hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did anyone get tickets via the phone?

As the above says. I know of 4 people and a total bill of over £125 not to even get through to a operator.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Not heard of anyone but the club have said 50% of the tickets were available online/phone and I'm sure I read Ticketmaster had 60 folk lined up to take calls.

No, spent 35 minutes and each call was just cut off. I will be interested to hear how many were successful. If few tickets were released over the phone then it sounds like a breach of trade and just a way to fleece for telephone charges.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    60 operators? Not saying Hibs weren't told this, but I smell *****. I'd like to see how many did purchase this way.

Nope.. 66 calls made and no success.. no sure how much this is going to cost the other half.. checked her call log and most the calls lasted less than a minute..

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope.. 66 calls made and no success.. no sure how much this is going to cost the other half.. checked her call log and most the calls lasted less than a minute..
    It's not the length of the call mate, that's only 7p per minute. It's the connection fee. My youngest made 81 calls @ 48p a pop he thought it was just the 7ppm !! Think my eldest was near enough the same 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    It's not the length of the call mate, that's only 7p per minute. It's the connection fee. My youngest made 81 calls @ 48p a pop he thought it was just the 7ppm !! Think my eldest was near enough the same 🙄
    I think a case is building to get a reimbursement. I did not know this.

Oh ****😟 This could be sore.. con men.. lesson well and truly learned..

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Oh ****😟 This could be sore.. con men.. lesson well and truly learned..
    Yup will never phone ticketmaster for football or gig tickets... they are at it

Thats shocking.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So DID ANYONE buy over the phone?

First Team Regular
    I made the same mistake. 57p per call to be disconnected. £28 or so bill. I dont for a second believe anyone was answered via phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    I made the same mistake. 57p per call to be disconnected. £28 or so bill. I dont for a second believe anyone was answered via phone.
    This is not going to go away with the club's statement saying how well fans did. Bottom line is online sales were the only way and then queuing online was from much earlier than 12pm. I am going to take this further for a reimbursement of telephone charges. If they were sold out, the line should have been disconnected.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I tried on the phone and got nowhere.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    If it does turn out to be the case that next to no tickets were sold over the phone then that's an absolute ****ing disgrace - from ticketmaster I must point out, not Hibs. Robbing *******s especially when they're charging that amount.

This should be reported to watch dog..

Phone is a total scam and I don't even try it anymore. Tried for big games in the past and same experience - big bill and no tickets.

This is something the fan reps (either old or new pair) should be making Hibs come down hard on with ticketmaster.

My brother called about 40 times in 20 minutes and never got through.

Hibs should be asking for clarification if any tickets were sold via this method as by the sounds of it they have made a lot of money from phone charges when nobody actually spoke to them.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 02-02-2017 at 06:59 PM.

60 staff. 10 operators and 50 supervisors.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    60 staff. 10 operators and 50 supervisors.
    And 9 of them making the tea

Still nobody is able to admit to buying 10 tickets over the phone and tying up the line. Definitely a case for Watchdog and trading standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Still nobody is able to admit to buying 10 tickets over the phone and tying up the line. Definitely a case for Watchdog and trading standards.
    Has anybody admitted to buying a single ticket over the phone - never mind ten?

100% and the club should be supporting us

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    And 9 of them making the tea
    If they are anything like the staff at the Welsh Call Centre which has been on TV then I can see why there were so many folk that made numerous phone calls and didn't actually speak to anybody. Staff were probably all too busy hiding the tea girls tea trolley and Hobnobs.

Still nobody who bought a ticket over the phone...this issue is not going away. Becoming a big scam!

Still nobody who bought a ticket over the phone...this issue is not going away. Becoming a big scam!
    Feels like it. I understand this thread isn't exactly a big representation of the tickets sold but surely there would be a few people on here who got a tickets via this method. Would like to see how much Ticketmaster have scooped from this

I phoned non-stop from a couple of minutes to 12 until 12:25 when they started giving the message that it was sold out. I was on my lunch at work so just re-dialled after getting the message each time that all their agents were busy and that the call would be disconnected. I must have called at least 30 times and didn't get through once.

At the time I couldn't understand why a company like Ticketmaster didn't have a queuing system on their phone lines and why they'd put you through the inconvenience of having to dial again. Now that i've read about the money to be made from connection charges on people constantly redialing, it now makes sense.
    Last edited by Big_Franck; 02-02-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Tickets may have gone in minutes online. Then ticketmaster just keep the lines open to get as many people calling up for tickets they don't even have any more. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Tickets may have gone in minutes online. Then ticketmaster just keep the lines open to get as many people calling up for tickets they don't even have any more. Brutal.
    A possibility but either way when it's sold out the lines should be blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Feels like it. I understand this thread isn't exactly a big representation of the tickets sold but surely there would be a few people on here who got a tickets via this method. Would like to see how much Ticketmaster have scooped from this
    Exactly, I can accept missing out on a ticket but I can not just ignore the fact that a serious amount of money appears to have been scammed. The connection fee would not have been incurred if we were not disconnected each time!
    Going to talk to a lawyer and then approach the club. This carry on and practice will be the tip of an iceberg for these things. Getting more annoyed writing this.