hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

And people ask why Scottish football is dire...

Only 1 football team on the park and yes Hibs needed to do a lot better but is there really a committee discussing initiatives for getting more fans into grounds across Scotland? Solve it much quicker, any anti-football is punished by referees and teams actually need to play football to win matches.

Number 11 for Ayr repeatedly jumped into McGregor without looking at the ball. Number 16 just fouled everything that moved hence subbed...everything was about time wasting, fouling and hoofing the ball anywhere. I'd accept Hibs losing when teams play football and we are mince but what I just saw today, ignoring the result, made me think why do I have a ST?

Parker got spoken to for going to get the ball but their manager, coaches and players were time wasting at every opportunity but nothing really done - what 1 min added on on top of the usual 3mins added time?. What a sorry sight Scottish football is...

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    You may as well chuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only 1 football team on the park and yes Hibs needed to do a lot better but is there really a committee discussing initiatives for getting more fans into grounds across Scotland? Solve it much quicker, any anti-football is punished by referees and teams actually need to play football to win matches.

Number 11 for Ayr repeatedly jumped into McGregor without looking at the ball. Number 16 just fouled everything that moved hence subbed...everything was about time wasting, fouling and hoofing the ball anywhere. I'd accept Hibs losing when teams play football and we are mince but what I just saw today, ignoring the result, made me think why do I have a ST?

Parker got spoken to for going to get the ball but their manager, coaches and players were time wasting at every opportunity but nothing really done - what 1 min added on on top of the usual 3mins added time?. What a sorry sight Scottish football is...
    If were in a similar position next week you will be delirious.......

All part of the hun/yam/masonic conspiracy against Hibernian Football Club.

There, I've said it

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    All part of the hun/yam/masonic conspiracy against Hibernian Football Club.

There, I've said it

[/INDENT]
    The SFA for the last 80 years 😂

As a wise man once said you can only **** with the cock you've got.
    They did what they needed to get a result, given their resources, and the rich team couldn't break them down.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    As a wise man once said you can only **** with the cock you've got.
    They did what they needed to get a result, given their resources, and the rich team couldn't break them down.
    Exactly. It's hardly the fault of the hunchbacked chap with the small cock, if he steals the dance floor dolly bird while the pretty boy with the huge chopper is preening in the mirror and texting about what he's going to do at the nightclub next Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Exactly. It's hardly the fault of the hunchbacked chap with the small cock, if he steals the dance floor dolly bird while the pretty boy with the huge chopper is preening in the mirror and texting about what he's going to do at the nightclub next Sunday.
    Cannae beat that

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Sorry nice analogy and all that but our 2nd division is this standard? Pardon me if I find that slightly concerning. some of the worst football I watch in terms of persistent timewasting and fouling is Scottish. Don't get me wrong it happens everywhere but for the amount it happens at ER, how many get booked? Probably 3 players across 3 seasons so far...summed up with Shinnie being booked for a slight tug of a shirt, whilst Stevenson getting taken out by donkey boy with a tackle from behind is still just a booking. Let's get Bartley on the pitch..oh wait he gets sent off for sneezing near the opposing player..animal so he is!

Their left back got spoken to then 5mins later he plays the "oh where has the ball gone, I'm not sure where it is...oh there it is...I'll stand here with it now for 20seconds then throw it in the direction of McGregor and hopefully number 11 just leaps into him and gets away with the foul".

No excuses but freezing my backside off at ER to watch that makes me want to give up watching football. Bizarrely I'd prefer we got a footballing lesson at ER from a team rather than that trash. I may support Hibs and all but I'm also going along to see a modicum of football...

@hibs.net private member
    Blaming anything other than Hibs and Neil Lennon is wrong.

Drawing at home to Ayr is a disgrace

Sorry nice analogy and all that but our 2nd division is this standard? Pardon me if I find that slightly concerning. some of the worst football I watch in terms of persistent timewasting and fouling is Scottish. Don't get me wrong it happens everywhere but for the amount it happens at ER, how many get booked? Probably 3 players across 3 seasons so far...summed up with Shinnie being booked for a slight tug of a shirt, whilst Stevenson getting taken out by donkey boy with a tackle from behind is still just a booking. Let's get Bartley on the pitch..oh wait he gets sent off for sneezing near the opposing player..animal so he is!

Their left back got spoken to then 5mins later he plays the "oh where has the ball gone, I'm not sure where it is...oh there it is...I'll stand here with it now for 20seconds then throw it in the direction of McGregor and hopefully number 11 just leaps into him and gets away with the foul".

No excuses but freezing my backside off at ER to watch that makes me want to give up watching football. Bizarrely I'd prefer we got a footballing lesson at ER from a team rather than that trash. I may support Hibs and all but I'm also going along to see a modicum of football...
    I feel your pain mate. They were brutal and the ref was Crap.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Daft thread. Teams are entitled to play however they like provided its within the laws of the game, and I think there are far bigger factors that influence peoples decisions whether to turn up to games (money, fixture changes, teams winning etc!).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Let's blame Lianne and big Frank too?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

That's about it. Lennon picked the wrong starting line up and the players he did select just did not perform. Anything else is incidental.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Ayr were always going to set up like that. It was a game for big Holty, as shown by the good he did when he came on.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    That's about it. Lennon picked the wrong starting line up and the players he did select just did not perform. Anything else is incidental.
    agreed. We look to hibs to provide the entertainment not the opposition. iF hibs had played well, created lots of chances and won convincingly no-one would care what the other team were up to

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterboroHibee View Post
    Daft thread. Teams are entitled to play however they like provided its within the laws of the game, and I think there are far bigger factors that influence peoples decisions whether to turn up to games (money, fixture changes, teams winning etc!).
    And why are teams struggling to get fans into stadiums I wonder? Quality of the pies? Forget Hibs for a second and view this game as a neutral, the game is football, regardless of rules of the game. Would you as a neutral pay to go see football be happy at barely seeing football? If I went to see ice hockey and all the players just huddled in the corner and protected the puck for the rest of the match after getting a goal I'd not end up going to ice hockey again regardless of players divine right to play however they please.

Football is a product. Fans are central to that product. The product in this country outside of Celtic is dire, really dire.

And why are teams struggling to get fans into stadiums I wonder? Quality of the pies? Forget Hibs for a second and view this game as a neutral, the game is football, regardless of rules of the game. Would you as a neutral pay to go see football be happy at barely seeing football? If I went to see ice hockey and all the players just huddled in the corner and protected the puck for the rest of the match after getting a goal I'd not end up going to ice hockey again regardless of players divine right to play however they please.

Football is a product. Fans are central to that product. The product in this country outside of Celtic is dire, really dire.
    Plus expensive!

don't think anyone's disagreeing with any of that. What is not agreed is that its up to the away team to improve the product rather than being in Hibs hands for games at easter road.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs

Your making a generalisation that teams do that on a frequent basis in Scotland, which isnt true. A team who doesnt have anywhere near the resources as us have come and by adopting a certain style of football have got a point that might have been valuable to them. Fair play. Part of football is being able to adapt to different styles of play and tactics, which we failed to do today. People would consider anything other than Barcelona-esq play 'anti-football', whereas others are happy just to see their team win. If a player is cheating I agree they should be punished, but some of the things you describe are tactics that are exploited by everyone (including us).

Regaring factors that will have a far bigger influence on attendances, how about the cost of tickets? The fact games are constantly being changed on short notice at the whim of the tv companies? The change in culture that demands instant success, and anything else is failure? The poor running of the Scottish game that has made an inferior 'product' (I dont mean the quality of the football, but rather how its packaged)? The fact that those who should be shouting about the positive aspects of the Scottish game are constantly negative about it? Im sure the list could go on.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    What was Ayr's 2nd half kick-off all about? I suspect it was just another time wasting exercise (and it worked).
    One player runs forward to the front edge of the centre circle and the kicker boots the ball as far as he can.
    The ref makes them take it again. Another wasted minute (of many).

Okay, Ayr played the way their resources dictated by jeez, how many folk would go and watch a game like that every week?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterboroHibee View Post
    Your making a generalisation that teams do that on a frequent basis in Scotland, which isnt true. A team who doesnt have anywhere near the resources as us have come and by adopting a certain style of football have got a point that might have been valuable to them. Fair play. Part of football is being able to adapt to different styles of play and tactics, which we failed to do today. People would consider anything other than Barcelona-esq play 'anti-football', whereas others are happy just to see their team win. If a player is cheating I agree they should be punished, but some of the things you describe are tactics that are exploited by everyone (including us).

Regaring factors that will have a far bigger influence on attendances, how about the cost of tickets? The fact games are constantly being changed on short notice at the whim of the tv companies? The change in culture that demands instant success, and anything else is failure? The poor running of the Scottish game that has made an inferior 'product' (I dont mean the quality of the football, but rather how its packaged)? The fact that those who should be shouting about the positive aspects of the Scottish game are constantly negative about it? Im sure the list could go on.
    I think persistent fouling and time-wasting is slightly out with your Barcelona-esque vs anti-football comparison. Don't expect Ayr to play like Barcelona, some football would be nice. I wonder how much time was wasted on goalkicks and throw-ins? I wonder how much time the ball was up in the clouds?

Also, I'm sorry making a product cheaper doesn't always make it more popular. On today's showing I'd say it'd need to be £10 or cheaper. I can check reviews on a film and go see it at the cinema knowing it'll be quite good, why should I choose the football? The product, simples. People look for the package etc. but ultimately it comes down to watching something exciting hence why 6-6 draws with Motherwell are remembered.

Hibs have a part to play but Scottish football and all the teams have to help improve the product. Not make it cheaper to justify the dross.

I know where madhatter is coming from, and I sympathise. That was awful to watch today.

McColl set out his stall to kill the game, and it made matters worse when Hibs presented them with a gift of a goal straight away.

As if we played great football today. We were quite happy to go long as well so let's not kid ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    As if we played great football today. We were quite happy to go long as well so let's not kid ourselves.
    Too many didn't break sweat today. The ones that did, nothing came off for them unfortunately.
    Our players need to watch how the big guys play. They run for 90 mins. There's nobody on the park swinging a brolly and whistling "Singing in the Rain".

I'm sorry but you can't blame Ayr for playing like that. What they did was pretty much straight out of the "get at least a draw at Easter Road" instruction book.

Too many times we have witnessed these sort of results at home since we managed to end up in this dreadful division. It is up to our management team and players to find a way to stop this happening because, ultimately, it has already cost us promotion twice and threatens to do so again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    What was Ayr's 2nd half kick-off all about? I suspect it was just another time wasting exercise (and it worked).
    One player runs forward to the front edge of the centre circle and the kicker boots the ball as far as he can.
    The ref makes them take it again. Another wasted minute (of many).

Okay, Ayr played the way their resources dictated by jeez, how many folk would go and watch a game like that every week?
    What was wrong with kick off that it needed to be retaken. I can only think the ref hadn't blown the whistle or an Ayr player was in our half as it is fine for the ball to go forward or back and to score directly from the kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    What was wrong with kick off that it needed to be retaken. I can only think the ref hadn't blown the whistle or an Ayr player was in our half as it is fine for the ball to go forward or back and to score directly from the kick off.
    That's my point. The Ayr player was well into our half. It was a deliberate action to make the kick off be taken again. Thus killing a minute of time.
    There should be a law that if the kick off is foul then it is given to the other team - like a foul throw.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar

100%agree dont forget if these players were playing for places on sundays game v them then l would think lennon has a lot to think about
    as who to start with and strong subs

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    That's my point. The Ayr player was well into our half. It was a deliberate action to make the kick off be taken again. Thus killing a minute of time.
    There should be a law that if the kick off is foul then it is given to the other team - like a foul throw.
    It didn't waste time, if you have to retake kick-off the clock effectively hasn't started until the kick off is taken again.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net