hibs.net Messageboard

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1525
  1. #1231
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He might have meant the moon is a part of mars from being advised about the giant impact theory where earth and mars collided at some point long ago and the moon formed from the debris. Maybe he believes it.
    Something fishy about that theory. Mars is smaller than Earth, so how could Mars bumping into Earth have made it completely flat?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #1232
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In that case. Heíd have been as well saying that going to the moon is a part of staying on the earth seeing as the theory suggests that each rocky world that orbits the sun came from a super earth.

    Itís quite a stretch though, wouldnít you say?
    I don't know whether those theories are true or not but I think a lot of what Trump tweets is from his advice and not his understanding. I'm not saying he isn't intelligent but I don't think he is as broadly intelligent as he likes us to believe. He has dozens of people whispering knowledge into his ears.

  4. #1233
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something fishy about that theory. Mars is smaller than Earth, so how could Mars bumping into Earth have made it completely flat?

  5. #1234
    3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    46
    Posts
    23,321
    Blog Entries
    4
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know whether those theories are true or not but I think a lot of what Trump tweets is from his advice and not his understanding. I'm not saying he isn't intelligent but I don't think he is as broadly intelligent as he likes us to believe. He has dozens of people whispering knowledge into his ears.
    I think that's just medication (or lack of)

  6. #1235
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,048
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i don't know whether those theories are true or not but i think a lot of what trump tweets is from his advice and not his understanding. I'm not saying he isn't intelligent but i don't think he is as broadly intelligent as he likes us to believe. He has dozens of people whispering utter pish through his ears into the cavity inside his heid.
    ftfy

  7. #1236
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ftfy
    true

  8. #1237
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,545
    Knitters of the world unite 👍

    https://www.ravelry.com/


    In case that you need to join to read it here is the story on the BBC

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/blogs...mpression=true
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  9. #1238
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    61
    Posts
    14,482
    Sir Kim Darroch resigns

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48937120

  10. #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Trump kept pilling on the pressure until the FO gave way. This has Boris's sticky fingers all over it.

  11. #1240
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    17,563
    Brexit Britain to become just another state of The USA.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1241
    President Donald Trump will no longer pursue adding a question on citizenship to the 2020 US census questionnaire. Instead, he'll obtain information on citizenship through other means.

    "As a result of today's executive order we will be able to ensure the 2020 census generates an accurate count of how many citizens, non-citizens and illegal aliens are in the United States of America,"

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48959538

  13. #1242
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,288
    I reported this tweet for racism. Just awaiting twitters normally hastey action in dealing with such matters.


  14. #1243
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,288
    This monsters rhetoric just gets increasingly more terrifying over time.



    You're not allowed to criticize America under Donald Trump. Even although his whole campaign to become president was based on an endless stream of criticism and "making America great again".

    Clearly been taking some advice from his dear friend in North Korea.

  15. #1244
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    17,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This monsters rhetoric just gets increasingly more terrifying over time.



    You're not allowed to criticize America under Donald Trump. Even although his whole campaign to become president was based on an endless stream of criticism and "making America great again".

    Clearly been taking some advice from his dear friend in North Korea.
    I honestly donít think he goes without a fight even if he loses in 2020.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #1245
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly donít think he goes without a fight even if he loses in 2020.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he loses in 2020 the military will have to remove him.

  17. #1246
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,592
    Obviously I want him to lose next year, but seeing his face will be a massive fringe benefit to ending the whole sorry 4 years.

    J

  18. #1247
    His rhetoric is becoming increasingly concerning, even by the standards expected from him. A lot of reference to US 'power' and 'might' and he's mentioned military strength a lot lately.

    I suppose a war and increasingly nationalistic language will sit well with many in his core support and with an election on the horizon it makes sense to pander to them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  19. #1248
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His rhetoric is becoming increasingly concerning, even by the standards expected from him. A lot of reference to US 'power' and 'might' and he's mentioned military strength a lot lately.

    I suppose a war and increasingly nationalistic language will sit well with many in his core support and with an election on the horizon it makes sense to pander to them.
    I was wondering if that was his plan as well then realised he simply doesnít have a plan.

    He just seems to swat at whatever is put in front of him from one day to the next.

    The only concern would be the ability of the Democrats to pick a sensible choice to run against him. If they manage that then surely there is enough semi sane Americans to make sure Trump never darkens our world again....

  20. #1249
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,886
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Trump's grandparents were from Germany.
    His mum was from Scotland
    Two of his three wives have been Eastern European
    Four out of five of his children have a non-American, immigrant parent.

    The people he is telling to go back to their own countries are equally as, if not more, American than him and pretty much his entire family. The only difference is the colour of their skin.

    He is a despicable human being.




    #persevered

  21. #1250
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reported this tweet for racism. Just awaiting twitters normally hastey action in dealing with such matters.

    I think Trump has posted racist tweets, but I don't think this is one.

    What makes you think this is racist?

  22. #1251
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,048
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...iled-integrate

    Well, now he's started talking in this fashion we might as well all do it.
    Last edited by Smartie; 15-07-2019 at 12:23 PM.

  23. #1252
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...iled-integrate

    Well, now he's started talking in this fashion we might as well all do it.
    It'll be interesting to see if the part about uniting opposition proves to be accurate. At the moment, most people, most who have spoken out agree his tweet was wrong, but don't always agree as to why.

  24. #1253
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,569
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trump's grandparents were from Germany.
    His mum was from Scotland
    Two of his three wives have been Eastern European
    Four out of five of his children have a non-American, immigrant parent.

    The people he is telling to go back to their own countries are equally as, if not more, American than him and pretty much his entire family. The only difference is the colour of their skin.

    He is a despicable human being.
    Absolutely right, except the skin colour bit. There's no other species I've seen that looks like this sub species with his jaffa orange that's had botox appearance

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  25. #1254
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly donít think he goes without a fight even if he loses in 2020.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.

  26. #1255
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Trump has posted racist tweets, but I don't think this is one.

    What makes you think this is racist?
    Can't let "THEM" into our country, it's too crowded.

    Who is "them"? Blacks? non-christians? Anybody who dare criticize America? He gets away with tweeting things that no regular poster on twitter would. Why should he be given special privileges?

  27. #1256
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't let "THEM" into our country, it's too crowded.

    Who is "them"? Blacks? non-christians? Anybody who dare criticize America? He gets away with tweeting things that no regular poster on twitter would. Why should he be given special privileges?
    I totally agree.

    His most recent tweets are undeniably offensive and racist and he should be kicked off twitter, the same as anybody else would be.

    I don't know why they don't do it. It wouldn't be a bad bit of publicity if they kicked the most powerful man in the world off their platform, a platform whose credibility is significantly less when there is an inconsistent approach to the tolerance of offensive language.

  28. #1257
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't let "THEM" into our country, it's too crowded.

    Who is "them"? Blacks? non-christians? Anybody who dare criticize America? He gets away with tweeting things that no regular poster on twitter would. Why should he be given special privileges?
    I may be wrong, but I thought that particular tweet was in response to a call to allow undocumented migrants, currently in detention centres, into the USA. Accordingly, the "them" was referring to undocumented migrants.

    Even if it wasn't, however, I'm still not following the logic that that makes it racist. I can't help but feel false assertions of racism can dilute the impact of genuine occurrences for some people.

    I also think banning Trump from Twitter would play into his hands to some extent. It's the responsibility of rational and reasonable people to debate people like Trump in the open and win the argument.

  29. #1258
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,263
    His latest outburst follows his method of operation perfectly. He says something that no right minded person can find acceptable and it confirms to them that he's mad. But there's method in his madness, there's nothing he can do to persuade non racists and ethnic minorities to support him, but he sure as hell can solidify his fan base who lap this kind of talk up. If he loses the next election he's going to jail and like every other megalomaniac before him he'd rather see everything else crash and burn with him than be brought to justice.

  30. #1259
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I may be wrong, but I thought that particular tweet was in response to a call to allow undocumented migrants, currently in detention centres, into the USA. Accordingly, the "them" was referring to undocumented migrants.

    Even if it wasn't, however, I'm still not following the logic that that makes it racist. I can't help but feel false assertions of racism can dilute the impact of genuine occurrences for some people.

    I also think banning Trump from Twitter would play into his hands to some extent. It's the responsibility of rational and reasonable people to debate people like Trump in the open and win the argument.
    It doesn't matter though, does it? The very fact that Trump became president and is still held in such high regard by his followers shows that rational, reasonable people are losing the battle. Thinking has become a thing of the past. It's much easier to follow the braindead rhetoeric of the far-right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His latest outburst follows his method of operation perfectly. He says something that no right minded person can find acceptable and it confirms to them that he's mad. But there's method in his madness, there's nothing he can do to persuade non racists and ethnic minorities to support him, but he sure as hell can solidify his fan base who lap this kind of talk up. If he loses the next election he's going to jail and like every other megalomaniac before him he'd rather see everything else crash and burn with him than be brought to justice.
    Not a chance will he ever be made to step foot in a jail cell. The closest he's ever been and ever will be to a jail cell are those childrens detention camps he visits. He has too much money and creates too many jobs to be treated equally by the legal system.

  31. #1260
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I may be wrong, but I thought that particular tweet was in response to a call to allow undocumented migrants, currently in detention centres, into the USA. Accordingly, the "them" was referring to undocumented migrants.

    Even if it wasn't, however, I'm still not following the logic that that makes it racist. I can't help but feel false assertions of racism can dilute the impact of genuine occurrences for some people.

    I also think banning Trump from Twitter would play into his hands to some extent. It's the responsibility of rational and reasonable people to debate people like Trump in the open and win the argument.
    There are always lines that need to be drawn between what is acceptable and what is unacceptable, they need to be clear and unambiguous.

    If you don't accept certain types of message from the likes of Britain First, you can't accept it from the president of the USA.

    Accepting it from the president empowers the racists all around the world who might ask, with some justification, why their messages are not allowed and his are.
    Last edited by Smartie; 15-07-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved