Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Official Site: DUNDEE UNITED MATCH SOLD OUT

2. Log in to remove the advert

Go on the Hibees!

@hibs.net private member
    C'mon Hibs

Coaching Staff
    Boooo!!

Let's do this Hibs. We can take a big step towards winning the league tomorrow IMO.

Testimonial Due
    LIES!

hibslies.jpg

Edit: Ok, it's gone, NOW it's sold out.

As much as I'm desperate for the club to return to the SPL who would have guessed how big our crowds would build prior to achieving promotion?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I'm desperate for the club to return to the SPL who would have guessed how big our crowds would build prior to achieving promotion?
    Playing for something is exciting.

I think crowds might drop if we went up. We'd soon be looking for heads if we weren't top 3!

Fans of other teams I know like Patrick prefer it when they are top end of the lower league than mid to bottom of top league.

This is why a league without Celtic and Rangers would work big time. A handful of teams at least playing for the league each year would create proper interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I think crowds might drop if we went up. We'd soon be looking for heads if we weren't top 3!

Fans of other teams I know like Patrick prefer it when they are top end of the lower league than mid to bottom of top league.

This is why a league without Celtic and Rangers would work big time. A handful of teams at least playing for the league each year would create proper interest.
    Agree 100% Andy. Others wont though
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

Spot on. Those predicting Armageddon when oldco went bust were sadly disappointed.

Now for the team to match the fans.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Well done everyone. Hope for an electric ER atmosphere to blow the pretenders away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Spot on. Those predicting Armageddon when oldco went bust were sadly disappointed.

Now for the team to match the fans.
    Scottish football would be fine without them. Look at crowds we are getting in a league with no old firm. When was the last time Dundee Utd brought 2500 fans to Easter Rd in prem lg?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Doesn't need to be without them. We just need a more even distribution of the wealth so they don't have the financial power to step in and weaken any team that is a challenge to their comfort zone. They've done it for years. A bit of fairness in the official side of the game would go a long way too.
    I'd wouldn't mind playing both the OF teams in a league with an even financial distribution and on a neutral refereeing basis. If they move to a bigger pond it would definitely dilute any 'Premier League' win with them not in contention. If they both did a Gretna, well that would work.
    Ah, maybe someday.
    Last edited by snooky; 05-01-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Pity we have chosen to leave empty seats in the south stand but to sell out the three home stands for a Championship match 2 weeks after Christmas, that's live on TV on a Friday night is pretty damn impressive.

Not bad for a wee team!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Agree 100% Andy. Others wont though
    I also think it would work to J, sadly we will never get the chance to see it happen, as we are stuck with the Rangers & Celtc as no one will ever take them, they can make noises about going down to England or European leagues, it will never happen for them.

How can it be sold out when there is still empty seats in the away end.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    How can it be sold out when there is still empty seats in the away end.
    We have Sold out all the Seats we can minus the ones that will be empty in the South ( different views on why this has come about ) and minus Season ticket Holders that dont turn up and couldnt be arsed teleasing thier seat for someone else So the Sell Out will still be possibly still have over two thousand empty seats
    But we will be there roaring the boys onto Victory so i am going to stop fretting about Walk Ups that cant get in
    I had intended bringing a few extra through and thougjt i could leave it to the last minute and walk up to the South But realised on Wednesday that was probably not on and got two on line So just be me and my Daughter now , but looking forward to this one

Dundee Utd tweeted over 400 tickets remain from their 600 extra allocated which can be bought pay at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Dundee Utd tweeted over 400 tickets remain from their 600 extra allocated which can be bought pay at the gate.
    I don't know why Hibs don't just tell Dundee Utd that as many fans as it takes to fill up the rest of the south stand can purchase tickets up until kick off, since the decision's been made that there's to be no home fans in that stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I don't know why Hibs don't just tell Dundee Utd that as many fans as it takes to fill up the rest of the south stand can purchase tickets up until kick off, since the decision's been made that there's to be no home fans in that stand.
    Agree if you were a united fan you would be put off going as its worded as 400 and not a ticket more. Defo couple of cock ups with the tickets, a sell out in the 3 home stands but it should have been a 100% not a seat left game. Own goal hibs

Did Utd pay for the extra 600 tickets upfront?

Anyone without a ticket pay at the gate in the Utd end, once in move round to the bit where they're not sitting. Sorted

First Team Breakthrough
    Im a student season ticket holder but i am away for the week. I gave my season ticket to my friend (who is also a student and has a valid id card) but i've been reading recently that people are getting cards confiscated because of the difference in names. Is there any way he can swap my ST for a paper ticket without me being there??

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBru22 View Post
    Im a student season ticket holder but i am away for the week. I gave my season ticket to my friend (who is also a student and has a valid id card) but i've been reading recently that people are getting cards confiscated because of the difference in names. Is there any way he can swap my ST for a paper ticket without me being there??
    As long as you're swapping with someone who's the same gender as you, it should be fine.

Have you verified your studentness with Hibs already?

First Team Breakthrough
    As long as you're swapping with someone who's the same gender as you, it should be fine.
    I thought they check the name on season ticket against the name on student card?

I thought they check the name on season ticket against the name on student card?
    I wouldn't have thought they would do that at the turnstiles. They would only do that at the ticket office when you're purchasing tickets.

As far as I'm aware, it's not a condition of entry to carry your student card with you to a game. You need to show it to receive the season ticket in the first place but not at each match.

With the big crowd I doubt these checks will take place.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    A sell out on...

Cold winter Friday night
    Live on the tv
    In the Championship
    Involving a team outwith Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, or Europe

Bloody right it's impressive!!

10/10 from the fans! Teams would kill to have the kind of fan base we have!

First Team Breakthrough
    I wouldn't have thought they would do that at the turnstiles. They would only do that at the ticket office when you're purchasing tickets.

As far as I'm aware, it's not a condition of entry to carry your student card with you to a game. You need to show it to receive the season ticket in the first place but not at each match.
    Past 5 or so games ive had my student card checked at the turnstile