hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If not Hibs

If not Hibs

Wee bit fun..

If you weren't a Hibee and current Scottish Cup Champion (had get that in) who would you support ??

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wee bit fun..

If you weren't a Hibee and current Scottish Cup Champion (had get that in) who would you support ??
    Used to live in Portland Ore, so the Timbers......

Dunfermline. Met my best mate in 1985 when I was 12.he is a pars man.looked out for their results ever since.

the Jags

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Tranent Juniors

1968 my uncles who were jambos took me to hampdump to see the yams win the scottish cup. A young man by the name of Edwards who played for Dunfermline ripped them a new one, in a stunning 3 - 1 victory, so for me it would be the pars.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Hearts. Obviously.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    East Fife or Dundee

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Used to live in Portland Ore, so the Timbers......
    I have a timbers top from a few years back. Adidas too green with white sleeves. It's a stunning top

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Would have likely ended up a Jambo or Sevco fan if i wasn't a hibby.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I have a timbers top from a few years back. Adidas too green with white sleeves. It's a stunning top
    when I was there they were not in MLS and getting crowds of 5,000. I think Michael O'neill played for them around that time - 1999 - 2003
    Now they sell out every season and sounds like quite an atmosphere. Would love to go back and catch a game.

If hibs ceased to exist tomorrow then I'm not sure I would actively support anyone.

If Hibs had never existed then it would be Hearts.

Not really sure of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If hibs ceased to exist tomorrow then I'm not sure I would actively support anyone.

If Hibs had never existed then it would be Hearts.

Not really sure of the question.
    Being brought up in Edinburgh, I would be the same. Its either Hibs or Hearts. When I was too young to go to away games I would go to Tynecastle but never supported them. I was always hibs daft and in my early teens was lucky enough to follow the Tornadoes to most games home and away. My uncle and my Mum were brought up on Leith Walk and he took my to my first game at Easter Rd in 1967 and I was hooked. My dad was brought up in Craiglockhart and his brothers were all hearts but he took me to all the Tornadoes games when he knew I was so keen. I guess if Hibs hadn't existed I would have just supported Hearts, but don't think it would have been the same love affair.
    Never had any affinity for Hearts but that was it - a healthy rivalry.
    Hated rangers with a vengeance because of their dirty tactics and disgusting "fans" like every other Hibs fan. Punching kids with their Dads etc.
    Celtic fans at least didn't go around punching everyone and played entertaining football.
    I guess that was the way it was back then.....

Livie - used to go and watch Meadowbank Thistle alot as boy.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    Wee bit fun..

I have a few other teams that I have season tickets for. LA Galaxy, LA Kings, LA Lakers, LA Clippers and I am going to choose two Fieldside Club seats for the under-construction LAFC stadium in a couple of weeks. I often wear one of my Hibs shirts underneath Kings or Lakers jerseys, although for Lakers I choose a black, purple or white away shirt as Green is not a favored color at the Staples Center due to the Boston Celtics. Kings beat Rangers (no need for "The" in front of this team) in the Stanley Cup in 2014 which was extra nice for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_W3p6RAcM

I would swap all those to be a Hibs season ticket holder and long for hypersonic travel.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    I have a few other teams that I have season tickets for. LA Galaxy, LA Kings, LA Lakers, LA Clippers and I am going to choose two Fieldside Club seats for the under-construction LAFC stadium in a couple of weeks. I often wear one of my Hibs shirts underneath Kings or Lakers jerseys, although for Lakers I choose a black, purple or white away shirt as Green is not a favored color at the Staples Center due to the Boston Celtics. Kings beat Rangers (no need for "The" in front of this team) in the Stanley Cup in 2014 which was extra nice for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_W3p6RAcM

I would swap all those to be a Hibs season ticket holder and long for hypersonic travel.
    Wow how do u have any time left to go pub

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Tranent Juniors..

Shame they play in Maroon..

if not hibs

live in seattle.Seattle Sounders.Season ticket holder>MLS cup holders.2016 .like my Hibs

First Team Regular
    Hearts .
    would never have supported any of the bigot brothers .

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlehibby View Post
    live in seattle.Seattle Sounders.Season ticket holder>MLS cup holders.2016 .like my Hibs
    Glory hunter ;)

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Wow how do u have any time left to go pub
    I can choose from 150+ games to go to per season and sell the rest. I don't need to waste time in pubs when I can drink at games 3 or 4 times per week.

LA Galaxy Champions Lounge food and alcohol included in a bar right inside the players tunnel.

Kings, Lakers and Clippers with Lexus Club membership where nothing is free but food is exceptional, wine is great and liquor is top shelf. Plus you get to buy all the AEG run concert tickets face value.

LAFC will have great lounge facilities too with the same entertainment company behind Golden State Warriors involved as owners.

The craving for watching lots of teams probably comes from not being able to go to Hibs games and nothing replaces that.

Can't imagine supporting anyone else. I hope I wouldn't be interested in football then 😊

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Honestly can't imagine watching anybody else. If it was somebody local then Spartans, i might nip down and see Leeds.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Left by mutual consent!
    Seing as I grew up in Gorgie, it would have to be...

...anybody bar the guunts.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Being brought up in Edinburgh, I would be the same. Its either Hibs or Hearts. When I was too young to go to away games I would go to Tynecastle but never supported them. I was always hibs daft and in my early teens was lucky enough to follow the Tornadoes to most games home and away. My uncle and my Mum were brought up on Leith Walk and he took my to my first game at Easter Rd in 1967 and I was hooked. My dad was brought up in Craiglockhart and his brothers were all hearts but he took me to all the Tornadoes games when he knew I was so keen. I guess if Hibs hadn't existed I would have just supported Hearts, but don't think it would have been the same love affair.
    Never had any affinity for Hearts but that was it - a healthy rivalry.
    Hated rangers with a vengeance because of their dirty tactics and disgusting "fans" like every other Hibs fan. Punching kids with their Dads etc.
    Celtic fans at least didn't go around punching everyone and played entertaining football.
    I guess that was the way it was back then.....
    Exactly the same. My neighbour was a big Hearts fan but used to take me to Easter Road late 60s early 70s because the standard of football was so good. Totally Agree about Rangers fans.

Celtic. Was brought up in leith with my mums side supporting hibs and my dads side supporting Celtic.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    My big brother is a Celtic fan so I may have been influenced by him, although having been brought up in the West of Edinburgh, I'd probably be a merrick.

East Stirling

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I could never feel the same about any other club the way I feel about Hibs so I would probably watch Tranent Juniors when I wanted to take in a game.

Either that or not bother at all.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Probably the gunts, grandad was a jambo and when dad went to college he met some Hibbies and the rest is history.