Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highlights

Left by mutual consent!

Highlights

Courtesy of SonsTV

https://youtu.be/1pQAKoDs8iU

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Chick Young made it sound like we were getting obliterated during the second half on open all mics. Apart from the Gray header off the line and fat Nade's sitter, we looked comfortable. Yes they made a few chances but Laidlaw wasn't even tested you could argue.

Blog Entries
    Probably careful editing to make them look the team in control. They had about ten chances. I don't think we looked particularly convincing but a win is a win.

Boyle is so wasteful, that would have sealed the game.

A tough venue and team to play, but their chances were half chances and our goalkeeper was not really tested. It's this kind of victory that is sometimes more satisfying - grinding out a result when the team is not firing on all cylinders. As an aside, I quite like their manager (Aitken) he comes across as honest and realistic and is always complimentary of our team.

Blog Entries
    Lewis Vaughan, MOTM for Sons. IIRC we were looking at him a while back then he had a bad injury. Could be worth another look now if he's getting back to his best but not in picture at Raith. Hibby as well I believe!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lewis Vaughan, MOTM for Sons. IIRC we were looking at him a while back then he had a bad injury. Could be worth another look now if he's getting back to his best but not in picture at Raith. Hibby as well I believe!
    Him and his family are big hibs fans. Was on our books when he was younger too.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    We were crap but ground out a result. Thats the encouraging thing.

@hibs.net private member
    Great performance from Scotland's top placed part time team - They made a lot of decent chances and if they'd got the rub of the green you couldn't begrudge them a point from that game.

But Hibees had a lot of chances as well and Commons put one away - that's what counts and I'm well happy with the win from what has proved a tricky venue for a lot of teams.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Great performance from Scotland's top placed part time team - They made a lot of decent chances and if they'd got the rub of the green you couldn't begrudge them a point from that game.

But Hibees had a lot of chances as well and Commons put one away - that's what counts and I'm well happy with the win from what has proved a tricky venue for a lot of teams.

I can only think of 2 clear cut chances we created. One was the goal and the other Boyle put wide.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    Chick Young made it sound like we were getting obliterated during the second half on open all mics. Apart from the Gray header off the line and fat Nade's sitter, we looked comfortable. Yes they made a few chances but Laidlaw wasn't even tested you could argue.
    Sounded like Hibs were fortunate to not draw or worse on HibsTV (audio). Didn't sound like obliteration but didn't sound good, was expecting that equalizer at any second.

Going by that, the better side lost. Notice they could only name 4 subs also.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    Going by that, the better side lost. Notice they could only name 4 subs also.
    The better side did not lose. Whatever our failings were in the game, Dumbarton's were worse. The BBC stats indicate that we marginally deserved to win as we beat them in all the main categories.

Dumbarton are very good team

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    The better side did not lose. Whatever our failings were in the game, Dumbarton's were worse. The BBC stats indicate that we marginally deserved to win as we beat them in all the main categories.
    I did say 'going by that'

According to the highlights I saw we had chances to put the game to bed so it was not as one sided as some on here are making out.

Their manager was very vocal afterwards but I would humbly ask him to look for the score in the paper tomorrow morning -
    Dumbarton 0 Hibernian 1.

Good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    I did say 'going by that'
    No sweat

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Dumbarton are very good team
    They're very organised and on a bobbly narrow pitch that can be very difficult to beat. We've done well.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

That was exactly the sort of match that Hibs would have lost last season.

They were beaten twice at Dumbarton and once at Alloa,

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    That was exactly the sort of match that Hibs would have lost last season.

They were beaten twice at Dumbarton and once at Alloa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    According to the highlights I saw we had chances to put the game to bed so it was not as one sided as some on here are making out.

Their manager was very vocal afterwards but I would humbly ask him to look for the score in the paper tomorrow morning -
    Dumbarton 0 Hibernian 1.

Good enough for me.
    Good enough for me too. Another 13 scrappy 1-0 wins like that will be enough to see us up as Champions.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Good enough for me too. Another 13 scrappy 1-0 wins like that will be enough to see us up as Champions.
    While I think we would all agree a win is a win, we should be out of sight in these games. I find it worrying sometimes that we're not.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    While I think we would all agree a win is a win, we should be out of sight in these games. I find it worrying sometimes that we're not.
    Your a glass half empty kind of guy i'm guessing?

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Don't disagree with you but our bottom line is winning enough games to get promotion. Dumbarton are not that bad a side, especially on their own patch under almost public park conditions. I reckon a few teams will struggle there and we have now done our stint

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Don't disagree with you but our bottom line is winning enough games to get promotion. Dumbarton are not that bad a side, especially on their own patch under almost public park conditions. I reckon a few teams will struggle there and we have now done our stint

Brag alert:I spoke to NL immediately after the game.He was visibly exhausted."That was VERY tough" he said.
    In post match interview he was highly complimentary of Dumbarton and their manager as I recall.
    They really faught for everything and were not too short on skill either IMO especially no23.Part timers too remember so credit where its due (without intending to be patronising)
    Thankfully we had enough about us to hold out.

Onwards and upwards.

Left by mutual consent!
    That looked really close at the end (11:40) where it seemed (from the angle shown) that Nade could've/should've scored ?.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    I think your mistake here is placing any credence in that clown's opinion.

Why should we be out of sight in these games?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Why should we be out of sight in these games?
    Well perhaps he means that as a full-time club with a bigger squad /budget etc we could be expected to play with a bit more punch/imagination and at a higher tempo than we managed on Saturday?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Dundee United and Falkirk have both gone there and lost. I'm delighted with a 1-0.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Dundee United and Falkirk have both gone there and lost. I'm delighted with a 1-0.
    Agree totally and United losing there twice is the exact lead we have over them. Huge result on Saturday IMO.