hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Their crazy cup fixture

So cathro claims he didn't know when the Replay was, calls it crazy and appears shocked at the date.
    Today's papers reporting not only was the date agreed with hertz but chosen by them, confirmed with them and a reminder email sent out to them.
    Shows how much the Gorgie Guardiola is running things down there. Potter and the budgie must have left him on his play station when they sorted that out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I also blame Budge, the daft cow sent out a statement about how they are trying to fit everything in because of this "surprise" replay! They are so arrogant they didn't plan for a replay! Says exactly what you need to know about how they are running that shambles of a club.

Fit it in with what. They have only got league games to worry about. They really are on a different planet to everybody else.

For some reason, this reminds me of McCoist's "who are these people" rant.

Whingeing in public about something you knew all along

Left by mutual consent!
    They assumed a win after going ahead in the first half against lower league opposition. To be fair, only idiots would allow this to happen even once, never mind twice.

Be fair. That is tough run of fixtures, a sacking and a new appointment to fit in over the next few weeks. Busy times at the PBS. They also will have to employ temporary clerical staff to process the direct debit cancellations.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    They've had the past three weeks to sit on their ***** but now seem to think playing two games in a week is crazy. Something is crazy, but it's not the fixture dates.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    When you draw with your opponents on Football Manager do you still have to have a replay like in actual football?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Shock horror. The asbestos stand is open for the replay!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you draw with your opponents on Football Manager do you still have to have a replay like in actual football?
    No, you just enter the cheat code and then progress to the next round. That's why Cathro is so confused.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    No, you just enter the cheat code and then progress to the next round. That's why Cathro is so confused.
    Maybe the plan is for Potter to teach him about football and he can show Potter how to play space invaders and similar games?

Dream team, but I can't help thinking there might be a flaw in the plan?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Budge loves her long winded statements doesn't she.

It's like they are having to reschedule UN conference at short notice. I mean, no programmes will be available due to short notice, bless.

What a shambles of a club. Budge with iron fist approach hiding behind statements, Levein just hiding and taking his huge salary and Cathro looking like someone on a YTS scheme who wants to get back to making the tea and coffee's and getting the bacon rolls in.

Loving it.

Locke didn't know either.

Isn't it normal, in the history of the sport, that replays are played at the next available mid-week opportunity?

I always thought so anyway.

When would they like to play it? a week tomorrow? what difference does it make?

The next round of fixtures are just 2 weeks away!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Isn't it normal, in the history of the sport, that replays are played at the next available mid-week opportunity?

Replays are usually a week and a half after the first game but Hearts can't play Raith next Wednesday as they're playing Rangers in the league.

Something you'd think Cathro would know.

@hibs.net private member
    You just don't save the game and start again. I think that's why he didn't think it was difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    You just don't save the game and start again. I think that's why he didn't think it was difficult.
    Would pulling the batteries out help in any way?

I mean from the laptop, not father doug all as we need to hear from him as much as possible

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Would pulling the batteries out help in any way?

I mean from the laptop, not father dougall as we need to hear from him as much as possible

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I also blame Budge, the daft cow sent out a statement about how they are trying to fit everything in because of this "surprise" replay! They are so arrogant they didn't plan for a replay! Says exactly what you need to know about how they are running that shambles of a club.
    Ah Cat, you misunderstand. It's not arrogance, it's humility. They expected to be gubbed by Raith!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Or they thought they'd get dumped out of the Cup in keeping with their last 5 years record

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post

That used to be the case but, mainly because of TV, changed to the later date many years ago. Ironically, it's because of the winter break, strongly supported by Yams, that they have a fixture, against their nasty cousins, in the following midweek.
    PS, Queens Park are replaying against Ayr tonight, amateurs ken whits going on!

So do they not plan for money-spinning replays anymore

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie70 View Post
    So cathro claims he didn't know when the Replay was, calls it crazy and appears shocked at the date.
    Today's papers reporting not only was the date agreed with hertz but chosen by them, confirmed with them and a reminder email sent out to them.
    Shows how much the Gorgie Guardiola is running things down there. Potter and the budgie must have left him on his play station when they sorted that out.
    He is probably stuck for time on his laptop trying to optimize the ball clutching algorithm just in case they go two goals ahead.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Shock horror. The asbestos stand is open for the replay!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    It'd stood for two world wars but 'couldn't' handle us against Bonnyrigg? Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    He is probably stuck for time on his laptop trying to optimize the ball clutching algorithm just in case they go two goals ahead.
    He does look a bit of a ball clutcher right enough but Nicholson already has that one covered.

Sir Matt Busby

Fantastic work by the Yams to get the main stand opened for the replay ...... you have to wonder if it was shut on Saturday to stop another club having the highest attendance at the PBS for the second season running

If the Yams were unaware that a replay would be scheduled for Wednesday they really have to up their game off the park as well as on it ... anything that might impact on their building schedule would have been at the front of their minds you would have thought ..... tsk tsk very unprofessional

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Fit it in with what. They have only got league games to worry about. They really are on a different planet to everybody else.
    Don't forgot they have the knock out stages of the champions league soon as they have every year. Why else are they building their new 40000 seat superstand.

Left by mutual consent!
    Any sniff of a bit of rain and the game will be off on Wednesday. Guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Be fair. That is tough run of fixtures, a sacking and a new appointment to fit in over the next few weeks. Busy times at the PBS. They also will have to employ temporary clerical staff to process the direct debit cancellations.
    Laughed out loud at that - top marks

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Once in Football Manager I had so much fixture congestion I had to play two games one day after the other. Cathro should have experience of this.