hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

After beating Hearts in the cup LAST year...

...we went on to take just five points out of 24 from our next eight games. A repeat of that this year and we're play-off bound again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Got to get promoted this season; simple as. Another year in the Championship would destroy the good work and improved attendances. Time for cool heads and strong character.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Maybe it's "here we go, three in a row". Three failed attempts to get out of this league.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to get promoted this season; simple as. Another year in the Championship would destroy the good work and improved attendances. Time for cool heads and strong character.
    I would go as far as saying that if we don't get promotion this season, we will be in the Championship indefinitely. Lennon will go or be sacked, any decent players will be off. Dempster will possibly go or be sacked. It will take years to get back to a stage where promotion is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Maybe it's "here we go, three in a row". Three failed attempts to get out of this league.
    And yet your user name promised so much optimism :P

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    And yet your user name promised so much optimism :P
    45 years a Hibs fan!!!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I would go as far as saying that if we don't get promotion this season, we will be in the Championship indefinitely. Lennon will go or be sacked, any decent players will be off. Dempster will possibly go or be sacked. It will take years to get back to a stage where promotion is a possibility.
    Reaches for the whiskey bottle......

It's a massive season, no question, and the consequences for failing to gain promotion could indeed be severe.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I once jokingly suggest changing my user name to theonlywayisupbutonlyafteradetourtothechampionship .

That was before we got relegated.

Very concerning tonight!

I back Lennon 100% to turn this around though! Dundee United are worse than us, and when we giving them a doing at their place next week, hopefully that'll give the boys focus to pull away.

Beating Ayr at the weekend would be nice, but if we lose, but then win at Tannadice canna say i'll be too bothered!

If the united game is on tv and the press are about all week cue a hibs win.

Dont bother about games like tonight though boys, paisleys no nice on a cold wednesday.

Left by mutual consent!
    I remember being at the Alloa game we lost 1-0, an abysmal display that basically gave sevco the title. Seems we still can't build or carry momentum, mostly the same players so that's two managers who can't get them up for these crappy grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Reaches for the whiskey bottle......

It's a massive season, no question, and the consequences for failing to gain promotion could indeed be severe.

Spot on.

The saving grace is that although we conspire to shoot ourselves in the foot regularly D Utd regularly fail to capitalise.