hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

St Johnstone supporters bus shot at on Wednesday night.

'BULLET JUST MISSED MY HEAD' Bus driver tells of terrifying moment coach full of St Johnstone fans was SHOT at in Glasgow
    Stewart Sharp's vehicle was targeted after leaving Firhill park following The Saints’ 1-0 win over Partick Thistle on Wednesday night
    PICTURED
    BY ROBERT COLLINS 3rd February 2017, 10:09 am

A COACH driver has told of the terrifying moment his vehicle full of football fans was SHOT at in Glasgow.

Stewart Sharp, 38, was driving a St Johnstone supporters bus away from Firhill Stadium when a bullet smashed through a window, just a few inches from his head.

The incident happened after The Saints’ 1-0 win over Partick Thistle on Wednesday night.

Stewart, from Perth, said: “I was driving at five or 10 miles an hour when I heard a loud bang.

“I wasn’t sure what had happened so I stopped to make sure everybody was okay.

“I thought it was a stone but when I had a look I realised it was an air rifle or worse.

“It had gone through the window behind my head and struck a pillar.

“If it had happened a few seconds earlier it would have hit me at neck height. I could have been seriously injured.

“When I saw how close it was I was shaken and then quite angry.”

Cops are currently reviewing CCTV footage in an effort to identify the culprits and it is yet to be established what kind of weapon caused the damage.

Stewart also revealed police had earlier warned him to be alert as there had been problems with other supporters buses.

Jim Docherty, senior partner of Docherty’s Midland Coaches of Auchterarder whose vehicle was the target, said the incident should be highlighted.

His company has operated the official St Johnstone team coach for 26 years.

F***ing mental. Here is the link if folk want to judge for themselves if this was a bullet or a pellet gun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...at-in-glasgow/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'BULLET JUST MISSED MY HEAD' Bus driver tells of terrifying moment coach full of St Johnstone fans was SHOT at in Glasgow
    Stewart Sharp's vehicle was targeted after leaving Firhill park following The Saints’ 1-0 win over Partick Thistle on Wednesday night
    PICTURED
    BY ROBERT COLLINS 3rd February 2017, 10:09 am

A COACH driver has told of the terrifying moment his vehicle full of football fans was SHOT at in Glasgow.

Stewart Sharp, 38, was driving a St Johnstone supporters bus away from Firhill Stadium when a bullet smashed through a window, just a few inches from his head.

The incident happened after The Saints’ 1-0 win over Partick Thistle on Wednesday night.

Stewart, from Perth, said: “I was driving at five or 10 miles an hour when I heard a loud bang.

“I wasn’t sure what had happened so I stopped to make sure everybody was okay.

“I thought it was a stone but when I had a look I realised it was an air rifle or worse.

“It had gone through the window behind my head and struck a pillar.

“If it had happened a few seconds earlier it would have hit me at neck height. I could have been seriously injured.

“When I saw how close it was I was shaken and then quite angry.”

Cops are currently reviewing CCTV footage in an effort to identify the culprits and it is yet to be established what kind of weapon caused the damage.

Stewart also revealed police had earlier warned him to be alert as there had been problems with other supporters buses.

Jim Docherty, senior partner of Docherty’s Midland Coaches of Auchterarder whose vehicle was the target, said the incident should be highlighted.

His company has operated the official St Johnstone team coach for 26 years.

F***ing mental. Here is the link if folk want to judge for themselves if this was a bullet or a pellet gun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...at-in-glasgow/
    Does it really matter if it was a bullet or a pellet gun?
    It's like asking if it was skean dhu or a bayonet.Either way the result could be lethal.
    Why is this not on the main news headlines?
    Last edited by snooky; 03-02-2017 at 10:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Does it really matter if it was a bullet or a pellet gun?
    It's like asking if it was skean dhu or a bayonet.Either way the result could be lethal.
    Why is this not on the main news headlines?
    I had never heard anything about it, went for a haircut today and had a wee look at Sun newspaper and i seen that story, 1st thought was surely this would have made the Scottish news headlines at tea time, not seen or heard nothing about it, and by reading it it doesn't sound like Scottish Police are to fussed about it, should have been made a crime scene straight away by the police, " i heard a loud bang" should have had the police closing the street down.

Not a ballistics expert ( though I did own an air rifle in my teens ) but if you ask me that's some size of a hole for an air rifle pellet. If whatever came through the window was big and fast enough to make that hole the driver could easily have been killed by it. This should be an attempted murder enquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Not a ballistics expert ( though I did own an air rifle in my teens ) but if you ask me that's some size of a hole for an air rifle pellet. If whatever came through the window was big and fast enough to make that hole the driver could easily have been killed by it. This should be an attempted murder enquiry.
    I'm not a ballistics expert either but I do live in the USA and I do own a 9mm pistol and the hole looks to be about the size that 9mm ammunition would leave in a target......

I'm no ballistics expert but it looks like that hole was made by a Nerf gun.

To be that accurate, if it was aimed at head height and a moving target, you would have to fire a 9mm at close range and would be seen. Unless of course youre an expert shot.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I'm not a ballistics expert either but I do live in the USA and I do own a 9mm pistol and the hole looks to be about the size that 9mm ammunition would leave in a target......
    I am pleading the 5th.

If this was after a Hibs game, the way we get treated for the slightest wrong doing, there would be a full scale police investigation with the story on every news channel/paper.

It's probably unlikely to be Patrick fans, just local neds.

The fact the Police had warned the driver as there had been previous incidents!! Maybe Police Scotland need to wind down the pitch invasion investigation and start to channel there efforts into ensuring the safety of supporters buses in Glasgow, buses getting hit with missiles/attacked in Glasgow has been happening for years with very little being done about it.

Glasgow truly is the @rzehole of the World.

Truly loath the place and post 21 May have vowed never to return.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Unless it's got an illegal spring in it that ain't no air rifle!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post

I think they'll have a day of mourning at that news.

Could possibly be a ball bearing fired from
    A slingshot?? Certainly still lethal AF mind.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Of all the places I've been to watch Hibs, Partick Thistle is the only place I've not really felt that comfortable in the streets on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Of all the places I've been to watch Hibs, Partick Thistle is the only place I've not really felt that comfortable in the streets on my own.
    I lived in Glasgow for almost 5 years. In that time, as a rather poor working chef, I would regularly walk home from the city centre after midnight. I lived first on Maryhill road right beside Patrick stadium, secondly in the east end ten minutes from parkhead and thirdly right on Copeland road a stones throw from castle greyskull. Regularly took the underground on Rangers match days also. In those 5 years I wasn't assaulted, threatened, spat at or so much as given a sideways glance once. I found most glaswegians to be helpful friendly people as well as a city that knows how to have a good time far better than Edinburgh.
    Obviously the attack on the bus is out of order but a violent dangerous city or the "********" of the world is definately is not.

Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    I lived in Glasgow for almost 5 years. In that time, as a rather poor working chef, I would regularly walk home from the city centre after midnight. I lived first on Maryhill road right beside Patrick stadium, secondly in the east end ten minutes from parkhead and thirdly right on Copeland road a stones throw from castle greyskull. Regularly took the underground on Rangers match days also. In those 5 years I wasn't assaulted, threatened, spat at or so much as given a sideways glance once. I found most glaswegians to be helpful friendly people as well as a city that knows how to have a good time far better than Edinburgh.
    Obviously the attack on the bus is out of order but a violent dangerous city or the "********" of the world is definately is not.
    The statistics on violent attacks and murders in glasgow compared to Edinburgh would paint a very different picture from the one you are trying to paint. It's a west coast toilet that I only visit when Hibs are playing.

Glad nobody on the Saints bus was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    The statistics on violent attacks and murders in glasgow compared to Edinburgh would paint a very different picture from the one you are trying to paint. It's a west coast toilet that I only visit when Hibs are playing.

Glad nobody on the Saints bus was injured.
    http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14194780.Glasgow_loses_violent_crime_capital_tag/

Is that right aye??? Victims of violent crime 30 in 10,000 for both Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Edit : apologies for my inability to hyperlink properly
    Last edited by -Jonesy-; 04-02-2017 at 10:28 AM.

A whole load of moral panic going on here.

After an unfortunate incident in Paisley one Saturday afternoon me and my mate found ourselves having to walk home in the evening with no money and no idea where we were going ..... the people we encountered couldn't have been more helpful, one guy gave us bus fare to the outskirts of the city when he heard of our plight and a night watchman at a factory on the approach to the M8 gave us a cup of tea.

I had a Weegie boss at work who I became good friends with and he was without a doubt one of the nicest, funniest ( I'm talking Billy Connolly funny ) and most generous people I will ever meet, he was killed in a car crash many years ago God rest him and I'm getting a tear in my eye now remembering him .... It only seems that for some reason when you put them in big groups they seem to change for the worse.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 04-02-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Have to agree on this too. Having lived in Glasgow too, loved the place. Any trouble I had was mostly self-inflicted or very minor, mild threat. I also lived on Panmure St, near Firhill Stadium between Maryhill and Possilpark and didn't encounter any trouble round there.

Not a good idea to parade a new mountain bike around unknown housing estates anywhere in Scotland I'd figure which I did in Maryhill and was chased by what was laughably like a Anthill Mob of pre-teenage boys.

Not to belittle the event, but what crime there is in Glasgow and those neds who commit it are held in same contempt we would have of them if committed in our backyard.

Another thing is in Edinburgh, despite evidence to the contrary, the media/establishment like to pretend these problems don't happen here and is downplayed in favour of stories of outrageous parking charges. It explains while-collar crime corruption in council or at certain football clubs being met with the response we all know about.
    Last edited by Scott Allan Key; 04-02-2017 at 10:54 AM.

I like going to Firhill but I remember a mid-week game years ago when a big group of neds bricked a couple of buses after the game.

The driver mentions the police told him to be aware because there had been previous bother. What kind of bother? Does the public not have the right to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    To be that accurate, if it was aimed at head height and a moving target, you would have to fire a 9mm at close range and would be seen. Unless of course youre an expert shot.
    Or lucky

I remember about 20-25 years ago the Thistle fans attacking 2 Hibs buses that were stopped at traffic lights after the game. They were tooled up with baseball bats and stuff and done all the windows in on the buses. Cops were called that day and it definitely made the news papers. Anyone else remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I remember about 20-25 years ago the Thistle fans attacking 2 Hibs buses that were stopped at traffic lights after the game. They were tooled up with baseball bats and stuff and done all the windows in on the buses. Cops were called that day and it definitely made the news papers. Anyone else remember this?
    I mentioned an incident above. I would doubt it was Thistle fans though to be fair. Local neds more like.

Glasgow is a great place.

There. I said it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post

One less Hibby in the ticket queue for the Hampden fixture then.

Cheers, much appreciated.

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    I stayed in Glasgow for a few years and was hospitalised walking home from work one night (Maryhill Road), 3 wee neds and a paving slab on my head later..

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I like going to Firhill but I remember a mid-week game years ago when a big group of neds bricked a couple of buses after the game.

The driver mentions the police told him to be aware because there had been previous bother. What kind of bother? Does the public not have the right to know?
    Why does the public have a right to know everything about everything? These kind of things have gone on for decades. It's only now we are conditioned to act outraged at the slightest thing. Attempted murder has been mentioned on here. Have a word guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I mentioned an incident above. I would doubt it was Thistle fans though to be fair. Local neds more like.
    Why wouldn't it be thistle fans?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    After an unfortunate incident in Paisley one Saturday afternoon me and my mate found ourselves having to walk home in the evening with no money and no idea where we were going ..... the people we encountered couldn't have been more helpful, one guy gave us bus fare to the outskirts of the city when he heard of our plight and a night watchman at a factory on the approach to the M8 gave us a cup of tea.

I had a Weegie boss at work who I became good friends with and he was without a doubt one of the nicest, funniest ( I'm talking Billy Connolly funny ) and most generous people I will ever meet, he was killed in a car crash many years ago God rest him and I'm getting a tear in my eye now remembering him .... It only seems that for some reason when you put them in big groups they seem to change for the worse.
    That's not at all sweeping generalisation. Leith is as rough as most places in Glasgow, I think we need to remember that.