hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

I'm now worried about going to Swinie next weekend

Did you see the state of that pitch last night? What a mess! Have the builders just been dumping all their excess sand on it? I think this could be a great leveller and would now be happy to get them back to Easter Road so we can play on a proper football surface.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you see the state of that pitch last night? What a mess! Have the builders just been dumping all their excess sand on it? I think this could be a great leveller and would now be happy to get them back to Easter Road so we can play on a proper football surface.
    If the pitch is crap, that might actually suit us - the Yams will be thinking they're Barcelona after Sevco last night and will try to play silky football, which will be their downfall!

Best defence in Europe + deluded Yams = stunning victory.

Am still confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Burntool View Post
    If the pitch is crap, that might actually suit us - the Yams will be thinking they're Barcelona after Sevco last night and will try to play silky football, which will be their downfall!

Best defence in Europe + deluded Yams = stunning victory.

Am still confident.

That would be a concern if we were still a possession 'flair' side like a Mowbray or Collins incarnation. These days we can play both ways but we've probably been at our best when playing fast, direct, mixing early high balls with short passing and getting bodies behind the ball instead of pressing high up.

Which will be perfect for the tattie field.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    That would be a concern if we were still a possession 'flair' side like a Mowbray or Collins incarnation. These days we can play both ways but we've probably been at our best when playing fast, direct, mixing early high balls with short passing and getting bodies behind the ball instead of pressing high up.

Which will be perfect for the tattie field.
    Yep, last night's hun performance reminded me of the bad old days when we turned up, tried to play nice football and got horsed. We'll be fine.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I worry more about the jambos 12th man!

Never an equal contest.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I worry more about the jambos 12th man!

Never an equal contest.
    Thomson gave us plenty 50:50 decisions in the last derby at the piggery. It'll be fine.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I think due to the pitch its a game we'll definitely see Holt starting in, and I fully expect big Marv in there too. Expecting...

........Cummings......Holt

...............Keatings

..........Fyvie........Mcginn

................Bartley

Lewis..Fonts...McGregor...Gray

...............Laidlaw

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I think due to the pitch its a game we'll definitely see Holt starting in, and I fully expect big Marv in there too. Expecting...

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw

Could be the team to do the job

Lennon will have the players right up for this! I'm gonna go for a 0-2 the the cabbage , no fear of them at all , bring them on. Cummings at the double

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw
    I hope you're right! That's the team id go with. I wonder if our Xi V Ayr this weekend will give a clue as to what we go with at Tynie or if it's horses for courses stuff.
    Mon the Hibs.

Would imagine we'll play Humph.and Boyle against Ayr from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    Lennon will have the players right up for this! I'm gonna go for a 0-2 the the cabbage , no fear of them at all , bring them on. Cummings at the double
    No fear pf them at all, but definitely feared of that cabbage patch. We have bigger fish to fry until the end of the season and I am concerned about injuries.

The pitch is awful, its cut up all over the park. They showed on camera after the game last night of their groundsmen on the park picking up huge clumps of grass. As i mentioned on another thread, I've seen sunday league and public park pitches in better nick (not even kidding!). The ball was bobbling about all over the place, Laidlaw will have to watch out for that as it can direct the ball away from keepers.

Grubby, rusty tin can stadium with a tattie field of a pitch. Absolutely nothing nice about that place at all, a dump in every sense of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    The pitch is awful, its cut up all over the park. They showed on camera after the game last night of their groundsmen on the park picking up huge clumps of grass. As i mentioned on another thread, I've seen sunday league and public park pitches in better nick (not even kidding!). The ball was bobbling about all over the place, Laidlaw will have to watch out for that as it can direct the ball away from keepers.

Grubby, rusty tin can stadium with a tattie field of a pitch. Absolutely nothing nice about that place at all, a dump in every sense of the word.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

Surely Hearts have a responsibility to provide a better pitch than that, even if they do have building works going on?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw
    I think will be very similar to that, may even just play one up.

Does anyone think the pitch was deliberately set up like that. As didnt look anywhere Near as bad as that against Bonnyrigg and there has only been played on once since after 3 weeks or so of no games on it. Seemed too bad to be true IMO.

Keeper and back 4 pick themselves.
    Fyvie. Bartley
    Humphrey. Mcginn. Boyle
    Cummings.

Similar to the side that beat Dundee Utd

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Does anyone think the pitch was deliberately set up like that. As didnt look anywhere Near as bad as that against Bonnyrigg and there has only been played on once since after 3 weeks or so of no games on it. Seemed too bad to be true IMO.
    I do recall them watering the pitch last season when there was no need.

I expect a tight game but as long as there is no jiggery-pokery at the piggery I am not too worried.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

...............Keatings

................Bartley

...............Laidlaw
    Understand where you are coming from, and it is a one off game, but I hope that isn't the team. No pace or width at all and would be a step backward watching Gray and Stevenson as our attacking outlets again.

The Yams had a match postponed last season (in February 2016) after their ridiculous wee pitch failed an early afternoon inspection.

The game, against Partick Thistle, was called off less than two hours before kick off. IIRC there were suggestions that they never tried a leg to remove a wee drop sleet and snow from the edge of the pitch.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Understand where you are coming from, and it is a one off game, but I hope that isn't the team. No pace or width at all and would be a step backward watching Gray and Stevenson as our attacking outlets again.
    Lennon likes to adapt to games. Went narrow at Dumbarton and will maybe think the same about tynie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    4-5-1 with Boyle an and Humphrey wide for me. Disrupt their game and keep Walker off the ball. Their left back looks vulnerable to me although seems ok coming forward. Get him square on as much as possible with Humphrey.

Left by mutual consent!
    One night before a derby years ago, their sprinklers were 'inadvertently left on overnight' - make no mistake about them, every time you think they've reached absolute rock-bottom, they'll find another spade !

However, a repeat of our performance against Dundee Utd will be more than adequate to take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The Yams had a match postponed last season (in February 2016) after their ridiculous wee pitch failed an early afternoon inspection.

The game, against Partick Thistle, was called off less than two hours before kick off. IIRC there were suggestions that they never tried a leg to remove a wee drop sleet and snow from the edge of the pitch.
    That was the day that it was the only professional game off in the UK and games were going on at teh Gyle and Saughton park also just a few days before our cup replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    One night before a derby years ago, their sprinklers were 'inadvertently left on overnight' - make no mistake about them, every time you think they've reached absolute rock-bottom, they'll find another spade !

However, a repeat of our performance against Dundee Utd will be more than adequate to take care of them.
    Was that to put the game off?

To be honest I'm not worried but after last night they aren't the joke I thought they were. WTF was that all about? The players they brought in look like decent, seasoned pros and we'll have to be at 100% at all times.

However, talk about them suddenly turning into Real Madrid is nonsense, as is talk about them hammering us. They still have weaknesses and are about to find out how stubborn we can be.

Could be a single goal that wins it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Was that to put the game off?
    Nah, it was about when Riordan, Brown, Thomson etc were starting to emerge and we were getting a reputation for playing fast, flowing football on the ground - might've been a New Year's derby but I'm not sure of the date ?. Pitch was heavy as, so our game suffered however I'm almost certain it ended in a draw ?.

First Team Breakthrough 21.5.16's Avatar
    Pal whos a Jambo saying theres a thread on kickback about this thread and apparently they will hammer us 😂 im not getting overly confident but it will be a tight game im going for 3-2 hibs as hearts have goals in them as we all seen/heard last night. It may have been against a poor rangers but they still scored 4. I personally dont think anyone should go to this game expecting a hibs win its not going to be easy for either side.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk