hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Martin O'Neill

Martin O'Neill

"Rangers are not strong at all.”

"In fact, it is possibly the poorest side I've ever known at Ibrox.

"For Celtic to stay strong and be strong in Europe, they need opposition there and they need it to come from Rangers."

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Or they could have opposition from a stronger Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts (if they get their **** together).

Rangers' perpetual struggle right now is fantastic and long may it continue.

i think he will be waiting a while for a strong rangers

"Rangers are not strong at all.” - I agree 100%

"In fact, it is possibly the poorest side I've ever known at Ibrox" - They have a few decent players (Miller is still a very good goalscorer, I rate Barrie McKay) but I see where he's coming from. The likes of Hill, Waghorn, Kiernan are pretty poor. Off the field, a shambles. In fact, in my lifetime I'd probably say it's the buggest gulf between the Old Firm in terms of quality of players I can remember.

For Celtic to stay strong and be strong in Europe, they need opposition there and they need it to come from Rangers." - I agree to an extent. Fingers crossed we'll be up next season. That's Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen all back in the same league and for Scottish football that is very important. More televised games and more coverage. Even if Dundee United come up through the play-offs, it means the Dundee derby is back which is only a good thing. Just imo of course.

Left by mutual consent!
    Celtic have always needed them and they have always needed Celtic. The thought of any club getting the better of either of them is considered a disaster to the game for the other.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It's celtc. And what is the point of an erse with one cheek?

He's supposedly a bright guy so I guess that's his subliminal message. Either that or he's putting himself up as the new breadman

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    It's stating the obvious that teams need competition to get better. But it really doesn't matter where it comes from.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member
    Celtic would face better competition if they didn't Hoover up good young Scottish talent from other clubs and then not even play them

You know what's wrong, him along with many Celtic fans need The Rangers because the fan base when they weren't in the Prem dropped big time.

They are **** scared it will happen again. If The Rangers go bust Celtic will be in a league without bile from any other team and as much as they love to pretend they hate them the love the bile that comes with derbies.

Scottish football needs a stronger league. A league where 3 or 4 can realistically take points off the best (celtic)

We also need a bigger league which would allow that to happen but the old firm puppets will never mention anything about that because it means a closer title race. Imagine playing them both once in a season at 3pm om a Saturday? We'd sell over 18k for that. Let them put the games in Glasgow on tv.

Also believe the reserve structure needs a revamp. Potentially even a quota om home grown players in the first team. Scottish fitbaw is ****ed and has been for at least the last 10 years and needs a complete overhaul (from the government imo) to get back to a respectable position

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

"For Celtic to stay strong and be strong in Europe, they need opposition there and they need it to come from Rangers."

Thoughts?
    Just another one-eyed punter who goes to the races and sees only two horses.

Aberdeen had thier chance to fill the void and they have fallen short
    So i kind of get whete Oniel is coming from

The biggest obstacle to a challenge to Celtic (aside from finance) is the size of the league.

Playing each other 4 times allows Celtic to in theory take 12 points of, as an example, Aberdeen so even if they lose a game elsewhere there is still a cushion. In a larger league with only 2 fixtures against each other all season that cushion is reduced. I'd argue that whilst Celtic would still win the league the gap would be reduced for a longer period throughout the season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post

Thoughts?
    Think it's just obvious that with their earning power they should be a team that can get some way towards Celtic. Reality is they seem to have found a way to waste the cash coming in but nevertheless a real challenge isn't going to come from anywhere else.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    FFS what next, bears **** in the woods and Judith Chalmers has a passport?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    FFS what next, bears **** in the woods and Judith Chalmers has a passport?
    You might be onto something. Football advice from Judith chalmers is the way forward. It's working down gorgie way.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They don't need a 'strong' Rangers they just need a Rangers so they can profit from the sectarian shilling as they have done for their entire existence. As have Rangers.

A weak, whipping boy Rangers suits them just fine.