hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar

Cummings toys oot the pram

What was with JC throwing a strop?

Was it NL that was having a go at him or was is the frustration of getting caught offside, or the service he felt he wasn't getting?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Was it NL that was having a go at him or was is the frustration of getting caught offside, or the service he felt he wasn't getting?
    All the above id think.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Needs to mature as a player...Quickly..Fed up with his playground tantrums..

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Not fed up of his goals though

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Not fed up of his goals though
    Ach come on...The goals are there..The maturity is sadly lacking..

Rarely see it anymore, he's the real deal now. People who moan about Cummings deserved to watch guys like Rowan Vine.

Did I miss something or was it when he just kicked the ball out of play for a throw in to Ayr Utd?

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Rarely see it anymore, he's the real deal now. People who moan about Cummings deserved to watch guys like Rowan Vine.
    If the guy deliberately boots the ball out the park then people have every right to moan no matter how good he is.

It's a team game and not all about him.

Disappointed with him and wouldn't blame Lennon if he dropped him for Keats.

Correct

Testimonial Due
    On know RV. I am feeling unwell now.

@hibs.net private member
    I couldn't put it better. Cummings is a proper player now and one that will leave next season, very much to our detriment.

All of the above said, Lennon's decision to sub him was justified by Keating's goal.

It was after both Parker and Lennon rushed off the bench and screamed at Cummings every time he made a mistake in the 10 minutes building up to the moment he booted the ball out for a throw in. Lennon really doesnt seem to know how to get the best out of Jason, screaming at him all game does not make him play better. If he doesnt know that yet he never will.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Cummings is twice the player this season than he was last.

His wee right back cameo in the first half was glorious.

Left by mutual consent!
    Cummings is always being looked at now to get us out of jail I think the pressure is on. IMO the other forwards need to start scoring as we need them to step up. Keatings managed a goal today so good.

We are in 2nd tier Holt, Shinnie Graham etc should for me have scored more.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    To be fair he's only 21, strikers these days are allowed a few extra years of pre-madona ship before they need to wise up.

Coaching Staff
    If Malonga had done that there would have been pages worth!

I thought Lennon was trying to get on the pitch to have a go at him at one point. I'm sure they will discuss and sort out. I think Lennon likes him a lot and wants him to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    It was after both Parker and Lennon rushed off the bench and screamed at Cummings every time he made a mistake in the 10 minutes building up to the moment he booted the ball out for a throw in. Lennon really doesnt seem to know how to get the best out of Jason, screaming at him all game does not make him play better. If he doesnt know that yet he never will.
    I totally agree with you.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Did I miss something or was it when he just kicked the ball out of play for a throw in to Ayr Utd?
    It was just when he scooped the ball and kicked it back towards the Ayr defence. He allowed his head to go down for the 5 mins after that which seemed to affect his and the team's performance.

I'm not reading too much into it but I know he's better than that.

On a plus side he scored another cracking penalty.

I think management seem to treat Cummings a lot harsher than anyone else when they make a mistake. Just my opinion from what I've seen, but Cummings seems to get stick for everything that goes wrong from the management. Cummings has matured as a player a lot in his time down here and is starting to do more work,rather than just score goals. Hopefully he can get rid of the occasional tantrums though, as they don't leave a great impression.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    **** knows what Lennon has got against Cummings. I hope it's because he wants to push him to be a better player, but I don't think it's that. We should be building our team around Cummings and sjm

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    His wee right back cameo in the first half was glorious.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I think his lack of work rate up top doesn't help him at times he looks very lazy and discussed this after today's game. Holt has shown recently his work rate has stepped up and he's getting the rewards with better performances surly that's not a coincidence? Jason needs to work harder to become a better player imo.

In his defence he's played a lot of games recently but he's a fit young man. Equally Lennons management hasn't hindered him scoring he's scoring regularly pitty the rest aren't.

Agree with the comments previously he's a far better player this season much more rounded as a player not just a goal scorer.

It was just when he scooped the ball and kicked it back towards the Ayr defence. He allowed his head to go down for the 5 mins after that which seemed to affect his and the team's performance.

I'm not reading too much into it but I know he's better than that.

On a plus side he scored another cracking penalty.
    I thought it lasted about a minute, he then ran his socks off for the next 5/10 minutes winnng the ball back and playing a few balls through, culminating in a chance for Boyle I think when he squared it. Blown well out of proportion, Lennon went daft at him for trying a dummy which I thought was on but Holt didn't read it.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    **** knows what Lennon has got against Cummings. I hope it's because he wants to push him to be a better player, but I don't think it's that. We should be building our team around Cummings and sjm
    I think it's obvious.

Lennon knows JC can and should do better.

How many hat tricks (giggle) or doubles does he score?

JC is good, but is happy to score one goal. He could be great, and currently isn't - it's that simple.

Did not like the way Lennon completely ignored JC when he was subbed and went into the dug out. Was left to Tam the groundsman to acknowledge Jason. Poor.

JC is not perfect but he's the best goalscorer we've got and a bit of man management wouldn't go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If the guy deliberately boots the ball out the park then people have every right to moan no matter how good he is.

It's a team game and not all about him.

Disappointed with him and wouldn't blame Lennon if he dropped him for Keats.
    He better not drop our 19 goal striker for our biggest game of season next week...tantrum or nae tantrum

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    Did not like the way Lennon completely ignored JC when he was subbed and went into the dug out. Was left to Tam the groundsman to acknowledge Jason. Poor.

JC is not perfect but he's the best goalscorer we've got and a bit of man management wouldn't go amiss.
    He needs to learn tho it's not all about him..he was infuriating at times in that "tantrum" spell. I love JC but he needs to cut out the boyish behaviour. Granted we r seeing a lot less of it and I think it's because lennon won't tolerate it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Goal machine.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire