hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar

Famous five stand moaning.

I'm a home and away fan. Even endured the debacle at paisley the other night. I for some strange reason decided to take my son in the FF upper instead of our normal east as I had my brother and his daughter with us and it was the only place at the time I could get seats together.

My brother is a footy fan but with no real alliegancies to any team. He mention even at two up how angry and nasty a lot of fans around us got towards the team. He said they can't do anything right for doing wrong. I wasn't really paying attention as I was concentrating on the game but started to listen and he was right. Some of the utter crap, sometimes vile comments and shouts from the fans around us to our own players was disgraceful.

Now I as anyone are entitled to opinions and I know frustration can get the better of some. You pay your money, your entitled to shout what you want. But today, after 40 years of solid, unwavering support from me, I found it disgraceful and ended up telling people around me to shut there mouths. I shouldn't have bothered as it was a waste of my breathe, much like this thread will probably turn into.

Hibs are my football team. I support my football team. I get frustrated by them and quite often will say or shout in frustration. But some of these so called SUPPORTERS did absolutely no supporting today and we're on players backs from the word go. Maybe I'm just getting too old. If that's what's classed as good support especially when winning then I don't know why you bother. Thankfully there's thousands more terrific hibs supporters.

Ggtth
    Last edited by ArmadaleHibs; 04-03-2017 at 04:52 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I've lost the plot a few times with Hibs fans who only seem to be interested in slating players based on a loose understanding of the game.

As a FF upper resident I kind of agree, some right clowns around me.

It's not just the FF. I sit near the halfway line in the East, some of the stuff people come out with is incredible. One guy today shouting at Cummings "***** off ya wee dick", after a bad pass. Older guys in particular seem to have issues with Cummings in my experience.

More generally though any bad pass or even a good pass which goes back the way from anyone is often met with derision.

I've heard from other neutral fans they also think the anger and moaning of our fans is generally worse than most other grounds

Thought the support today was positive and has been very good all season.

East stand seemed fine from where I was.

You get plenty of trumpets at games and occasionally the cup games bring out some fans who haven't been for a while : haven't got much patience.

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not just the FF. I sit near the halfway line in the East, some of the stuff people come out with is incredible. One guy today shouting at Cummings "***** off ya wee dick", after a bad pass. Older guys in particular seem to have issues with Cummings in my experience.

More generally though any bad pass or even a good pass which goes back the way from anyone is often met with derision.

I've heard from other neutral fans they also think the anger and moaning of our fans is generally worse than most other grounds
    I have to agree with you totally. It's not just the FF, but I noticed today it was pretty disgusting. Good passes back to go forward we're criticised as well as players berated for the least mistake. It's ridiculous

It's a statistical fact that most of the dick sin our support are located in the FF Upper. Purging them in true Chinese Communist Party style is the answer. An ideal place for the singing section, surely?

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    Should be in west upper old guy behind me slates the player from first whistle to last , the guy should be in the away end..talks utter sht , win lose or draw we are just not good enough according to him...been told a few times

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    I reckon you'd be hard put to find an oasis from such insidious crap anywhere in ER (well, not the Dunbar end of course).

Seems like spouting negative bile in an agressive manner is how some 'fans' try to make themselves sound knowledgeable.

Not so much 'knowledgeable fans' in my book - more like 'donkeys'.

The Shinnie haters behind nearly took a stroke when he was named motm. Ok, he wasn't motm imo today but he is still a Hibs player. Give him support ffs.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I sit in the FF upper and have to say I have never noticed any ott moaning other than the odd disgruntled punter which you get in every football ground in the world.

Opinions eh.

Section 24 by the way. Maybe other sections are full of serial moaners mind

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    The Shinnie haters behind nearly took a stroke when he was named motm. Ok, he wasn't motm imo today but he is still a Hibs player. Give him support ffs.
    I don't hate him but I did have a wtf moment when it was announced

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    Shinnie is a confidence player, anyone that shouts negative pish against any of our own players is a bellend and is only helping the away team

To be fair, the majority of the support were laughing or shaking their heads in disbelief at the announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I don't hate him but I did have a wtf moment when it was announced
    Shinnie's inch perfect pass to Boyle to win the penalty was brilliant

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    It's been like this for years - from long before the FF Stand was a gleam in STF's beady eye.

Some teams, the support's worth a goal of a start to them.

At ER, the team have to score before a lot of the 'supporters' condescend to stop abusing them. I canmake for a very unpleasant afternoon out, actually.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    To be fair, the majority of the support were laughing or shaking their heads in disbelief at the announcement!
    Not in the west lower they weren't. Most agreed either Shinnie or Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    All opinions eh. John McGinn for me today.

Def mcginn for me. He was like a terrier

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Yes. If you're not getting any romantic action or banging some old munter, of course you're going to resent a young goalscorer who can go into any bar in George Street and have the young lovelies fawning over him. But at least have the dignity to try and hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Def mcginn for me. He was like a terrier
    Agree. Got to enjoy this guy while we can. Total class.

First Team Breakthrough
    Yeah, he was good too. A few were much better today. Onwards and upwards.

Why do they do that? Why not give the player an encouraging cheer?You must have very good eyesight if you were able to survey the crowd,or is that unfair of me?

When I was a kid it was Eddie Turnbull they abused.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    Ambrose was nowhere near MOTM!

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    Should be in west upper old guy behind me slates the player from first whistle to last , the guy should be in the away end..talks utter sht , win lose or draw we are just not good enough according to him...been told a few times

It's depressing when you're stuck by those sorts. I've sat all over the stadium this season and the West has by far been the worst for that type of negativity. The Shinnie and Holt haters are mind numbing at times.

[QUOTE=ancient hibee;4966687]Why do they do that? Why not give the player an encouraging cheer?You must have very good eyesight if you were able to survey the crowd,or is that unfair of me?

When I was a kid it was Eddie Turnbull they a

I had ma specs oan.
    No to be fair, I meant the majority around where I sit in the east. I think some did give an encouraging cheer but most near me were a bit taken aback. It wasn't abusive, more amused.

No offense was expressed to Shinnie.

Folk must have been brave to abuse Ned Turnbull!

No way Shinnie was MotM today. A most frustrating, inconsistent player. At times shows brilliance but equals that fourfold with being slow, negative and losing the ball too easily. 5 or 6 touches on the ball when a simpler option is often available that he either doesn't see or thinks he's good enough to develop into something else. He's a trier, I'll give him that. But his mistakes at times are what he needs to shake off.

Because of this, I admit to having a moan at him or putting my head in my hands at times. Equally though, I know something better from him is just round the corner in a game. It's the good things 'stats' he needs to improve on and we'll all be happy.

[QUOTE=Ilovehibs;4966705]
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Why do they do that? Why not give the player an encouraging cheer?You must have very good eyesight if you were able to survey the crowd,or is that unfair of me?

When I was a kid it was Eddie Turnbull they a

I had ma specs oan.
    No to be fair, I meant the majority around where I sit in the east. I think some did give an encouraging cheer but most near me were a bit taken aback. It wasn't abusive, more amused.

No offense was expressed to Shinnie.

Folk must have been brave to abuse Ned Turnbull!
    Obviously not to his face

But it did mean that later on he basically didn't' have much time for fans because he thought they knew nothing about football!

Has Cummings ever had man of the match?