hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

SOL, post match analysis, Lennon, Cathro & Holt interviews, gutted Biscuits etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04tr43t

A most enjoyable listen to the post match broadcast on BBC Sportsound. Alan Preston is a bit of a pantomime villain on here, but I thought he was pretty pragmatic amid his obvious hurt. Good interviews from Holt and Lennon too. Good times.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Much laughter when Preston said "we can't beat them" meaning derby matches for drama and excitement -then realised what he'd said!

Testimonial Due
    Cathro's interview is bizarre. His continual use of the word 'we' to deflect the responsibility from himself is amusing. His point blank refusal to accept that he got it wrong tactically was also telling. It will be interesting to see how the Cathro experiment goes for Hearts but the early signs are that it will be a disaster. Pleasing.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cathro's interview is bizarre. His continual use of the word 'we' to deflect the responsibility from himself is amusing. His point blank refusal to accept that he got it wrong tactically was also telling. It will be interesting to see how the Cathro experiment goes for Hearts but the early signs are that it will be a disaster. Pleasing.
    He's so stubborn that he will only be a failure. He thinks he has it all worked out and is sticking to his ideology through thick and thin. They'll get worked out and any half decent side will beat them at a canter. A bit like what happens with Arsenal when they come up against decent sides.

Blog Entries
    On 5 live last night they were discussing Cathro & Phil Neville was strongly defending him. He was actually getting quite animated pointing out his coaching experience etc & TBF I mostly agreed with him. However he then ruined it by saying, so, I don't see why Ian Cathro shouldn't get the chance to manage a Scottish Premiership club like Hearts of em em MidAlbion!! Classic! That's how f****** famous they are!!

That was thoroughly enjoyable. I don't normally listen to podcasts but I'm now converted.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    On 5 live last night they were discussing Cathro & Phil Neville was strongly defending him. He was actually getting quite animated pointing out his coaching experience etc & TBF I mostly agreed with him. However he then ruined it by saying, so, I don't see why Ian Cathro shouldn't get the chance to manage a Scottish Premiership club like Hearts of em em MidAlbion!! Classic! That's how f****** famous they are!!
    Heart of Midtable. Mediocrity should be their new motto going forward.

Holt's interview was spot on. Was very impressed

Cathro on the other hand...

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    That's an excellent listen. Great interviews by Lennon and Holt, and some very good positive comments from the panel about us which is unusual. Even Laptop boys interview made sense for once.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Much laughter when Preston said "we can't beat them" meaning derby matches for drama and excitement -then realised what he'd said!
    Aye, burst out laughing on the way home when he said that. Was a belter.

Blog Entries
    A good listen. I thought Craig Paterson was way off the mark when he said Hearts came off second best .................. they weren't as good as that.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    At 21.15, does Richard Gordon really say "Hibs play Dunfermline on Saturday. It's a FUNNY fifteen kick off"?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04tr43t

A most enjoyable listen to the post match broadcast on BBC Sportsound. Alan Preston is a bit of a pantomime villain on here, but I thought he was pretty pragmatic amid his obvious hurt. Good interviews from Holt and Lennon too. Good times.
    listened to the whole of it. excellent and agree about the view of Preston.he did emphasise the pressure is now on Cathro . cant see him lasting the season to be honest

Really enjoyed listening to that from the very start with Richard Gordon full of praise for Hibs and even Preston conceding we were by far the better side.

did not see it, but those comments are very very funny. how come he cant even pronounce the famous ones' name

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    Really enjoyed listening to that from the very start with Richard Gordon full of praise for Hibs and even Preston conceding we were by far the better side.
    Let's face it, they had nowhere to hide and would have had no programme if they tried to look for other things to say.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    The small part I've listened to so far, Gordon seemed to be praising us through clenched teeth and everything he said seemed to have an underlying tone of negativity to it.
    Maybe it's just me but, for some unknown reason, I always get a sense that he loathes the Hibs.

Cathro was dreadfully dull, so dull you can't even really dislike him. And what is it with Preston and the 3 1/2 year contract to to Martin.I hope he is as bad as Preston thinks 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    The small part I've listened to so far, Gordon seemed to be praising us through clenched teeth and everything he said seemed to have an underlying tone of negativity to it.
    Maybe it's just me but, for some unknown reason, I always get a sense that he loathes the Hibs.
    It was just you - Richard Gordon is a quality presenter and is paid to try and see both sides. Last night he was very positive towards Hibs and I certainly got the impression that it was genuine.

Was Grant Brebner not his best man. If I'm right I'm sure he knows exactly what they are called and might be having a laugh at their expense

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    It was just you - Richard Gordon is a quality presenter and is paid to try and see both sides. Last night he was very positive towards Hibs and I certainly got the impression that it was genuine.
    I like RG most of the time. Sometimes his voice is dripping with sarcasm towards Yam Preston and their 'big club' mentality.

glory glory

He used 'we' because Harry Potter is taking the real decisions and Cathro is there to take the blame.

listening to the BBC podcast; Did we really spank them just because of 'effort' ?? Really??

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    listening to the BBC podcast; Did we really spank them just because of 'effort' ?? Really??
    Struck me as well. Next year let's spank them like that 4 times just to reinforce our message.
    Great interviews from Lennon and Holt. Hope both stay.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Listening live, Hob nob Biscuit heid was screaming "it's a red card, it's a red card" after the 'foul' by McGregor for their penalty. It was out of desperate hope but I thought someone had been sent off. You could hear the dejection in his voice after the commentator intervened reporting the ref had actually shown a yellow. The man is a clown and should be nowhere near a commentary box.
    Last edited by Baader; 23-02-2017 at 04:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    Got this sent to me earlier, not on pusbook so not sure if it'll work OK

https://m.facebook.com/gordon.mcleod...68622806626539

Hearts were out the dressing room 5mins early for start of second half because they were late in? Aye ok then Cathro.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 23-02-2017 at 05:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Hearts were out the dressing room 5mins early for start of second half because they were late in? Aye ok then Cathro.
    No, he was saying they seemed to be very early because "the other guys" were so late coming out. Couldn't bring himself to mention Hibs. Stopped short of calling us Lochenders though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    No, he was saying they seemed to be very early because "the other guys" were so late coming out. Couldn't bring himself to mention Hibs. Stopped short of calling us Lochenders though.

It's perfectly possible that he doesn't actually know our name.

His boss Levein probably refers to Hibs as "that load of crap from Leith" ...

And even Catheter knows he can't call us that after a dismantling job like last night's.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Cathro's interview is bizarre. His continual use of the word 'we' to deflect the responsibility from himself is amusing. His point blank refusal to accept that he got it wrong tactically was also telling.
    Can you give a list of all the managers who blame themselves when their team loses?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!