hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings

Player ratings

Thought I would get it started

Laidlaw - 8 - very comfortable and confident in everything he done and a good save at the end

Gray - 8 - solid
    Mcgregor - 8 - solid
    Hanlon - 8- solid
    Stevenson - 8 - solid

Bartley - 10 - nothing for past him at all. Superb.
    Mcgeouch -8- nice and busy in midfield, distributed the ball well

Humphrey - 9- exactly what we have missed, superb.
    Commons - 7 - never really done much but was part of a good team performance
    Boyle - 8- great workrate but frustrated me with his lack of composure in the final 3rd. Constant threat none the less

Cummings -10- standard Jason, he scores goals. Superb.

Mcginn -9- sheer class when he came on

2. Log in to remove the advert

A team and managenent performance of 10.

Every player was disciplined and done their job. The reason they were able to do that was they were set up in a way that played to their strengths and they clearly undertsood what was asked of them.

I've been a critic in recent weeks but I've always given my opinion as I see it. When we play poorly I'll say so and likewise when we play well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Agree with all except Commons deserves an 8 as well purely for having the ability to consistently put in a good ball. Had he been taking the corners in that Falkirk game at Easter Road this season I'm confident we would have scored from at least one of them.

Laidlaw- 8- kicking was good all night and made a great stop at 2-0, deserved to keep his place
    Stevenson-8- was brilliant tonight , asked to defend and defend he did, great passing also.
    Gray-7- strolled it
    Hanlon&mgregor-8- has become the norm for these guys, pissed it.
    Mcgeogh-7- quite but effective
    Bartley-9.5- outstanding, must be a nightmare to play against
    Boyle-8.5- questioned his selection from the start but had a great game and never give their defence a minutes peace
    Humphreys-9- been crying out for a winger who could beat a man and cross a ball , he certainly delivered
    Commons-7.5- steady game
    Cummings-10- brilliant tonight, looks hungrier, fitter and in typical Cummings fashion , he scores 2 goals only he could score

Brilliant performance from the team. Best so far this season. However, I can't agree with the Cummings mark. He got two goals, brilliant but off the ball he was murder. Seemed to piss and moan a lot and not want to make any challenges. Holt was trying to give him advice on more than one occasion and he didn't want to listen.

I like Cummings, I just think his work rate is piss poor. I know people won't agree with this but it's an opinion and we know what folk say about opinions.

First Team Regular
    Laidlaw - 9 For me that save is the key moment in the second half. It goes in and it's panic stations.

Defence - all get an 8 solid

Midfield all get an 8 bar Boyle and Bartley who were outstanding 10

JC35 - 9 two great finishes and starting get the swagger back.

Lennon 10. Said it last week that Falkirk result could be a turning point in our season and I'm sticking with it. He's got us 4 points clear and seems to have cracked it tonight. Post match interview was great as well. This man loves pressure and he may be starting to thrive in it.

Mon the hibees, more of that every week please 👏👏🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree with all except Commons deserves an 8 as well purely for having the ability to consistently put in a good ball. Had he been taking the corners in that Falkirk game at Easter Road this season I'm confident we would have scored from at least one of them.
    Seeing Commons and Humphreys whip in a few decent crosses /set pieces into the box made tonight feel wholly better as a rounded team performance (amongst many other positives)

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Laidlaw - 9 - everyone was confident giving him the ball, and made there only real save he was asked to make.

Gray - 8 - Brilliant defensive header in the 6 yard box in the first half...solid all night
    Mcgregor - 8 - bleeds green
    Hanlon - 8- composed and assertive
    Stevenson - 9 - LS's best game in weeks...set up the 2nd with an amazing tackle/interception

Bartley - 10 - tackled , passed and ran with the ball...awesome.
    Mcgeouch -8- nice and busy in midfield, distributed the ball well

Humphrey - 9- perfect debut first half..faded a bit in the 2nd...but excellent.
    Commons - 7 - always an outlet and unlocking with the shot that was blocked by a defender.
    Boyle - 8- I,love the squirrel..loses there ball a bit and lacks composure but he scares the crap out of defenders.

Cummings -9 - scores goals

Mcginn -9- jinky, little genius

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Laidlaw - 8.5

Gray - 8.5
    Hanlon - 8
    McGregor - 8
    Stevenson - 8.5

Bartley - 9
    McGeoch - 8
    Commons - 8

Humphry - 8
    Boyle 8.5
    Cummings - 8.5

Hibs as a team - 11.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Brilliant performance from the team. Best so far this season. However, I can't agree with the Cummings mark. He got two goals, brilliant but off the ball he was murder. Seemed to piss and moan a lot and not want to make any challenges. Holt was trying to give him advice on more than one occasion and he didn't want to listen.

I like Cummings, I just think his work rate is piss poor. I know people won't agree with this but it's an opinion and we know what folk say about opinions.
    Holt ??? he wasn't even on the park..was he doing this from the sidelines...??

Laidlaw - 7 - Fought through the boredom and stayed focused well with a great save. Kicking and distribution has come on leaps and bounds. A more solid presence between the sticks.

Gray - 7 - Did what he had to do with no fuss
    McGregor - 8 - Scarcely troubled, had the Utd forwards in his pocket.
    Hanlon - 8 - See McGregor
    Stevenson - 8 - Decent game. Playing with two wide men took the attacking pressure of him, and as a result he looked a more accomplished full bck.

Bartley - 10 - Deserved MOM. An absolute masterclass in defensive midfield play.
    McGeouch - 7 - Tidy and busy, probably had to work harder rather than pick a pass, especially in first half as Utd had more personnel in middle.
    Humphrey - 8 - Are you free Mr Humphreys? I'm free- to destroy United's defence at will in the first half. Needed more of the ball in the second, but credit to Lenny for acting decisively to provide what we've been screaming for from the stands for three years.
    Commons - 6 - Pretty anoymous and off the pace, but did nothing wrong.
    Boyle - 8 - He was threat with pace and always wanted the ball. Final touch often poor though.
    Cummings - 9 - Cumming did what Cummings does best. Two sharp predators goals.
    McGinn - 9- Looks roght back up to speed already, and a Stokesy cup final tribute goal into the bargain.

Lennon - 10 - Can't argue with line up, tactics or use of sub. Think he smelt United blood after the Dumbrton reverse and went for the throat, had us first to every ball, hunting them down, making them look jittery. Gave them more of the ball in the second half, so we could break and use the pace to punish them. On another day we could have won five-nil.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Everyone was tremendous! Our best all round performance since the 21/05/16!

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Holt ??? he wasn't even on the park..was he doing this from the sidelines...??
    Aye, spoke to him a few times but jc just blanked him and toddled off. Holt just looked as if he was banging his head off a brick wall.

9 for the whole team. bar an 8 for dylan.

Come on mate.

Scores 2 goals.

Was playing upfront by himself and was trying to hold off a defender near enough twice his size, and did so on numerous occasions. Done the simple things well.

I find it staggering how someone can fault his work rate after that.

I think he's an easy target for that accusation.

Not wanting to make tackles? What? He never shirked any tackles it's hardly his role to go about tackling folk. Yes I understand you have to defend from the front and put defenders under pressure, which he did.

He was frustrated with himself near the end when he found himself in 2 good positions and it never came off, he just wanted his hat trick.

If anything Cummings should be giving holt advice.

Boyle was outstanding tonight as was Bartley

They're often pish?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    10 across the board.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Laidlaw - 8 - Did what he needed to do when required.

Gray - 8 - Same for all the defence - all looked very strong tonight.
    McGregor - 8
    Hanlon - 8
    Stevenson - 8 - Both he and Gray looked all the better for being played as defenders.

Bartley - 10 - Best performance from a Hibs player this season.
    McGeouch - 7
    Humphrey - 9 - Two assists, even if one was a little bit fortunate and caused them no ends of problems.
    Commons - 7 - Supposedly was a doubt after having had the flu this week - a little off the pace but understandable.
    Boyle - 6.5 - attitude and pace great, no final ball is infuriating.

Cummings - 7.5 - Two very good goals but should have had four or five. Maybe being selfish but he can be even better in time.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Have to disagree with this, I thought Cummings worked harder tonight than he has done for a long time! Normally he's just strolling about the park but tonight he really put a shift in, tracking back etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Come on mate.

Scores 2 goals.

Was playing upfront by himself and was trying to hold off a defender near enough twice his size, and did so on numerous occasions. Done the simple things well.

I find it staggering how someone can fault his work rate after that.

I think he's an easy target for that accusation.

Not wanting to make tackles? What? He never shirked any tackles it's hardly his role to go about tackling folk. Yes I understand you have to defend from the front and put defenders under pressure, which he did.

He was frustrated with himself near the end when he found himself in 2 good positions and it never came off, he just wanted his hat trick.
    Totally agree with this ! Jason was outstanding tonight , we better enjoy him while he is here as he will certainly move on to bigger and better things

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    9 for the whole team. bar an 8 for dylan.
    Thought Dylan had a great game, perfect foil for Bartley.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Thought Dylan had a great game, perfect foil for Bartley.
    Thank god for that I thought it was just me that saw that

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Every player was disciplined and done their job. The reason they were able to do that was they were set up in a way that played to their strengths and they clearly undertsood what was asked of them.

I've been a critic in recent weeks but I've always given my opinion as I see it. When we play poorly I'll say so and likewise when we play well.
    Saved me the bother.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Keeper was solid and a good save

Defense was good with Hanlon excellent

Midfield worked hard with Bartley nullifying andreau and McGeouch was also excellent.

Humphreys touch past Dixon was worth the entrance fee alone, great cross what an assist!

Boyle was a threat but could have done better, worked very hard.

Probably the most mature performance from JC I've seen up until his last 10 minutes, great finishes and played well.

McGinn is just class!

Lennon deserves a lot of credit for tonight's set up and result.

Laidlaw - 7 - very comfortable and confident in everything he did and a good save near the end

Gray - 7 - solid
    Mcgregor - 8 - solid
    Hanlon - 8- solid
    Stevenson - 7 - solid

Bartley - 9 - does the tough stuff. Grafted, fought, poor guy took a lot of kicks & hits, was limping heavily before half time but managed to get through the game even after more rough treatment in the second half
    McGeouch - 7 - a bit quieter tonight, distributed the ball well as usual, head up, class player

Humphrey - 7 - great control and cross for the 2nd goal, struggled as the second half wore on.
    Commons - 7 - was giving advice to Cummings throughout, still struggling for match fitness but will continue to improve
    Boyle - 8 - great pace and workrate, lack of composure at times

Cummings - 8 - took his goals well and timed the run for the second well

McGinn - 9 - Drove the team forward like he had never been gone, think the rest will have done him good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Laidlaw - 7 - Fought through the boredom and stayed focused well with a great save. Kicking and distribution has come on leaps and bounds. A more solid presence between the sticks.

Gray - 7 - Did what he had to do with no fuss
    McGregor - 8 - Scarcely troubled, had the Utd forwards in his pocket.
    Hanlon - 8 - See McGregor
    Stevenson - 8 - Decent game. Playing with two wide men took the attacking pressure of him, and as a result he looked a more accomplished full bck.

Bartley - 10 - Deserved MOM. An absolute masterclass in defensive midfield play.
    McGeouch - 7 - Tidy and busy, probably had to work harder rather than pick a pass, especially in first half as Utd had more personnel in middle.
    Humphrey - 8 - Are you free Mr Humphreys? I'm free- to destroy United's defence at will in the first half. Needed more of the ball in the second, but credit to Lenny for acting decisively to provide what we've been screaming for from the stands for three years.
    Commons - 6 - Pretty anoymous and off the pace, but did nothing wrong.
    Boyle - 8 - He was threat with pace and always wanted the ball. Final touch often poor though.
    Cummings - 9 - Cumming did what Cummings does best. Two sharp predators goals.
    McGinn - 9- Looks roght back up to speed already, and a Stokesy cup final tribute goal into the bargain.

Lennon - 10 - Can't argue with line up, tactics or use of sub. Think he smelt United blood after the Dumbrton reverse and went for the throat, had us first to every ball, hunting them down, making them look jittery. Gave them more of the ball in the second half, so we could break and use the pace to punish them. On another day we could have won five-nil.
    Pretty well sums up individual performances albeit hope you don't mind if I upgraded Commons to a 7.5 as I thought he was instrumental with linking up with JC and Humphrey in the first half. Apart from that spot on!!!

Glory Glory

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Laidlaw 8

Gray 8
    Hanlon 8
    McGregor 8.5
    Stevenson 7.5. Had the chance to play someone in when we broke late on but he is seemingly unable to strike the ball with his right foot, even in emergencies. Great game otherwise.

Humphrey 8. Outstanding first half, seemed to fade a bit in the second. Looks very promising.
    Bartley 10.
    McGeouch 9
    Boyle 8. Best I've seen him play, looked really dangerous. Final product lacking a wee bit perhaps.

Cummings 8

McGinn 10

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Spot on. We looked so balanced and structured in attack yet lost none of our defensive solidity. Tactics and line up perfect tonight, long may it continue.