hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62

Fight after the Derby

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-yobs-punch-kick-each-9830493
    Anyone got more details about this ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-yobs-punch-kick-each-9830493
    Who cares , you are better just ignoring what these idiots get up to. They are a embarrassment to both clubs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post
    I hope we won

Hibs inside, Hearts outside?

There's film of it on You Tube if anybody is really interested .......... looked like it took place well after the game with a gang of Yams trying to set about a handful of Hibs fans outside a boozer ..... the International Bar?

Looked like the next level up from the Falkirk pavement dancing to be honest ...... embarrassing stuff, not because it was mostly show and no punch, but because this crap should be left in the 90s where it belongs, Hibs don't need it, Hertz don't need it, football doesn't need it

Is the International not traditionally a Celtic pub? Certainly used to be buses Parkhead bound that ran from there not a million years ago.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Heard there were a lot of Hearts casuals in the Corn Exchange, watching the match

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is the International not traditionally a Celtic pub? Certainly used to be buses Parkhead bound that ran from there not a million years ago.
    Still is I think.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Heard there were a lot of Hearts casuals in the Corn Exchange, watching the match
    Sounds like a lot of nylon and polyester then. Bound to be some static.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Also, any daily record links are not appreciated. Can't stand anything to do with them.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I've never had a fight in my life, or dressed in casual style back in the day, but a friends teenage son is always asking me questions about "Hibs" back in the day. Some of the younger generation do look look on the scene romantically, and dress in a style that they believe every 80's hooligan wore. Funnily enough, I do follow the CCS Facebook page, which really just posts old pictures of themselves from their long passed travels, and nobody really looks like the Green Street identikit hooligan!
    Doesn't make it alright, but through many generations kids have engaged in gang violence from street gangs, Teddy Boys, Skinheads, Mods, Rockers, Punks, Casuals etc. It's the grown ups who still enjoy it we should be more offended at.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I've never had a fight in my life, or dressed in casual style back in the day, but a friends teenage son is always asking me questions about "Hibs" back in the day. Some of the younger generation do look look on the scene romantically, and dress in a style that they believe every 80's hooligan wore. Funnily enough, I do follow the CCS Facebook page, which really just posts old pictures of themselves from their long passed travels, and nobody really looks like the Green Street identikit hooligan!
    Doesn't make it alright, but through many generations kids have engaged in gang violence from street gangs, Teddy Boys, Skinheads, Mods, Rockers, Punks, Casuals etc. It's the grown ups who still enjoy it we should be more offended at.
    I was a Hibs boy from 84 until about 90 when i discovered drugs and raves and quickly realised it was much more fun dancing and getting wasted at the weekend than getting punched in the face and lifted....
    As for the clothes in these days wages were lower and designer gear more expensive so unless you had a light fingered friend with the balls to rob Cruise, Jenners and Austin Reed it was hard to keep up with the labels. Thats why nobody looked like the cast from Green Street back in the day.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hearts fans were fighting other Hearts fans in McCowans at Fountain Park after the game. One of them was glassed.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Also, any daily record links are not appreciated. Can't stand anything to do with them.
    dont click on it then!

There was a bit of bother in the Shannon at some point after the match

Quote Originally Posted by FC Leige View Post
    I was a Hibs boy from 84 until about 90 when i discovered drugs and raves and quickly realised it was much more fun dancing and getting wasted at the weekend than getting punched in the face and lifted....
    As for the clothes in these days wages were lower and designer gear more expensive so unless you had a light fingered friend with the balls to rob Cruise, Jenners and Austin Reed it was hard to keep up with the labels. Thats why nobody looked like the cast from Green Street back in the day.

Funnily enough, nobody is ever portrayed in Green Street style films wearing Benetton sweaters and Hugo Boss jeans, which is how I remember it from the 80s.

If they want to do it properly, they should wear those brands and get a really daft hairdo, with a big wavy fringe... possibly even a mullet.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    dont click on it then!
    Yep, that was implied. I'd urge others to do the same. Bash on tho just my opinion

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Aye

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

A draw.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Here is the youtube video:

I wouldn't think it's much worse than some other drunken weekend brawls. Its hours after the game finished so not really football related.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    So who is supposed to be who in that video?

Hibs in the pub, Hearts outside and eventually beating a retreat once their outnumbered adversaries got out.

Boy in the red jacket did a no bad job of chasing them off.

Figures. Looked to me the crew inside the pub got the better of that exchange in the end.

All a bit daft though isnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Hearts fans were fighting other Hearts fans in McCowans at Fountain Park after the game. One of them was glassed.
    Everyone hates Hearts fans.

I see from the YT vid that both the Sun and Daily ****** were desperate to get permission to take it. Shows the level of dross these red top rags stoop to.

Wow. A fight in Edinburgh on a weekend night. Whatever next!

Left by mutual consent!
    the term Hertz casuals is surely oxymoronic unless you think Primark is on par with Givenchy.

Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    the term Hertz casuals is surely oxymoronic unless you think Primark is on par with Givenchy.
    There's a video on YT of a hertz v Well 'fight'. Utterly embarrassing. 12 year old boys chucking bollards around and screaming like girls. It's staggeringly pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    There's a video on YT of a hertz v Well 'fight'. Utterly embarrassing. 12 year old boys chucking bollards around and screaming like girls. It's staggeringly pathetic
    To be honest its refreshing to hear 12 year olds managing to tear themselves away from their X boxes and make it outside their front doors.