hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup!!!

Are we going to let the recent league form dampen our enthusiasm for Saturday. No way whatsoever. Let's dump the gloom and doom for now and roar the boys on to victory. Lets show some real support from the off. Fantastic chance to get another Hampden visit. i fully appreciate the recent league form has not been what is should be but this is a different day. We've always been different class supporting the team on cup day and fully expect it to remain so.

We are Hibs Hibs wooooaaaa Hibs Hibs.............

Bring it on.

glory glory

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Exactly! I've been reading some funny things from Hibs fans recently. There's a some consensus by some that it's actually in our interest to LOSE tomorrow's game and sacrifice a trip to Hampden, as it'll strengthen our chances of winning the league......what absolute crap!!

Lose tomorrow and confidence will be even lower going to Dundee United next week! Who are we to think, Scottish Cup? Ah, been there done that now, not bothered.

Of course the MAIN priority is the league, it 100% is. But I'd rather start winning games again PRONTO and our next one up is tomorrow!

Winning breeds confidence. Anyone who isn't bothered if Hibs lose this particular game tomorrow needs to give themselves a shake!

Left by mutual consent!
    Well it can't possibly be any worse than Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it can't possibly be any worse than Wednesday
    That didn't take long

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    FAO anyone wanting to get beat on Saturday so we can concentrate on promotion. A win on Sunday will give us ONE extra game, maximum, that we will have to play during our league campaign. The final is way after we finish. A win on Saturday would be huge and would be a great achievement to get back to the semi finals as holders. It would also give us a massive financial boost as you'd be sharing the cut (presumably) from two sell out games in the semi finals and whatever else goes along with it. This is our trophy, we tried for 114 years to win it with no luck. 21st May was the best day of my life lifting that cup and we're not giving it up without one hell of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Exactly! I've been reading some funny things from Hibs fans recently. There's a some consensus by some that it's actually in our interest to LOSE tomorrow's game and sacrifice a trip to Hampden, as it'll strengthen our chances of winning the league......what absolute crap!!

Lose tomorrow and confidence will be even lower going to Dundee United next week! Who are we to think, Scottish Cup? Ah, been there done that now, not bothered.

Of course the MAIN priority is the league, it 100% is. But I'd rather start winning games again PRONTO and our next one up is tomorrow!

Winning breeds confidence. Anyone who isn't bothered if Hibs lose this particular game tomorrow needs to give themselves a shake!
    I have two points in regards to this.

1. As you say, lose tomorrow and it will be a disaster, a hopeless run without a win, which as you say will destroy confidence.
    2. The semi finals are not until the end of April this year. At this point we only have 3 league games left, therefore reaching the Semi Final should have no impact on the number of games we are playing as the season is basically finished at this point.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes

I don't want to lose but I can see us going through and then the "distraction" excuse getting trotted out again.

This game is a chance for us to find form again with nothing to fear, if we go out trying to win the game and play well then so be it, no need to be afraid of this cup ever again, go out play well and find some form get back to winning ways.

I haven't seen us beat Ayr this season yet so let's hope it happens this weekend.

Blog Entries
    I'm not in the camp wishing us to lose on Saturday, but I wouldn't see a defeat as the end of the world. However, I think it's a reasonable suggestion to make that the recent run of bad results could be because the players are playing with one eye on the league and one on the Cup. Maybe the one on the cup is working overtime.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    FAO anyone wanting to get beat on Saturday so we can concentrate on promotion. A win on Sunday will give us ONE extra game, maximum, that we will have to play during our league campaign. The final is way after we finish. A win on Saturday would be huge and would be a great achievement to get back to the semi finals as holders. It would also give us a massive financial boost as you'd be sharing the cut (presumably) from two sell out games in the semi finals and whatever else goes along with it. This is our trophy, we tried for 114 years to win it with no luck. 21st May was the best day of my life lifting that cup and we're not giving it up without one hell of a fight.
    Win tomorrow and we'll be in our 5th Scottish cup Semi in 6 seasons, and it will be our 9th trip to hampden in 6 seasons. As you say, another trip to hampden in a televised semi will give us a good financial boost, and will take us nicely into the Dundee Utd game.

I hope the 16,500 who where at the hearts game have bought tickets for the Ayr United game. YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU.

Here we go, 2 in a row.

Let's get back to Hampden, get a win again and then kick on for the rest of the season.

We need a good win to boost morale and restore confidence.

Surely we owe Ayr a going over at Easter Road after the previous league visits?

Get at them right from the start and make it an easy afternoon for our two new central defenders, if they play together.

The only team whose league campaign will be boosted by us being knocked out the cup tomorrow is Dundee United. They'll be rubbing their hands together at the thought of playing a team losing two on the trot and struggling for a win in the league.

Let's turn Ayr over with a proper performance and a decent win, and let the league know we're ready for the final push to get us back where we belong.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Cup games are always special, but the league is far more important, particularly this season. Cup run is a bonus.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Hope we win tomorrow but league wins are more important as I'm sick to death of this league

Cup and league form are two different things. We beat Hearts in the former and lose to St Mirren in the latter. Tomorrow will take care of itself and if we convert our chances we will win.

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Hope we win tomorrow but league wins are more important as I'm sick to death of this league
    Exactly my thoughts. We should be at least 12+ points clear by now but it hasn't worked out the way we all would have liked.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Exactly. Some mental stuff on here the past few days. Semi final is 6 weeks away ffs. Hardly a distraction after tomorrow. If we are to somehow end up in this league again next season then a share of two potential semi final sell outs at Hampden could be crucial.
    Not sure in what universe losing at home to ****ing Ayr United could ever be a positive in any way. Confidence would be shot to shreds and the media would have a field day with the players in the build up to Tannadice.

Agree. We need a lift going into a huge game at Utd and what better lift than getting ourselves to yet another SC semi at hampden. 100% the league comes before anything this season, not winning the league is simply not an option but as you say, we just need to get back to winning ways ASAP.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Great post👍definitely want the win against Ayr, we part time supporters/fair weather fans/glory hunters have come to expect our annual hampden trips and the bun fight for tickets for the final😉

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    The only team whose league campaign will be boosted by us being knocked out the cup tomorrow is Dundee United. They'll be rubbing their hands together at the thought of playing a team losing two on the trot and struggling for a win in the league.

Let's turn Ayr over with a proper performance and a decent win, and let the league know we're ready for the final push to get us back where we belong.
    Totally agree with you👍

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I fancy us to scrape through by a goal then go on to beat Celtic 8-0 in the semi-final.

First Team Breakthrough
    Here we go two in a row

Must win tomorrow

Best team available should be played, we have 6 days until the next game.

Also it Ayr United not Real Madrid we are playing... if we dont beat them tomorrow that will be three visits this season they would be unbeaten at ER.

Must win 3-0 Hibs

🏆🏆

A win tomorrow is an absolute requirement .......... In the grand scheme of things the league is much, much more important .... but given that the club cant lose sight of other goals, with the likely semi final line up there is a pile of cash to be made from getting there and its something Hibs cant ignore. Making the final wouldn't half make us some money as well, not to mention the chance to retain the trophy, even if that was against Celtic.

All that being said ...... I would take a 10 - 0 drubbing from Ayr Utd tomorrow if the payback for it was guaranteed promotion

Regan and Doncaster will be praying we are beaten tomorrow. Those brats from leith wont be welcome in glasgows home of football.

I hope no player ever looks at winning a game as causing distraction.Winning a game is the only objective in playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Regan and Doncaster will be praying we are beaten tomorrow. Those brats from leith wont be welcome in glasgows home of football.
    I think they will want us in the semi final as they know we will bring a good crowd to Hampden and looks better on TV etc.

Anyway must win tomorrow - then I will be relaxed about the semi finals. Though draw Rangers and that would be interesting...

Ayr will be very tricky...they have injuries too but we have struggled against them and caused us issues.

A win would get the fans back in a better mood, give players confidence before Utd away and really importantly bring in a decent income from TV, Gate money ad prize money from the semi final!!

Don't forget a Scottish Cup party will be bigger than a Championship League party...
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 03-03-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Last year after the play off defeat there were lots of people who were that gutted they didn't care less about the final.

Fast forward to now and what game do you remember?

The cup buzz is coming back and we're a game away from a semi!!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    That didn't take long
    But Does he clean up due to being a skoosher or a wetter?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I hope no player ever looks at winning a game as causing distraction.Winning a game is the only objective in playing.