hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Crisps, snacks and SSN presenters outfits

Great to see some fascinating possibilities in the transfer market before the window is 'slammed' shut...but where's the thread where we compare Doritos and Hula Hoops?
    My favourite threads are always these ones. Sadly I've got to work tonight but have I missed something? Do we have an unofficial TDD thread.
    Who is munching what snacks?
    Do we agree?
    Should we care?
    Mintolas/Mint Munchies or Munchies?
    What's Brown Owl saying about things?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great to see some fascinating possibilities in the transfer market before the window is 'slammed' shut...but where's the thread where we compare Doritos and Hula Hoops?
    My favourite threads are always these ones. Sadly I've got to work tonight but have I missed something? Do we have an unofficial TDD thread.
    Do we agree?
    Should we care?
    Gerritrightroonye - I can't get any of those things here. Stuck with bloody popcorn and pretzels........

Housemate has the tea on at the moment, will pair nicely with an eclair I've just picked up for half price from Tesco. Might break into the Pringles and aw, but saving the rest for the evening. Well prepared this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Gerritrightroonye - I can't get any of those things here. Stuck with bloody popcorn and pretzels........
    where are you?

Kettle crisps half price in Tesco so 3 packets of, bought, assorted flavours. Case of Guinness in the fridge last night, preparation is key. I've got a wide array of yank snacks for the Superbowl on Sunday so I'm thinking of tanning a hot dog and a burger when the countdown reaches minutes rather than hours. I've never dared crossover between superbowl snacks and deadline day snacks but I'm feeling well up for a bit of risk based activities so we'll see how that goes later. Think the missus has gin and some kind of elderflower tonic so might even give that a bash depending on how crazy the next couple of hours gets. Microwave salt and sweet popcorn is on standby for any Commons/Stokes/Riordan/Rocastle tidbits of info.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    Do we agree?
    Should we care?
    Looks like you've just started it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    where are you?
    Funny you should ask - currently Kansas City but we are actively trying to purchase a new house in Conroe, just north of Houston.......

Fitba training first then a couple of bottles of red and a selection of crisps and dips.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Is this the unofficial TDD thread then?

I preferred it when we were hapless...

Just had 4 slices of Mother's pride Scottish bread - toasted, some Morrisons spicy chicken pasta and a can of Emerge. Will have to nip out to the local Day & Night for akgtb (after kids go to bed) snacks and drinks.

Funny you should ask - currently Kansas City but we are actively trying to purchase a new house in Conroe, just north of Houston.......
    Im in Spring just south of the Woodlands....

Im in Spring just south of the Woodlands....
    The wife likes that area too as well as Katy and Humble. If the Conroe home doesn't pan out we will continue our search in all of those areas......

The wife likes that area too as well as Katy and Humble. If the Conroe home doesn't pan out we will continue our search in all of those areas......
    Kingwood is very nice....

are you a golfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Just had 4 slices of Mother's pride Scottish bread - toasted, some Morrisons spicy chicken pasta and a can of Emerge. Will have to nip out to the local Day & Night for akgtb (after kids go to bed) snacks and drinks.
    That stuff is as bad as gluten free bread. Can only be consumed toasted.

Kingwood is very nice....

are you a golfer?
    Yes - but absolutely crap since I only started playing at 50 years old.....sometimes I can even hit the ball further than the length of the driver.....

My girlfriend's brother and his family live in Kingwood and we've been over to visit.

Lovely place, really nice.

I think they filmed Tin Cup at one of the golf clubs up there.

Going to be a beautiful 79 here in Dallas. (So should hit the 80s down there in Houston).

But still got a mug of hot tea and a bar of Cadburys.

Working on 2 monitors but reserved the third 27" monitor for the important stuff...Hibs ISpy...

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Just in from work and for starters there's a tube of paprika pringles, a big bag of cheesy Doritos with a sour cream dip and a pizza express sloppy giessupe to be washed down with icy cold appletiser. Might even have a few tinnies seeing as I'm off the morn. Let's do this
    Last edited by .Sean.; 31-01-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

5 degrees here in the fine city, as the locals call it. Still not spotted Grant Holt out and about. Have been unfortunate enough to have bumped into Kyle Lafferty outside Carrow though.

Second round of tea brewing, some jaffa cakes staring me in the face from the cupboard and all, will be taken down after a proper meal.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Houston? He's a tosspot!

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    5 degrees here in the fine city, as the locals call it. Still not spotted Grant Holt out and about. Have been unfortunate enough to have bumped into Kyle Lafferty outside Carrow though.

Second round of tea brewing, some jaffa cakes staring me in the face from the cupboard and all, will be taken down after a proper meal.
    Seemingly he was spied earlier on in Blackburn, letting down the tyres on Stokesy's car.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Sorry, lads. Didn't get a chance to start this thread today and I'm still at work.

Please fight the good fight in my absence.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    My girlfriend's brother and his family live in Kingwood and we've been over to visit.

Lovely place, really nice.

I think they filmed Tin Cup at one of the golf clubs up there.
    Clubs of Kingwood. 5 courses including Deerwood. Is girlfriend from Texas then?

In from work. Out for a run then dinner on, day off tomorrow so a couple of beers I think. Early bed then have a quick check at midnight to see who we have signed. Back to sleep until 4ish. Up, 2 slices of toast and a black coffee, few sandwiches made and stuck in a bag with a book, phone, flask of coffee and some other snacks. Stroll down to ER to join the queue then hopefully tickets sorted in time for a Greggs steakbake and a can of coke before a few hours kip tomorrow afternoon.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I miss UK crisps. When I come to visit Scotland, I get a 10 bags a day habit..
    If I lived in Scotland I'd be a right fatso!

Clubs of Kingwood. 5 courses including Deerwood. Is girlfriend from Texas then?
    Us USA based hibs fans should arrange a meet up one day. Although from the looks of it I am about 1,000 miles + away from you all!

EDIT: 1,600 miles from Morristown to Houston!
    Last edited by Haymaker; 31-01-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    Going to be a beautiful 79 here in Dallas. (So should hit the 80s down there in Houston).

Working on 2 monitors but reserved the third 27" monitor for the important stuff...Hibs ISpy...
    Its still a bit cool, but hoping it warms up in the next few hours with some exciting news from home.......

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post

hey! I live in Dallas! It is a lovely sunny day indeed. You should go to the Dallas Stars game tonight.

By March that's four of us in the Dallas and Houston area - Scottish Cup Final at my hoose..........

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Sorry, lads. Didn't get a chance to start this thread today and I'm still at work.

Please fight the good fight in my absence.

Ffs. Priorities all wrong.