hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Darren McGregor

Darren McGregor

Quality wee video be amazing if he scored the winner on Wednesday

2. Log in to remove the advert

We should get him on a new contract and make him club captain. He shows the leadership and aggression needed to drive the team on.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Merge 'em

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    David Gray doesn't deserve to lose the captaincy however we should definitely be signing Daz up on a new deal and building the defence around him and Hanlon.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Gray doesn't deserve to lose the captaincy however we should definitely be signing Daz up on a new deal and building the defence around him and Hanlon.
    As much as like Gray I would replace him as captain with MCG, I think it will happen as well next season with Lennon saying we lack leadership recently.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    We should get him on a new contract and make him club captain. He shows the leadership and aggression needed to drive the team on.
    The same leadership and aggression that Gray showed that drove us on to win the Scottish Cup?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    The same leadership and aggression that Gray showed that drove us on to win the Scottish Cup?
    If I was club captain and the coach came out after a disappointing result and slammed a lack of leadership, I'd be checking my peg in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    Taking nothing away from SDG, but I don't feel he's shown the form he showed last year. I think McGregor has got better and better and looks to me like a real leader, Gray maybe a bit to quiet for the job and who knows, being relieved of the caotaincy just might give him a boost.

We absolute need to keep Darren at all cost. Brilliant, solid defender and absolutely knows what this clubs means to the fans having grown up one himself. You know he will always give 110% for the badge. Just look at the emotion and the passion on him when he lifted the SC at hampden. Growing up a hibs fan he must have dreamed of doing that his whole life.

Not only that but in Time for Heroes he comes across as a genuinely lovely guy. Very humble and down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agree with this. Darren's been an astounding signing and he has helped Paul develop immensely. A great defensive partnership and it seems others like Fontaine and Forster can slot in beside him too when required.

glory glory

He's captain in all but name this season. He's been absolutely outstanding.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Taking nothing away from SDG, but I don't feel he's shown the form he showed last year. I think McGregor has got better and better and looks to me like a real leader, Gray maybe a bit to quiet for the job and who knows, being relieved of the caotaincy just might give him a boost.
    Maybe something worth looking at the end of the season but it'd be a huge risk from Lennon to strip Gray of the captaincy halfway through the season. I see a lot of leadership qualities in both David Gray and Darren MacGregor. 6 in half a dozen for me but I'd stick with Gray to be honest.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stevenson is like his mini me, bar the height diff I struggled to tell them apart when he first signed.

For me, Darren Mcgregor is well on the way to being "Player Of The Year"
    He is the stand-out guy in a mean/miserly rear-guard that has been instrumental in helping take us to the top of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    We absolute need to keep Darren at all cost. Brilliant, solid defender and absolutely knows what this clubs means to the fans having grown up one himself. You know he will always give 110% for the badge. Just look at the emotion and the passion on him when he lifted the SC at hampden. Growing up a hibs fan he must have dreamed of doing that his whole life.

Not only that but in Time for Heroes he comes across as a genuinely lovely guy. Very humble and down to earth.
    I actually thought his (and PHs) emotion for the equaliser at the PBS last season showed what it's like to be living the dream. These players (along with JC who proves a point everytime he steps on the pitch) generates that little bit extra that can make all difference.
    Last edited by Is It On....; 21-02-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Stubbs really did bring some great signings in his time
    McGregor
    McGinn
    Henderson
    Fyvie
    McGeough
    Malonga
    Sir David Gray
    Scott Allan
    Fontaine
    Stokes
    Farid when he was fit was some player too - can't legislate much for injury

No doubt I've forgotten a few aswell. He really had an eye for a player, have to give him that.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    it's really special when you think about it, that our back four bleed green and white. hanlon and mcgregor life long fans, stevenson very much one now, and david gray...if he wasn't a fan before, i think we've got a pretty big place in his heart by now.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Wouldn't rule him out scoring tonight as think they are weak at set pieces. Brilliant video.