hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After hearing Lennon's Interview

Could you pick a team for Wednesday :-)

Who, if anyone, will drop out?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Worryingly he said Graham was one of a few to receive pass marks so he may start. I don't rate Graham and would have him nowhere near the starting 11.

Keatings will drop out for Boyle IMO as he knows that squirrel will give 110 percent. He may also be tempted to drop Fyvie for either Shinnie or Martin, not sure that would be a wise move.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I think we will see one of Boyle/Humphrey start. Humphrey in particular showed some good turn of pace on a couple of occasions and looked dangerous. Holt will almost certainly start I suspect alongside Cummings.

IIRC Lennon said in his post match interview that it was difficult to make changes because the squad isn't big enough (I agree with that Neil) and he'll have to work with what he's got. I don't really think he's got much room for wholesale changes that's for certain. Dylan McGeouch is a man short straight away, and we are missing Paul Hanlon's influence.

FWIW I think Holt has to be on from the start with Cummings. The whole squad needs to step up on Wednesday night and for the rest of the season.

Shinnie and Holt for Keatings and Graham.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could you pick a team for Wednesday :-)

Who, if anyone, will drop out?
    You'd be hard pressed to guess who he's going to pick, Lennon doesn't have a clue what our best 11 is and we're now past mid February.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    You'd be hard pressed to guess who he's going to pick, Lennon doesn't have a clue what our best 11 is and we're now past mid February.
    I bet you know a lot more than NL eh?

Hook Keatings and Graham for Humphrey and Holt.

Check your. Laptop

With McGeogh , Hanlon , Forster and Harris injured there isn`t great competition for places . Suppose Holt will start on Wednesday though I doubt he`ll get better chances than ones he missed in Gorgie .

Blog Entries
    Football manager,or whatever it's called .
    Has a whole lot to answer for.

Load of cathroess.

Marciano
    Gray
    Mcgregor
    Fontaine
    Stevenson

Bartley
    Mcginn
    Martin

Boyle
    Humphreys
    Cummings

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    There's no such thing as a "best 11". It changes each week according to form, fitness, tactics required and the way the opposition are going to set up.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Same 11 as at Tynecastle. Obviously fonts starts for forster. Right blend of knowing a derby and grit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    There's no such thing as a "best 11". It changes each week according to form, fitness, tactics required and the way the opposition are going to set up.
    It's amazing how many folk still seem to think the same 11 players should play week in, week out, for a whole season.

As Lennon said today, he feels his quad is too small but he will have to work with what he's got. Hibs squad has seemed very light all season IMHO, not helped by numerous injuries to key players, even leading to the need for "emergency loans". That in itself seems farcical to me. In days gone bye clubs like Hibs would look to their reserve team. Something of course now long gone in our game.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    Same 11 as at Tynecastle. Obviously fonts starts for forster. Right blend of knowing a derby and grit.

No thanks, we're the home team this time, would like a more attacking formation

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    It's amazing how many folk still seem to think the same 11 players should play week in, week out, for a whole season.

As Lennon said today, he feels his quad is too small but he will have to work with what he's got. Hibs squad has seemed very light all season IMHO, not helped by numerous injuries to key players, even leading to the need for "emergency loans". That in itself seems farcical to me. In days gone bye clubs like Hibs would look to their reserve team. Something of course now long gone in our game.
    It amazes me even more that people think we shouldn't have a recognised starting 11. The only time it should be changed is injury or suspension or we come up against a vastly superior opponent.

We're the top dog in this league and other teams should be changing their team not the other way round.

Stubbsy had a tendency to rotate teams and it was detrimental to league results imo. he always seemed to play a strong team in cup ties.

It amazes me even more that people think we shouldn't have a recognised starting 11. The only time it should be changed is injury or suspension or we come up against a vastly superior opponent.

We're the top dog in this league and other teams should be changing their team not the other way round.

Stubbsy had a tendency to rotate teams and it was detrimental to league results imo. he always seemed to play a strong team in cup ties.
    It doesn't work that way though. Players fall in and out of form as a season goes on, other teams get used to tactics and players and habits and adjust to suit. There's no such thing as a recognised starting eleven, just a pool of players who require to be assessed for each individual game.

FWIW Stubbsy had picked up more points in less games last season than Lennon has.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I would personally play the same starting line up as last week with the exception of Fontaine in for Forster, or preferably Hanlon if he's anywhere near fit.

Left by mutual consent!
    It doesn't work that way though. Players fall in and out of form as a season goes on, other teams get used to tactics and players and habits and adjust to suit. There's no such thing as a recognised starting eleven, just a pool of players who require to be assessed for each individual game.

FWIW Stubbsy had picked up more points in less games last season than Lennon has.
    FWIW I think Stubbsy would have picked up a hell of a lot more this season than he did last, this is a vastly inferior league than last seasons.

Coaching Staff

They rarely hand out leagues in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    They rarely hand out leagues in February.
    I bloody well wish they did!

That's not how top clubs operate in this day and age. Players get injured practically every week it seems. Hibs are sometimes playing on artificial surfaces, and different players need to be selected accordingly.

Also, for example, Lennon chose his team to play Hearts in the cup at Tynecastle last week to combat the playing conditions and what he saw were Hearts strengths and weaknesses.

Sometimes players lose form and as a result they have to be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Worryingly he said Graham was one of a few to receive pass marks so he may start. I don't rate Graham and would have him nowhere near the starting 11.

Keatings will drop out for Boyle IMO as he knows that squirrel will give 110 percent. He may also be tempted to drop Fyvie for either Shinnie or Martin, not sure that would be a wise move.
    Personally I think fyvie has been murder the last 3 games...he gets an easy ride off some in comparison to the likes of shinnie. He was God awful today in that 1st half...but if Dylan isn't fit I don't see how we can drop him...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post

This.

Graham and Cummings up front for me, simply because of goal threat. Humphreys on for Keatings to go 442 is the only change I would make.

FWIW I think Stubbsy would have picked up a hell of a lot more this season than he did last, this is a vastly inferior league than last seasons.
    Keep hearing this vastly inferior league this season...utter 💩.other than no huns replaced by Utd. Other than that there is still the likes of Falkirk and a strong Morton. Less part time teams too than last 2 seasons. Yet another .net myth used as a stick to beat lennon with

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Marciano

gray
    mcgregor
    fontaine
    stevenson

mcginn
    mcgeouch
    bartley

humphrey
    boyle

cummings

First Team Breakthrough
    Keep reading about Boyles 110%.... this is undeniable. His ability to be a first choice player is wrong tho. He's is at most an effective sub.
    Worst first touch at the club and against them it could be costly. His contribution and affection for the club will never be lost, we need to aim higher though.

Shinnie, Holt, Boyle and Humphrey back in for me. If Lennon doesn't get a reaction a few will be be away in the summer.