hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Commons - Assist & Winner!

Well done Kris! Unbelievable that there was some people doubting him after just 2 games (since April!!) even though he didn't even particularly play badly in the first 2.

Today's what you get though - a game changer! A result which could prove to be a real corner turner. Hopefully something can get sorted to get him till the end of the season because like he showed today, he has quality.

Again, well done Kris Commons!! He got us that win today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done Kris! Unbelievable that there was some people doubting him after just 2 games (since April!!) even though he didn't even particularly play badly in the first 2.

Today's what you get though - a game changer! A result which could prove to be a real corner turner. Hopefully something can get sorted to get him till the end of the season because like he showed today, he has quality.

Well said Canirfonia .Too many on here quick to criticise.

Some doubters, but most of us know him for what he is, someone who can change the game for us!

That malt is going to go down even more easily tonight, I think.

He is a game changing player. Never doubted he would be that for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    He has to be kept for the season. He is 2 steps ahead of the rest of his team mates.

Sees a pass. No need to have a big man up top, just get a couple of runners and he'll play them in for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Sees a pass. No need to have a big man up top, just get a couple of runners and he'll play them in for fun.
    So true. Better movement in and around him and he would create loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He is a game changing player. Never doubted he would be that for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. Totally agree.

Some posters are totally at it!

Spot on, well said
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

He's done ok since coming in imo.

He has quality from a dead ball and that won through in the end today. I'd be happy to see him stay beyond the initial 5 games.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Class act and what he done at the end giving his boots into the crowd just class 👍🏻

Superb quality. Will only get better, hope we keep him for the season.

Will be even better with fyvie and mcginn in the midfield ..or Dylan ...reality is we have missed Fuchs and mcginn big style ..think AL made mistake in playing Bartley and not S Martin..but too late to go back but just remember for future !! I said it before I doni think we need a Bartley at all no pace , no ability, ...even in this league !! Commons needs to stay as he is the goalscorer from midfield something we need desperately ....

Commons is pure class and is yet to find his peak form after having missed so much first team action at Celtic. If we keep him and he gets fully match-fit then he might very well be the missing link we have long been crying out for - a creative and 'scoring' midfielder - if McGinn and Fyvie could add the scoring bit to their game - they too could become genuine 'class'

I think he will only get better as the season goes on and hopefully we can agree to keep him on for the remainder of the season.

He's not going to get a look in at Celtic so unless there's another move on the horizon for him in January the best thing for both parties would be to extend the deal until the summer.

If we can get that agreed then he'll be some signing at this level once he's fully up to speed.

I'm not sure that people "doubted" Kris Commons, but speaking for myself only my "doubt" was that Commons was not match fit. Even Neil Lennon and Kris Commons himself new that.

He's a good player, and once he gains full match fitness he will be an important player for Hibs, if his loan period can be extended (there's that wee word IF again).

Tremendous free kick today. That's how to hit a dead ball. Superbly struck.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's done ok since coming in imo.

He has quality from a dead ball and that won through in the end today. I'd be happy to see him stay beyond the initial 5 games.
    I'd like to see him stay, hopefully that goal gives him the confidence, that he can still do it.
    Apart from his free kick that he scored from, thought his corners and other free kicks today were terrible. Think he put both his corners out the park
    Gray little ball for Cummings goal though

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I'm not sure that people "doubted" Kris Commons, but speaking for myself only my "doubt" was that Commons was not match fit. Even Neil Lennon and Kris Commons himself new that.

He's a good player, and once he gains full match fitness he will be an important player for Hibs, if his loan period can be extended (there's that wee word IF again).

Tremendous free kick today. That's how to hit a dead ball. Superbly struck.
    Yep, totally agree with this. I reckon it was always going to take a couple of games for him to get match fit and now we're starting to see the benefits, with hopefully more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Yep, totally agree with this. I reckon it was always going to take a couple of games for him to get match fit and now we're starting to see the benefits, with hopefully more to come.

Quality

Quality, Class call it what you wish, you don't lose that along with a fitba brain.

Blog Entries
    I thought his 'celebration' looked great and definitely meaningful to him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'd like to see him stay, hopefully that goal gives him the confidence, that he can still do it.
    Apart from his free kick that he scored from, thought his corners and other free kicks today were terrible. Think he put both his corners out the park
    Gray little ball for Cummings goal though

Don't think he needs confidence. 2 steps ahead of his team mates. Scores one & lays the other on a plate with a defence splitting pass. It was like beastie mccluskey when at hibs.

Commons was class and will get better. The people who wrote him off should be hanging their heads in shame.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Commons was class and will get better. The people who wrote him off should be hanging their heads in shame.
    Not really Bob. Opinions can be spontaneous, emotional and superficial. Hanging heads in shame is a bit ott. By the same token, the skooshers might well have been hanging their heads in shame after our relative fall from grace. Anyway, let's all sing from the same hymn sheet into 2017.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Traffic cone?!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Seen it on SSN, what a free kick!

Another v Utd will be great thanks.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I hope that the a**e in seat F262 enjoyed his goal. He moaned all game about how Commons had done nothing since he arrived and should get back to Celtic.

He was much better playing in the middle in the second half and I think Keatings has the speed and intelligence to feed off him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    I hope that the a**e in seat F262 enjoyed his goal. He moaned all game about how Commons had done nothing since he arrived and should get back to Celtic.

He was much better playing in the middle in the second half and I think Keatings has the speed and intelligence to feed off him.
    I know who you are talking about, but I don't know him. I was in G 263 his 2 pals were the same.