hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

The team did well today

I'll probably get a bit of stick for this but I actually think the team deserve a lot of credit for digging out a result today.

Dunfermline were full of energy, very pacey and much more attacking than any other team has been at Easter Road this season. The heroics of Wednesday night obviously took their toll on the players, we looked leggy and tired for much of the game.

I thought the players' attitudes were great, they dug in and fought, and although we conceded, we held on to get a point and I actually think we finished stronger as Dunfermline tired and Bartley started to influence the midfield.

We were up against it today. Losing Fonts was massive with no recognised centre half on the bench I thought Crane did really well stepping in.

We didn't play well for much of the game but the team have everything, today was a point won through character and determination, and as disappointing as it undoubtedly is to lose a two goal lead, that point could easily have been a defeat if the players didn't pull themselves through.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll probably get a bit of stick for this but I actually think the team deserve a lot of credit for digging out a result today.

Dunfermline were full of energy, very pacey and much more attacking than any other team has been at Easter Road this season. The heroics of Wednesday night obviously took their toll on the players, we looked leggy and tired for much of the game.

I thought the players' attitudes were great, they dug in and fought, and although we conceded, we held on to get a point and I actually think we finished stronger as Dunfermline tired and Bartley started to influence the midfield.

We were up against it today. Losing Fonts was massive with no recognised centre half on the bench I thought Crane did really well stepping in.

We didn't play well for much of the game but the team have everything, today was a point won through character and determination, and as disappointing as it undoubtedly is to lose a two goal lead, that point could easily have been a defeat if the players didn't pull themselves through.
    No stick from me, Matty I agree with every word
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

No stick from me Matty. It's a well earned point at the end of the day. There is absolutely no chance the teams of the last ten years or so would have ground that result out.
    Last edited by greenlex; 25-02-2017 at 11:02 PM.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Ah'm lost for words....I think we were lucky to get a point after a confusing second half performance,at home, against a team towards the foot of the second tier of Scottish football...

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I've said similar eksewhere.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Ah'm lost for words....I think we were lucky to get a point after a confusing second half performance,at home, against a team towards the foot of the second tier of Scottish football...
    It appears that it's only us 2 in a parallel universe NCH....
    We, Hibs, us - fluked a lucky draw at home against a team from the nether regions of the second tier league in a third rate football country despite the fact that we had a two goal start!
    And yet some people see this as a cause for celebration??

3 years in this wilderness league is enough for me, ta.

Testimonial Due

Admire the sentiments but in reality it was only Rocky's heroics and some bad luck for Dunfermline in front of goal that prevented us from being on the wrong end of an embarrassing reverse; there were at least five occasions in the second half when it seemed inevitable they would score the winner. Although we steadied the ship a bit when Bartley went into midfield, we never really looked like scoring again after it went to 2-1.

Although there are mitigating factors (Fonts' injury, Beaton's performance, the rigours of Wednesday night), I don't think it can really be said that this was in any way a laudable, praiseworthy or professional performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Admire the sentiments but in reality it was only Rocky's heroics and some bad luck for Dunfermline in front of goal that prevented us from being on the wrong end of an embarrassing reverse; there were at least five occasions in the second half when it seemed inevitable they would score the winner. Although we steadied the ship a bit when Bartley went into midfield, we never really looked like scoring again after it went to 2-1.

Although there are mitigating factors (Fonts' injury, Beaton's performance, the rigours of Wednesday night), I don't think it can really be said that this was in any way a laudable, praiseworthy or professional performance.
    Agreed. And frankly I think the thread title from the OP is embarrassing.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    ehf..One hunner per cent..Cannae see how that second half performance can be regarded as anything but shocking...

Left by mutual consent!
    Wouldn't call it a grinded out point. If we had been 2 goals down and had fought our way back in to it, then fair enough. Surrendering a 2 goal lead against Dunfermline at home isn't grinding out a point, it is throwing 2 points away. We should have been in complete control at 2-0 up. But as a result of a glaring defensive error, Dunfermline got their way back in to it at 2-1. Hibs really needed to show their metal at this point and failed to do so.

It was a very disappointing display overall and the sooner we move on from it the better.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Funny how when the striker has a good game, the team is brilliant, but when the keeper does, we're pish.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 25-02-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

No argument from me, matty. That seems a fair assessment of the match I saw.

@hibs.net private member

I like the sentiment but can't agree that the team dug in. On another day and without a fantastic performance from our Keeper that could have been a hiding from a newly promoted team towards the the foot of the table. I think the only reason they looked pacey was because we were so slow and their energy was so pronounced because of the lack of ours. They had to attack at 2-0 and got lucky with a shocking mistake from our captain and then an injury to the one position where we have no first team cover. We did though have a development centre half on the bench and also Crane who has played there a few times. Lennon chose to put experience in which I can understand but didn't agree with and left it too late to rectify his error. For me the attitude of the players wasn't too great. I never saw the dig and fight you did for large portions of the game. I thought we got lucky with the point but I also thought much of the problems came from the emotional and physical draining felt from Wednesday. If we play the same against St Mirren I will start to get worried.

7 points clear and In the 1/4s at home to Ayr. Would have taken that if offered at the turn of the year

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Funny how when the striker has a good gane, the team is brilliant, but when the keeper does, we're pish.
    Because when strikers have good games and the defence do their jobs properly, then that usually results in a win. You don't want the goalkeeper to be in a position where they need to be brilliant the whole game, because regardless of how good they are on the day, not every shot is savable.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Because when strikers have good games and the defence do their jobs properly, then that usually results in a win. You don't want the goalkeeper to be in a position where they need to be brilliant the whole game, because regardless of how good they are on the day, not every shot is savable.
    we should not have to rely on a world-class goalkeeping performance to salvage a point at home to Dunfermline in the second tier of Scottish football.

Felt much the same about the game today.

Definitely felt the players had left a lot on the pitch Wednesday night and Dunfermline did pretty much what we did to the yams - came at us with energy and wanted every single ball.

I think if that was played Sunday and we didn't lose Fontaine we'd have taken 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    No stick from me, Matty I agree with every word
    Ditto flat footed from the midweek heroics. Dunfermline was one of most attacking teams I've seen at E.R. this season,but another roaster of a ref!......losing count on the incompetents refs we've seen this season...but there you go,could It be another bitter official from the disaster in may 2016,and lets lts not kid ourselves they are still hurting!......rant over.

I agree to an extent, Matty. We were so off the pace today that at one stage I felt a 2-4 type horsing was on the cards. That we dug in for a point (largely thanks to Marciano) was admirable in the circumstances. However, we did capitulate at home to a side who are no great shakes, let us play, and ought to have been taken care off. We are severely underperforming in this division, especially at ER, playing in front of crowds we scarcely deserve on the evidence of the fare they've been served up, and we are running out of excuses for this.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    we should not have to rely on a world-class goalkeeping performance to salvage a point at home to Dunfermline in the second tier of Scottish football.
    Why not? Like it or not currently we play our football in the second tier of Scottish football and have done for a while now.The goal keeper is part of our team and he had a great game to get us a point. We haven't lost any ground and are a second tier team. All this pish about we should be doing this blah blah is unrealistic. Let's wait until we are a premier team before we belittle results against lower tier teams!

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Felt much the same about the game today.

Definitely felt the players had left a lot on the pitch Wednesday night and Dunfermline did pretty much what we did to the yams - came at us with energy and wanted every single ball.

I think if that was played Sunday and we didn't lose Fontaine we'd have taken 3 points.
    The thing is I think you could take away the bit about Sunday, if we didn't lose Fontaine I think we would've taken the 3 points.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Why not? Like it or not currently we play our football in the second tier of Scottish football and have done for a while now.The goal keeper is part of our team and he had a great game to get us a point. We haven't lost any ground and are a second tier team. All this pish about we should be doing this blah blah is unrealistic. Let's wait until we are a premier team before we belittle results against lower tier teams!
    Well if beating teams like Dunfermline at home is considered "unrealistic", then we could have a considerably longer wait becoming a premiership team. We may be in the championship right now, but we have a top 6 premiership team fanbase and the level of investment in our squad that would be expected for a top 6 premiership club. We really should be putting teams like Dunfermline to bed.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Beating Dunfermline at Easter Road unrealistic? Pish and blah blah indeed!

Testimonial Due
    I've just watched the second half again and the Pars keeper made as many save as Rocky did - apart from the first ten minutes or so when we were reeling (due to a makeshift defence because of Fontaine's injury), but after that we really didn't look like we were going to concede and created enough chances to win the game.

You can watch it in full online on the BBC website if you don't have Hibs TV. I suspect it is the lack of an interview from Hibs at the end of Alba's coverage that has meant the 'Pars were robbed' to gain traction. The BBC stats showed we had more chances than Dunfermline and more shots on target.

Some people are desperate to get attention by being ever more ridiculous.

To be fair his user name is liberal.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Some people are desperate to get attention by being ever more ridiculous.
    Hmmm - naked man on crack...

Disappointed tae see yous drew, 7 points clear still right? better ****ing win that league get yerselves back in the big time!!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    We ****ed it again. Lennon doesn't know how to get the job done. Management of an idiot.