hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holt

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Holt

My MOTM today. Superb and has been for the most part for the last 5 or 6 weeks.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cummings and Holt were poor but otherwise solid performance
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    I thought Holt was outstanding and we could have had more but job done.
    Just posted this in a previous thread. Opinions, eh

Was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    My MOTM today. Superb and has been for the most part for the last 5 or 6 weeks.
    Not quibbling but I found him a bit frustrating. No lack of effort and maybe with a bit of luck he could have had at least one goal and a couple of assists

Love the guy!

Showed his class once again today. He makes some really good runs -works non stop and I feel is a leader on the pitch.

He deserves more goals as he is involved in a lot.

Considering he got taken out in first few minutes he did well to carry on and play well.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Just posted this in a previous thread. Opinions, eh
    I thought he was poor. Basically lived up to Blackpool Hibs summary today- spent too much time miles from the box or moaning at officials. At one point in the second half Stevenson was clearly shouting at him to get himself in the box.

Some nice touches first half over by the West but very little came off for him or Cummings second half.

Wasn't sure about Holt at the beginning, but for or a 35 yr old, astonishing appetite and application. Many players would have gone into their shell after that thump he got in 1st min.

A proper footballer who's a great example to others.

I thought he was poor. Basically lived up to Blackpool Hibs summary today- spent too much time miles from the box or moaning at officials. At one point in the second half Stevenson was clearly shouting at him to get himself in the box.

Some nice touches first half over by the West but very little came off for him or Cummings second half.
    He was the best player in the 1st half and involved in a lot 2nd half.

He's an important part of the team. He does sometimes drop deep but if you watch his movement it's very intelligent and often opens up space for others.

Cummings and Holt are our best 2 up front when playing well.

Though I think Keatings will score more than Holt this season.

Holt was outstanding. They need to stop drunk people in hospitality giving out the MOTM awards!

First Team Breakthrough
    Holt is not for me... offered nothing today..... we need another goal scorer.. also didn't think Cummings was too interested today ... ambrose looks class though, much better than most today

He's an important part of the team. He does sometimes drop deep but if you watch his movement it's very intelligent and often opens up space for others.

Keatings would be our top goal scorer if he played every game.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Holt was outstanding. They need to stop drunk people in hospitality giving out the MOTM awards!
    Ha! Laughed at that.

Some of the man of the match awards have been a joke this season. Basically who the sponsor fancies.

I think this debate has been had several times already on Holt but just as a reminder.....

People who might not rate Holt or criticise him on occasion do actually watch his movement. They aren't missing some game intelligence than only Holt fans can see.

FWIW I like the big fella and would start him every game but he did not impress me today. Was far too wasteful in possession.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I thought Holt was really good today.

He will not score 20 goals a season but this guy is a nuisance, tries 100% and can actually play. My only criticism would be that he doesn't test keepers enough by putting his laces through a ball. He tries to link play and set others up more often than being selfish. Which I guess is fair enough.

I will say that he has really grown on me the last few weeks, for a 35 year old, he really does put himself about. Good on the guy and after that goal against THEM, he deserves respect.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Holt is not for me... offered nothing today.....
    Were you facing the right way?

I think this debate has been had several times already on Holt but just as a reminder.....

People who might not rate Holt or criticise him on occasion do actually watch his movement. They aren't missing some game intelligence than only Holt fans can see.

FWIW I like the big fella and would start him every game but he did not impress me today. Was far too wasteful in possession.
    The funny thing is I have watched a lot of games this season and a few I thought he wasn't at it.

But today I really enjoyed watching his link up play and looked like a real experienced pro.

The goal return is the only thing we can criticise him over but I felt he was unfortunate not to score today.

He's a great professional and glad he's in our team and we aren't up against him.

Holt is not for me... offered nothing today..... we need another goal scorer.. also didn't think Cummings was too interested today ... ambrose looks class though, much better than most today
    Eh, this is a joke right?

Holt was brilliant today, my MOTM too.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He was great today, unlucky not to score

Were you in hospitality today???

Outstanding today. I was quite critical of Holt to begin with but recently he's been excellent. Him or McGinn would have been my choice for MOTM. Take nothing away from Shinnie though, good shift from him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    He was great today, unlucky not to score
    Wish he had scored with that header. I have a right Grant Holt crush 😍

We must have been watching different games then.

Unlucky with his header. And brilliant link up/ give and go with Keatings around the box. We really should have scored 4+ today.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    We must have been watching different games then.
    That's my thoughts and am sure I am allowed to differ from you... I just think he has offered very little since he came here.. I kinda thought he was a striker... but obviously not with the amount of goals he doesn't score...

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Were you facing the right way?
    He was looking at the sky.

That's my thoughts and am sure I am allowed to differ from you... I just think he has offered very little since he came here.. I kinda thought he was a striker... but obviously not with the amount of goals he doesn't score...
    Strikers these days do more than just score goals. You can't be lazy striker and need to link play up.

Holts time at Hibs has been a success and he's played well recently. Chances are he will be here till the end of the season and may retire.

Not sure what other options we have..Keatings was injured for a while rememeber also.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Wasn't sure about Holt at the beginning, but for or a 35 yr old, astonishing appetite and application. Many players would have gone into their shell after that thump he got in 1st min.

A proper footballer who's a great example to others.
    Totally agree. Just wish he could knock a few goals in too.

Starts against Hearts we win 3-1
    Doesn't start against St Mirren we look terrible.
    Starts again today and we win 3-1 and look good.

There's a lot more to football than goals and Holts hold up play, the flick ons he wins or just being a nuisance with the defender and dummying the ball set us up many attacks today. He also had a header cleared off the line.

I love him. The most unselfish player on the pitch. He was superb today from start to finish.