If the demand outweighs the availability, we’ll contact those who have not been successful and place on a waiting list. We’ll also contact those successful to then arrange the purchase of the Season Ticket by 7 April 2017, in line with the Early Bird and Payment Plan closure at the club.

Both our Group and the Club have received feedback from a small number of supporters relating to the lack of engagement. Our Group recognise the areas where we have failed to engage with the right audience and have taken a number of learnings from this experience. We’d like to apologise for any upset/inconvenience caused to that population. I also understand the Club continue to liaise with those impacted by this change.

As ever, we’re happy to discuss these changes and are arranging for a “drop-in session” in the next couple of weeks where all supporters will have the opportunity to ask questions and meet those involved and interested in the Singing Section. Date, time and location to be confirmed.

We've created a small forum to keep track of updates to the section and details of buses/sections for away games.

http://since1875.boards.net/forum

Thanks to everyone who has sent a message to the account. I have categorised these below into a Q&A for your viewing.

Q – I cannot use the application on the website, how do I apply?

A – Please send the following information by email to famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk

Full Name –
    Address –
    Client Ref –
    Email Address –

Price Class (select one)
    Adult
    Child (0-11)
    Youth (12-17)
    Student
    Senior (65+)

Signed (Your Name) –
    Date –

Q – How to I apply with my friends/family to ensure we have seats together?

A – Please arrange for all applications to be sent together in one email. One application per person must be completed.

We thank you for your continued support and backing. As a Group of passionate supporters, we will continue to work hard and engage with the wider fan base to ensure this is a success.

Glory Glory

Since 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Further to our announcement on 28 February 2017, Section 25 of the FF Upper will be transformed into the Singing Section next year.

To date, over 75 applications have been received. The closing date for applications is 23 March 2017. If the demand outweighs the availability, we’ll contact those who have not been successful and place on a waiting list. We’ll also contact those successful to then arrange the purchase of the Season Ticket by 7 April 2017, in line with the Early Bird and Payment Plan closure at the club.

Both our Group and the Club have received feedback from a small number of supporters relating to the lack of engagement. Our Group recognise the areas where we have failed to engage with the right audience and have taken a number of learnings from this experience. We’d like to apologise for any upset/inconvenience caused to that population. I also understand the Club continue to liaise with those impacted by this change.

As ever, we’re happy to discuss these changes and are arranging for a “drop-in session” in the next couple of weeks where all supporters will have the opportunity to ask questions and meet those involved and interested in the Singing Section. Date, time and location to be confirmed.

We've created a small forum to keep track of updates to the section and details of buses/sections for away games.

http://since1875.boards.net/forum

Thanks to everyone who has sent a message to the account. I have categorised these below into a Q&A for your viewing.

Q – I cannot use the application on the website, how do I apply?

A – Please send the following information by email to famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk

Full Name –
    Address –
    Client Ref –
    Email Address –

Price Class (select one)
    Adult
    Child (0-11)
    Youth (12-17)
    Student
    Senior (65+)

Signed (Your Name) –
    Date –

Q – How to I apply with my friends/family to ensure we have seats together?

A – Please arrange for all applications to be sent together in one email. One application per person must be completed.

We thank you for your continued support and backing. As a Group of passionate supporters, we will continue to work hard and engage with the wider fan base to ensure this is a success.

Glory Glory

Since 1875
    What criteria does the club have in place to decide how season tickets will be allocated should supply outstrip demand?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    What criteria does the club have in place to decide how season tickets will be allocated should supply outstrip demand?
    With only 75 applications so far, I don't see that happening TBH.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I actually think that is the flaw in this plan.

The singing section create the best atmosphere when they create everyone around them to join in ....most people who enjoy a song, won't want to be in the singing section - it would have been best tomoitnit back up the top of the east - as last Saturday showed - it's the natural
    Place.

Anyway. That said - good luck to those involved - do a magic job - home and away !

Still not sure about this relocation Gans that walk up and buy season tickets for the East in sectiions 44 43 and 42 know they are currently in the vicinity of the singing Section and i assume like me they are happy to go there and join in i they want (. I know there will be exceptions to this )
    Its near the away support and generates atmosphete on the back pf that
    If those woth Season Tickets in the F F upper havent been consulted and are already less likeley to want to sing for large parts of the game , is this not llikely to end up with a minority singing
    I am all for a Singing Section and will probably try to go to the F F upper on a few occadsions to see what its like
    But we seem to have gone from talk about relocation and nothing happening and suddenly an announcement its happeing

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Still not sure about this relocation Gans that walk up and buy season tickets for the East in sectiions 44 43 and 42 know they are currently in the vicinity of the singing Section and i assume like me they are happy to go there and join in i they want (. I know there will be exceptions to this )
    Its near the away support and generates atmosphete on the back pf that
    If those woth Season Tickets in the F F upper havent been consulted and are already less likeley to want to sing for large parts of the game , is this not llikely to end up with a minority singing
    I am all for a Singing Section and will probably try to go to the F F upper on a few occadsions to see what its like
    But we seem to have gone from talk about relocation and nothing happening and suddenly an announcement its happeing
    If there's a large group of us in the FF singing and then all those in the East as well it should make for a pretty class atmosphere. A very small group of guys in the West against Dunfermline made an amazing anount of noise last week.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I actually think that is the flaw in this plan.

The singing section create the best atmosphere when they create everyone around them to join in ....most people who enjoy a song, won't want to be in the singing section - it would have been best tomoitnit back up the top of the east - as last Saturday showed - it's the natural
    Plac
    Anyway. That said - good luck to those involved - do a magic job - home and away !
    After the Flares were thrown from the back of the East at the Ayr game there is no way that the Club will consider the back of the East in future
    And i know those that organise the singing section dont condone that type of behavior

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    After the Flares were thrown from the back of the East at the Ayr game there is no way that the Club will consider the back of the East in future
    And i know those that organise the singing section dont condone that type of behavior
    True Ronny ....unfortunate impact of those acts

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    . A very small group of guys in the West against Dunfermline made an amazing anount of noise last week.
    I make a lot of noise every week in the west when booing Andrew Shinnie but no one compliments me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I make a lot of noise every week in the west when booing Andrew Shinnie but no one compliments me.
    Does he annoy you when he does something good ??

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Does he annoy you when he does something good ??
    I'll let you know when that happens :-D

Left by mutual consent! WS Hibs's Avatar
    Personally speaking, 75 people already committing to a singing section inside a week from it being announced is a strong showing. That's already at least 25% of the block filled with fans actively seeking to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road, probably equating to four or five rows.

It's worth bearing in mind that most of these fans are making the move from the East to behind the goals and following the drum in the hope of more noise being generated. If/when the results are positive, I have no doubt that more people will be willing to give up their current seat and join them up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    After 72 hours of being available we are delighted with that turnaround and have the same number commitimg to apply by the end of this week.

We have until August to fill this and we'll all be working hard to ensure it's full by then.

If you are thinking of applying my advice wpuld be to not leave it too long as there are 50 or so ST holders on top of the 75 applied and 75 who have verbally supported this. Applications will be on a first come, forst serve basis.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    No concrete plans. I would assume we'd encourage those still interested to get the next seat closest.

Quote Originally Posted by WS Hibs View Post
    Personally speaking, 75 people already committing to a singing section inside a week from it being announced is a strong showing. That's already at least 25% of the block filled with fans actively seeking to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road, probably equating to four or five rows.

It's worth bearing in mind that most of these fans are making the move from the East to behind the goals and following the drum in the hope of more noise being generated. If/when the results are positive, I have no doubt that more people will be willing to give up their current seat and join them up there.
    If the section does end up being over subscribed there are still quite a few seats in the FF upper that are not occupied by ST holders, especially the two blocks furthest away from the block ring fenced for the singing section ........ get a hundred or so committed singers into these seats ( on the strict understanding they have to sit ) and you have turned the whole upper deck into a singing section without really trying, the total capacity is only about 1,700 and I'm sure most of the traditional FF upper regulars aren't going to just sit on their hands when a song starts.

I know that me and my mates who sit in the FF lower will be joining in when the singing starts and I'm willing to bet that a good few others in the lower deck will as well, especially the kids who sit there ...... there are a good few in the FF lower who don't start songs because folk are too timid to join in, I'm willing to bet that the noise coming from above them will encourage them a lot to get going.

I think that's the possibility a lot of folk are missing with this .... if this goes the way I hope it will you wont just be talking about a wee knot of fans in one section, you will be talking about a stand which at most games has about 3,000 fans in it all being encouraged to sing.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    How many are in the current singing section?
    Just wondering if the amount applied, is more or less

Left by mutual consent! WS Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If the section does end up being over subscribed there are still quite a few seats in the FF upper that are not occupied by ST holders, especially the two blocks furthest away from the block ring fenced for the singing section ........ get a hundred or so committed singers into these seats ( on the strict understanding they have to sit ) and you have turned the whole upper deck into a singing section without really trying, the total capacity is only about 1,700 and I'm sure most of the traditional FF upper regulars aren't going to just sit on their hands when a song starts.

I know that me and my mates who sit in the FF lower will be joining in when the singing starts and I'm willing to bet that a good few others in the lower deck will as well, especially the kids who sit there ...... there are a good few in the FF lower who don't start songs because folk are too timid to join in, I'm willing to bet that the noise coming from above them will encourage them a lot to get going.

I think that's the possibility a lot of folk are missing with this .... if this goes the way I hope it will you wont just be talking about a wee knot of fans in one section, you will be talking about a stand which at most games has about 3,000 fans in it all being encouraged to sing.
    Agreed. Think this is a real platform for things to build from. I was once at the top of the East near the drum and thought the atmosphere was very loud, I watched it on Hibs TV the next day and you could barely hear it. I imagine it must be a similar feeling right now in the Famous Five and West Stands. The Hearts replay (obviously a special occasion) proved that fans aren't hostile to singing IMO.

I also think it's great that the family section will have kids who can get to hear a bit more of an atmosphere going on above them and hopefully keep them interested in going to Easter Road, instead of sitting there playing games on their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    How many are in the current singing section?
    Just wondering if the amount applied, is more or less
    Currently 27 STs at the front of Section 43.

First Team Breakthrough
    Signed up! Good work guys

Good luck with the singing section, but i would think there would be a better atmosphere from the top of the east?

Hibs have confirmed they will be issuing acknowledgments to all who have applied in the next couple of days.

A number of incomplete applications were received. You may have been asked to clarify some details by email.

Bump.

Will provide an update later this week.

What sort of numbers are you looking at just now?