hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morton

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I started watching Hibs 5-0 v Morton was a normal score.
    Until a fella called Ritchie came along, remember him scoring a fair few at ER!
    Last edited by Davy Mac; 20-03-2017 at 09:17 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Morton deserve enormous credit for the season they are having. Duffy had to rebuild his squad over the summer. I don't think they had any forwards on their books apart from a raw Quitongo - and they lost him to injury just when he was starting to look the part.
    They are working on a shoestring budget but Duff has got them well organised, with a lot of quick young players and they could teach us a thing or two from set-pieces.
    Beat them at Easter Road and I'll be breathing easier...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    still got nothing to worry about?
    Watched Morton v QoS recently and they were garbage. Won 1 nil with a deflected goal off Jamie Hamill (enjoyed that) but they will defo raise their game against us. They have a guy on loan from Celtic, Nesbitt I think, who is good and will take a bit of watching. Efe will be able to deal with him. Its a bit ironic but I've heard from a few Morton fans that their Directors are nervous at the prospect of going up. The ground needs a lot of investment and they're concerned they could come straight back down again and have a millstone around their necks. The fans would still be happy but they don't have enough (about 1300+ diehards).

Had a great season, the club and Duffy deserve enormous credit. That said, the reaction of a couple of GMFC supporters I know reminds me a lot of Dundee United fans when they were on that great run. They feel the team is playing with confidence, but not really setting the heather on fire and getting away with it a bit. They've flown under the radar a little so far, but hopefully now that they're in the spotlight the added pressure might tell on them.

I'd like to see them get second place and come up through the play-offs.

Perhaps Morton would be more a worry if they were sitting top and we needed to beat them and win our game in hand to win the league as we have struggled to break teams down. However, Hibs are at their best when other teams don`t sit in and come out to play attacking football - for this reason I believe we will put Morton to bed and get automatic promotion.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Morton are a very good side and on great run of form.

Provided we continue to play the way we are currently playing and win the title, on current form, I'd fancy Morton over 2 legs against any of the rest.
    Bayern Munich are a very good side. Morton are not
    Kicking it in Wellington .

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    By the same token when was our last defeat at home??? Extremely negative outlook mate but ur all over all the threads 2nite with these negative vibes. We've lost once at home all season...yes I agree far too many draws but no need to be this negative

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    We've lost 4 times at home in all comps (twice as many as last season) and came very close on a few occasions. Our home form has been dreadful in comparison to last season.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    We've lost 4 times at home in all comps (twice as many as last season) and came very close on a few occasions. Our home form has been dreadful in comparison to last season.
    I can only recall Ayr in league and QoS in league cup - that's two. League record is w6, D6 lost 1. Too many draws but apart from Dunfermline we were on top for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hulk View Post
    I can only recall Ayr in league and QoS in league cup - that's two. League record is w6, D6 lost 1. Too many draws but apart from Dunfermline we were on top for all of them.
    St Mirren and Brondby.