hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ref

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar

Ref

Steven McLean showed again why he is the best we have by a long way. In the first half on more than one occasion he stood with his foot on the ball to calm down a pitentail flashpoint. He was never the centre of attention but controlled the game. Thank goodness Collum was refing champions league last night

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just wish he could learn how to play advantage after a foul embarrassment to referees

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    I like him but he saved them from a 4 or 5 nil tonight. Clear foul on Bartley in the centre of the pitch in the lead up to their pen. Can't believe he played on.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wish he could learn how to play advantage after a foul embarrassment to referees
    One mistake for each team in 90 minutes. He held his hands up and apologised

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Decent game and was talking to the players all through the game. Thought a couple of the Hearts boys lucky to escape yellows for persistent fouls and Shinnie unlucky to pick up his. Two games in a row against them with a decent ref too. Very unusual.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Funny how we all see things, normally I think he's the best we have and pretty decent, today he fell for their nonsense and gave them more than us

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He was ok, could have booked a few more of their players but also could have booked Cummings for his celebration.

Gave us nowt tonight and missed two clear fouls on the way to their pen.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Thought he done well other than the fact that only Jamie Walker got booked for a tackle that was a yellow all day. The amount of their players that must have got away with 6 or 7 fouls without even a talking to was ridiculous. Between Goncalves, Djoum, the left back, The Greek Zidane (he's ****ing pony btw) they should all have been booked.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Wow opinions, I thought he was absolutely dreadful tonight-and I'm usually a fan.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Left his cards at home when it came to the yams, I thought there was a foul in the lead up took their penalty, and two bad decisions to not allow advantage. Other than that I thought he reffed the game well. He's the best referee we have in Scotland imho. Generally impressed with him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Wow opinions, I thought he was absolutely dreadful tonight-and I'm usually a fan.
    Agree. He's decent but was pretty poor tonight.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Funny how we all see things, normally I think he's the best we have and pretty decent, today he fell for their nonsense and gave them more than us
    Could not agree more!

Potential pen for McGinn in the first minute.

So much of their none sense.

How was walker never booked for diving? He should have been off with what have been his second yellow

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thought he was ok. Really lenient with them. Sowah & Goncalves were very lucky not to be carded at all.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    He was good tonight.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I thought he was crap. Don't know how Goncalves didn't get a booking, Wallace wasn't given a second red, Bartley wasn't given a foul for their goal and the 'penalty' was given for a foul outside the box and Mcgregor's goal wasn't give he was honking IMO. We won convincingly but no thanks to that clown.

Promising Youngster MickeyEdwards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Agree. He's decent but was pretty poor tonight.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We were denied a clear goal (again) and they had a penalty given for a foul outside the box. Not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Decent game and was talking to the players all through the game. Thought a couple of the Hearts boys lucky to escape yellows for persistent fouls and Shinnie unlucky to pick up his. Two games in a row against them with a decent ref too. Very unusual.
    Shinnie's yellow was as blatant as they come IMO

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Thought he did well. Too often in the past Hearts get away with Craig Leveins industrial style football, so was pleasantly suprised at his fairness.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I don't think he was too bad .... he seems to be a ref who generally doesn't rush to his pocket and I like that about him, he could easily have booked Stokes in the first two minutes of the Scottish cup final but didn't. He did screw up one or two advantages last night, but that included one that stopped a possible Hertz breakaway move in the 2nd half.

The one that really got me was the disallowed McGregor goal ...... I couldn't see at the game or in film of it later on how he was offside, I'm positive he came from behind the Yams defender to head the ball into the net from the free kick and the keeper was still on his line. Its a real shame, big Daz would have loved a goal against them. I wonder what the ref and more to the point the linesman saw that I couldn't.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I think he reffed it exactly the same way as Collum in the first game. Only booked the really bad fouls and was lenient against serial offenders, which, to be fair, included Holt. I used to go nuts that refs never booked folk in Old Firm derbies for tackles that players in any other game would be booked for, but I can understand their position, as derby games are generally much more physical and more likely to have meaty challenges. Regarding the disallowed goal, the assistant had his flag up as soon as the ball was played. so he had no choice but to give it.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    We were denied a clear goal (again) and they had a penalty given for a foul outside the box. Not the best.
    I checked that tackle umpteen times and I think it was made before the box. He actually launches the tackle when he is level with the half circle on the 18yrd line. I noticed Gray pointing that out to the ref. No matter, all well that ends well. GGTTH!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Was Darrens goal onside? Must say at the game was surprised it was given off though think Holts was touch and go offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Could not agree more!

Potential pen for McGinn in the first minute.

So much of their none sense.

How was walker never booked for diving? He should have been off with what have been his second yellow
    That was a pen all day long. I was in line with it in row A, hearts boy didn't touch the ball at all and thumped McGinn. Was raging when hearts got there's as was in line and it was definitely not a penalty. Daz got a touch on that. Doesn't matter, gave the Yams a consolation goal but didn't change the fact they were crap from start to finish.

Big team? Dream on 😂 GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The difference is that if the free kick is given rather than the penalty McGregor sees red.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Thought he wasn't too bad but the consistent fouling from a few of the hearts players without booking is something that really pissed me off i felt the same happened at tyncastle 3 weeks ago.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The difference is that if the free kick is given rather than the penalty McGregor sees red.
    Not necessarily the rules have changed and if the ref decides that the defender is going for the ball which Darren was then it is a yellow even if last man. If a more blatant foul such as tripping when the ball is nowhere near, or pulling back a shirt sort of thing it would have been a red.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not necessarily the rules have changed and if the ref decides that the defender is going for the ball which Darren was then it is a yellow even if last man. If a more blatant foul such as tripping when the ball is nowhere near, or pulling back a shirt sort of thing it would have been a red.
    I'm sure that's only if a penalty is given. If it's outside the box, it's a red.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    I'm sure that's only if a penalty is given. If it's outside the box, it's a red.
    Yeah thats what I thought the new rule was too.