hibs.net Messageboard

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1494
  1. #1411
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    17,269
    Hope the police had better luck tracking down this leftie with a gun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #1412
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...or ever.

    Left-wing terrorism died a death in the West in the late-70's/mid-80's. Anyone that claims Left and Right are as bad as each other in today's world is either on the wind up or a moron.
    One side: We want to systemically purge all races except white people.

    Centrist: I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to my death your right to say it.

    Other side: We want what that side said to not happen.

    Centrist: I cannot tell these people apart - they are literally as bad as each other!

  4. #1413
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One side: We want to systemically purge all races except white people.

    Centrist: I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to my death your right to say it.

    Other side: We want what that side said to not happen.

    Centrist: I cannot tell these people apart - they are literally as bad as each other!
    I've read that three times and my response is still "Eh??"

  5. #1414
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've read that three times and my response is still "Eh??"
    Think "One Side" is "The Right" and "Other Side" is "The Left" and Diclonius is mocking the idea that they're just as bad as each other.

  6. #1415
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think "One Side" is "The Right" and "Other Side" is "The Left" and Diclonius is mocking the idea that they're just as bad as each other.
    So why is "centrist" a moron?

  7. #1416
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So why is "centrist" a moron?
    Might it be that Diclonius's view is that someone who can't sufficiently distinguish between The Right and Left viewpoints is being a bit moronic?

  8. #1417
    I see he has given Turkey the go ahead to march into Syria and go full steam against the Kurds, throwing the Kurds under the bus and going against his promise to not have Turkish activity in the border region in Syria.

    Erdogan sat back and let ISIS have free reign to advance in Syria, but he has no hesitation in crossing the border to give it to the Kurds.
    Last edited by CloudSquall; 07-10-2019 at 12:17 PM.

  9. #1418
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    17,269
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see he has given Turkey the go ahead to march into Syria and go full steam against the Kurds, throwing the Kurds under the bus and going against his promise to not have Turkish activity in the border region in Syria.

    Erdogan sat back and let ISIS have free reign to advance in Syria, but he has no hesitation in crossing the border to give it to the Kurds.
    Two trump towers in Turkey. None in Kurdistan.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #1419
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    17,269
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/n....co/nfVKZfcwOP

    Lost his case against the release of his tax returns.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #1420
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    33,952
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see he has given Turkey the go ahead to march into Syria and go full steam against the Kurds, throwing the Kurds under the bus and going against his promise to not have Turkish activity in the border region in Syria.

    Erdogan sat back and let ISIS have free reign to advance in Syria, but he has no hesitation in crossing the border to give it to the Kurds.

    sh*t on the Kurds big time he's just allowed a terrorist in a suit and tie launch attacks against the outfit that has lost over 11k men in helping to cleanse parts of the middle east from ISIS.........you utter ******* Trump


    mon the kurds
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 07-10-2019 at 01:41 PM.

  12. #1421
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sh*t on the Kurds big time he's just allowed a terrorist in a suit and tie launch attacks against the outfit that has lost over 11k men in helping to cleanse parts of the middle east from ISIS.........you utter ******* Trump


    mon the kurds
    I read that the Kurds have 10,000 ISIS fighters in detention, what a masterstroke it is to leave them behind and then give Turkey the green light to do as they wish, disaster waiting to happen.

    He's Twitter comments on this are unbelievable, telling everyone it's up to Turkey, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia etc to sort this **** out now as he / the US is done with it.

  13. #1422
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two trump towers in Turkey. None in Kurdistan.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, all hell about to break loose for a Tower -

    https://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trum...oversy-1463536

  14. #1423
    The more I read on it the more peeved off I am.

    After losing 11,000 people in the battle against ISIS and being the ones who initiated the fight back against them (while Turkey sat on it's arse), Trump convinced the Kurds to pull back their defenses from the Turkish border and begin to give up weaponry, only to then abandon them and give the go ahead to Turkey to get stuck in, leaving the Kurds to face losing thousands more while having to continue to detain 10k ISIS fighters by themselves.

  15. #1424
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,782
    When Lindsey Graham speaks out so strongly against a Trump decision, you know something has gone seriously wrong.

  16. #1425
    Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

    As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

  17. #1426
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mock the great and powerful Wizard of Oz?

  18. #1427
    Videos of alleged bombings of Kurdish positions on Twitter already being posted.

  19. #1428
    Turkey has officially started it's campaign with airstrikes raining down on norther Syria now and troops crossing the border, alongside this the Kurds have initiated a "general mobilization" with civilians being called up for a potential war.



    Trump has blood on his hands.

  20. #1429
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,199
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turkey has officially started it's campaign with airstrikes raining down on norther Syria now and troops crossing the border, alongside this the Kurds have initiated a "general mobilization" with civilians being called up for a potential war. Trump has blood on his hands.
    No government in the world in their right minds could possibly think the US can be serious partners after seeing how they have betrayed the Kurds. Chlorinated chicken it is then.

  21. #1430
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No government in the world in their right minds could possibly think the US can be serious partners after seeing how they have betrayed the Kurds. Chlorinated chicken it is then.
    Yep, tells the Kurds to pull back from Turkish border and give up weaponry because the US has there backs, and then packs up his **** and gives the Turks the green light to bomb the hell out of them with US F-16s.

  22. #1431
    I know he'd already lost it, but jesus, he's beyond it now,

    http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/tru...allies-2019-10

    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1182031506237280257


    "Trump on the Kurds: "They didn't help us in the Second World War, they didn't help us with Normandy." He says they're only interested in fighting for "their land." He adds, "With all of that being said, we like the Kurds.""

  23. #1432
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    17,269
    At least after all this we’ll surely never have to listen to Americans going on about their amazing constitution again. If it can’t get rid of this clear criminal and national security threat then it’s not fit for purpose.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #1433
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least after all this we’ll surely never have to listen to Americans going on about their amazing constitution again. If it can’t get rid of this clear criminal and national security threat then it’s not fit for purpose.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brexit and this idiot are proving that a significant minority (majority?) of the population both here and over the pond are quite happy to dispense with the rule of law if it means getting what they want. Don't hold your breath.

  25. #1434
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,327
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sh*t on the Kurds big time he's just allowed a terrorist in a suit and tie launch attacks against the outfit that has lost over 11k men in helping to cleanse parts of the middle east from ISIS.........you utter ******* Trump


    mon the kurds
    Absolutely. I'm no expert, but it seems to me that of all the different groups and nations in the middle east who have appeared on my telly in the last 40 years the Kurds seem to be the most sane, a people who from what I have seen appear to actually genuinely believe in democracy and equality for their people male or female.

    What Trump has done here is one of his more shameful acts, absolutely shafting a people who were integral to the defeat of what the US saw as a 'clear and present danger' to US interests abroad and its internal security. Why would anybody trust the US while that moron is in charge? To think this is the guy the Brexit fanatics are pinning their hopes on for a fair trade deal post Brexit because of some fantasy of a special relationship.

    Folk in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia must be ****ting themselves right now ... after Trumps justification for betraying the Kurds Putin is probably revving up the tanks as I type in the sure and certain knowledge that the US will in all likelyhood do sod all to help NATO if they move on the Baltic states.

  26. #1435
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely. I'm no expert, but it seems to me that of all the different groups and nations in the middle east who have appeared on my telly in the last 40 years the Kurds seem to be the most sane, a people who from what I have seen appear to actually genuinely believe in democracy and equality for their people male or female.

    What Trump has done here is one of his more shameful acts, absolutely shafting a people who were integral to the defeat of what the US saw as a 'clear and present danger' to US interests abroad and its internal security. Why would anybody trust the US while that moron is in charge? To think this is the guy the Brexit fanatics are pinning their hopes on for a fair trade deal post Brexit because of some fantasy of a special relationship.

    Folk in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia must be ****ting themselves right now ... after Trumps justification for betraying the Kurds Putin is probably revving up the tanks as I type in the sure and certain knowledge that the US will in all likelyhood do sod all to help NATO if they move on the Baltic states.
    I wonder if anyone's thought that a European army might be a good idea?

  27. #1436
    Latest Trump tweet...

    "Big day of negotiations with China. They want to make a deal, but do I? I meet with the Vice Premier tomorrow at The White House."

    It's not a game of Wheel of ***** Fortune....

  28. #1437
    The Kurds didn’t help us in ww2 ? He might care to remember that the USA were ‘nutrual until 1941 and only entered the war when a German u-boat sunk an American destroyer. Men like JFK’s dad, Joe we’re dead against it. Then came Pearl Harbour....,,

  29. #1438
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10,799
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Kurds didn’t help us in ww2 ? He might care to remember that the USA were ‘nutrual until 1941 and only entered the war when a German u-boat sunk an American destroyer. Men like JFK’s dad, Joe we’re dead against it. Then came Pearl Harbour....,,
    They'd have had no interest in helping anyone during WW2 until those events happened.

    Since they've discovered that their hideous levels of over-consumption can be fuelled by blasting the f*** out of their own soil and gathering the released energy sources they've been a bit less interested about what happens in the Middle East.

    They'll be getting involved again when that runs out, or when they elect a leader with at least one decent bone in their body.

  30. #1439
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,534
    Also we shafted the Kurds after the first Gulf War. Invited them to rise up, then did nothing to help them as Saddam cracked down on them. A token “no fly zone”.

    Kurds were instrumental in setting up the “2nd front” in the North in the second Gulf War.

    Have been the driving force behind destroying ISIS.

    Now we turn our back on them as our NATO “ally” Turkey bombs **** out of them.

    Shameful. A real low. BTW our special forces are having to pull out also due to not having the US support.

    J

  31. #1440
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also we shafted the Kurds after the first Gulf War. Invited them to rise up, then did nothing to help them as Saddam cracked down on them. A token “no fly zone”.

    Kurds were instrumental in setting up the “2nd front” in the North in the second Gulf War.

    Have been the driving force behind destroying ISIS.

    Now we turn our back on them as our NATO “ally” Turkey bombs **** out of them.

    Shameful. A real low. BTW our special forces are having to pull out also due to not having the US support.

    J
    Our NATO ally Turkey's president is now threatening Europe with opening the floodgates to Europe for 3.5 million Syrian refugees if Europe so much as criticizes Turkey's military action. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Erdogan, Trump and Putin are in cahoots, sowing unrest in Europe would suit all 3 of them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved