hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Lennon

Mr Lennon

He has had a lot of critics in the support so far so I think it's only fair he takes a lot of credit from tonight's win , he had seen that we needed width and pace , went and brought in humphreys who has been brilliant in the first half tonight , brought in Bartley also who was our man if the match in my opinion . Jason cumming looked a lot hungrier and fitter tonight and I think this has to do with Lennon leaving him out the starting 11 for a while , well done Lennon

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well said

Massive credit to Lennon tonight. Took a gamble by changing a winning formation and line up but it worked perfectly. A game we dominated from start to finish. Totally annihilated United tonight

The hysterics regarding our manager needs to stop. Some will never take to him and are within their rights I suppose but he's got us top of the league and 4 points ahead.

The last 3 games were massive in the context of our season and we took 7 points (realistically should have been 9 - we were robbed against Raith)

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    I'm not his number one fan, but I've moved up the ladder a bit.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think he took a gamble. He used his experience and knowledge to outfox and outwit the united manager

Lennon is showing that he can see what we need to win this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kept his head when people who thought they knew better than him were losing theirs.

He's a good manager- and is proving it.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Credit where it's due. Signed a player we needed before the window even opened. Played the right formation and the players were clearly motivated to win for him. Delighted with where we sit now, he's certainly pulled it out the bag the last two games.

@hibs.net private member Lang Toun Hibs's Avatar
    I'm delighted - if we perform like that week in week out, no one will cope with us.

I always think the true test of a manager is to turn things around when the going gets tough. I think Lennon has been able to do that after a bit of a sticky period. 6 points from last two tough games is a great return, and a return to real form tonight. Time for McKinnon to try and do the same, hope it takes him a while!

The change in tactics was welcome given that it delivered what we been asking for on here for two and a half years.

Possibly he hasn't felt able to do so before now due to the personnel available, but he will get us promoted with that width and tempo.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    On the money tonight, that was an excellent performance. Well done NL and staff.

Credit where credit is due. Set-up and player choice was absolutely spot on today. Seems as though he has recruited well during January so far also.

4 points clear and a massive goal difference things are looking very rosy compared to just a few weeks back!

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not his number one fan, but I've moved up the ladder a bit.
    +1

Left by mutual consent!
    Showing his worth to Hibs as a manager and tonight we performed when it mattered!

The performance had it all. Skill, desire, great goals and a convincing win which should have been 5-0 from the chances we created.

I think Lennon has shown he can work with a squad and change it around with success. Now it looks like he handled the Cummings situation perfectly. Tonight it was great to see pace and dangerous intent from both wings.

Lennon could build something here at Hibs. look at what he is starting with a Scottish Cup Winning side, selling out a 20,000 capacity stadium with no Hearts derby or Glasgow teams involved. Is this the moment we have been waiting for, Is this where Hibs fufill their huge potential?

With Lennon in charge i think it could be.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Lenny is a brilliant manager. Happy he is getting the plaudits he deserves at last! Hope we can keep him.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think the first half of the season was as good as it should have been particularly after the start we had. He has been a bit unlucky with injuries and has looked like he was rolling the dice on occasions to see what his best team is. I thought his interview after the game was very good. He said they had been in two minds about Humphrey starting and also whether to start JC as he was worried about his ability to play up front on his own. He does deserve credit for bouncing back though and the last two games have been crucial. Humphrey and Commons both look like they could be decent signings but you have to wonder why he left it to half way through the season to sign a pacy winger. He could have phoned any season ticket holder up and been told we were crying out for pace in wide areas.

All in all we are where we should be with our resources. He is doing the job he is paid to do and has done very well in the last few weeks. He said he took a gamble on team selections tonight and there is no doubt the roll of the dice worked. I was pretty neutral about him joining us and he is winning me over very slowly. I like the way he talks after games and he looks like he has worked out that pace out wide is crucial in this league. That took too long but it will hopefully be in time.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Lenny is a brilliant manager. Happy he is getting the plaudits he deserves at last! Hope we can keep him.
    Absolutely agree.

My gut feeling is that he loves it here and will relish pushing for and competing in Europe once we're up.

I think he'll be here for 4 or 5 years.

Testimonial Due
    Confidence in yourself is a great asset & I think NL had never doubted for a second he has the skills required to get a team out on the park that will win automatic promotion this season.

His man management of Cummings now looks to be paying dividends and his signings are starting to make a difference as well.

Commons is a no brainer as a quality signing who even with a cold tonight looked a cut above with his vision and awareness. Holy has been a bit hit and miss but I like the big guy and he always looks to be working hard although at times I think he's lacked a bit of service. Shinnie is a quality player as well. As for Humphrey well on tonight's debut he could be a major player, two debut assists is not to be sneezed at.

Tactics wise he showed again tonight he's not afraid to mix it up and adapt to what a particular game requires.

He also speaks well but isn't afraid to say it like it is either.

His stock rose again dramatically tonight as far as I'm concerned.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post

His man management of Cummings now looks to be paying dividends and his signings are starting to make a difference as well.
    Cummings is scoring less regularly, albeit only 10 minutes playing time per goal more, than he was before he was dropped and that is after a brace tonight. Not sure how that is paying dividends but at least it looks like his man management hasn't done any harm. Lennon is due credit for the last couple of results and for getting us 4 points clear but not sure how much credit he should get for dropping Jason.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunning Hibs View Post
    I'm delighted - if we perform like that week in week out, no one will cope with us.

I always think the true test of a manager is to turn things around when the going gets tough. I think Lennon has been able to do that after a bit of a sticky period. 6 points from last two tough games is a great return, and a return to real form tonight. Time for McKinnon to try and do the same, hope it takes him a while!
    Totally agree - by far THE best performance I've seen from a hibs-team in a long, long time !!

Only complaint - WHY don't they play like that EVERY game ?. If they had - from the start of the season - those that went on and on about 'Skooshing the league', at the start of the season, would've been justified !

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Sportsound podcast from tonight. Lennon post match interview from 14 mins.

If anyone still has doubts that he is the best man for the job then just listen to him.

He gets it. Plain and simple.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04nmsq8#play
    Last edited by WhileTheChief..; 07-01-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Tonight, for me, was a defining moment for Lennon as Hibs manager. He got everything absolutely spot on and in the process, I'm sure, gotten a few more of his doubters and critics onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Tonight, for me, was a defining moment for Lennon as Hibs manager. He got everything absolutely spot on and in the process, I'm sure, gotten a few more of his doubters and critics onboard.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Lennon was brave - and positive in his selection last night - and was suitably rewarded. More of the same until season end will deliver what we all desire.

Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    He has had a lot of critics in the support so far so I think it's only fair he takes a lot of credit from tonight's win , he had seen that we needed width and pace , went and brought in humphreys who has been brilliant in the first half tonight , brought in Bartley also who was our man if the match in my opinion . Jason cumming looked a lot hungrier and fitter tonight and I think this has to do with Lennon leaving him out the starting 11 for a while , well done Lennon
    Well said.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Sportsound podcast from tonight. Lennon post match interview from 14 mins.

If anyone still has doubts that he is the best man for the job then just listen to him.

He gets it. Plain and simple.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04nmsq8#play
    Thanks for sharing that, it was a good listen. Tom English is a pretty good listen too and usually talks sense and highly of Hibs also.

Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    What is it that makes you keep posting how brilliant he is? Please expand

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Absolutely agree.

My gut feeling is that he loves it here and will relish pushing for and competing in Europe once we're up.

I think he'll be here for 4 or 5 years.
    Your right he loves it here.. Weggie free!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post

All those who say that he isn't interested, doesn't want to be here, has lost the dressing room blah blah...Did you see his reaction when Jase (a player who he's mismanaged, doesnt get on with etc...) was walking off the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Cummings is scoring less regularly, albeit only 10 minutes playing time per goal more, than he was before he was dropped and that is after a brace tonight. Not sure how that is paying dividends but at least it looks like his man management hasn't done any harm. Lennon is due credit for the last couple of results and for getting us 4 points clear but not sure how much credit he should get for dropping Jason.
    Steady!

The look on Neil Lennon's face at full time was of pure delight. I agree with previous posters who say he's connecting into the Hibs vibe. He also seems to have the respect and faith of the squad. Long may it continue!