hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time for Heroes DVD

Whilst there's a thread mentioning issues with certain discs etc etc but this merits a thread of its own.

Disc 1 is to most beautiful, astounding, emotional thing ever committed to film whether film or documentary, fiction or non.

GGTTH on the piano taps into a hitherto undiscovered nerve that's directly connected to my tear ducts. Petrie choking up as well.

Wonderful cinema.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I would be inclined to agree!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst there's a thread mentioning issues with certain discs etc etc but this merits a thread of its own.

Disc 1 is to most beautiful, astounding, emotional thing ever committed to film whether film or documentary, fiction or non.

GGTTH on the piano taps into a hitherto undiscovered nerve that's directly connected to my tear ducts. Petrie choking up as well.

Wonderful cinema.

I second that emotion...

Do we ever play Time for Heroes by the Libertines before the games? Never arrive early enough to know.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    So erm.... Is the DVD still available? Can't see it on the shop website.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Do we ever play Time for Heroes by the Libertines before the games? Never arrive early enough to know.
    I've never heard it, but I'm not usually that early. Would be a great tune though to play 👍

Newry the dvd was still on sale in the shop at our last home game

Wonderful cinema.
    Reading your post had me nearly greetin'! Agree with everything you said 100%

Wonderful cinema.

have to agree with you 100%.

I bought it for my son when it first came out and even he cried when he watched it..... couldnt believe Petrie was so emotional.

A great bit of work loved by so many!

The women in our family have little interest in football, but they were all captivated by the Hibs DVD. They love a good documentary and this ranks up there with the best.

The DVD & great story of Hibs quest transcends football

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    So erm.... Is the DVD still available? Can't see it on the shop website.
    Out of stock. I emailed and they replied yesterday saying they will be getting more in, and just to keep an eye on the website.

The fact that I am buying my own copy after waiting for Christmas is the final proof that Santa is a useless, selfish ****er.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Out of stock. I emailed and they replied yesterday saying they will be getting more in, and just to keep an eye on the website.

The fact that I am buying my own copy after waiting for Christmas is the final proof that Santa is a useless, selfish ****er.
    😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    have to agree with you 100%.

I bought it for my son when it first came out and even he cried when he watched it..... couldnt believe Petrie was so emotional.

A great bit of work loved by so many!
    Was it the thought of milking the cup win for all the cash that he could that brought a tear to his eye?

I do agree with the OP though. I love the DVD and it had me greetin again

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar

This!

I was in the club shop today and I overheard the gadgie telling someone we'd sold 12,000.

Got it for my son as an Xmas present, we've still to watch it. Work and other things have been in the way.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    One moment in particular that had the hairs standing was listening to Alan Stubbs geeing up the players for extra time in the semi. Not something you really get to see, and was a powerful watch.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    One moment in particular that had the hairs standing was listening to Alan Stubbs geeing up the players for extra time in the semi. Not something you really get to see, and was a powerful watch.
    compared to the United boys who looked disinterested.

Coaching Staff

Got as a christmas present from my Son and its TERRIFIC!

There will be no greater DVD ever.

Watched the DVD at 9pm on Xmas Day and enjoyed it that much I watched it again at 9pm on Boxing Day. An absolute classic. Jason Cummings superb and the rest of the team/squad/management staff equally as good. A great bit of business form the club as well and just to top it off my wife (who is a jambo) bought me the DVD for my Xmas. GGTTH !!

Coaching Staff
    Thought it was rubbish. You could pretty much tell from the beginning what was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Plunkett View Post
    Watched the DVD at 9pm on Xmas Day and enjoyed it that much I watched it again at 9pm on Boxing Day. An absolute classic. Jason Cummings superb and the rest of the team/squad/management staff equally as good. A great bit of business form the club as well and just to top it off my wife (who is a jambo) bought me the DVD for my Xmas. GGTTH !!
    wondering how many Hibee Christmas days finished with the DVD on the tv? Agree the moment with the slow GGTTH is really emotional, especially with a few Blanton Bourbons inside me. The scenes of the crowd reacting to the winning goal is simply marvelllous and I cant get enough of that scene with Logan in front of thousands of Hibees cheering the first goal.

It's back on now. No need for Stubbsys Everton top though That team photo knowing what they went on to win. The Big Dom goal at Starks, Greegsy scoring with his feet . Would love Doolan back too. Have a feeling he will be a top manager.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Even the trailer gets me going....

https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/sta...32934292312064
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Where I'm at now mate. Henderson knowing JC was going to do something different and him sticking up for him. Them Hendo and McGinn ****ting themselves he was going to do it again.

Fyvie was brilliant against Dundee Utd. He looks scary in his interviews though.

#bebrave

Mixu - "dont change your mind, choose and drill it" Aye big man, hash broon against Hearts last min in 2001 ( think)
    What a peno Paul Hanlon

I was halfway through watching it but Andy Halliday spoiled it by getting the winning goal in the final.

To think it was advertised as a cup winning DVD as well - conning *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I was halfway through watching it but Andy Halliday spoiled it by getting the winning goal in the final.

To think it was advertised as a cup winning DVD as well - conning *******s.
    One feels a song coming on...

i couldn't agree more, the best DVD I have ever seen.

Conrad Logan is my new hero!