hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Robust policing for the Old Firm derby

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...-west-38458384

I wonder how robust is robust?

It's a small minority off course!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Same old 54ite every game. There will be 10 arrests at the game for drunken-ness, some stupid ****s in Carfin and Harthill who's never been to Ibrox or Parkhead in their lifes will get done for scrapping and the vast majority will goto the game, get reeking and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same old 54ite every game. There will be 10 arrests at the game for drunken-ness, some stupid ****s in Carfin and Harthill who's never been to Ibrox or Parkhead in their lifes will get done for scrapping and the vast majority will goto the game, get reeking and go home.
    And perhaps a wee bit domestic violence, the police, ambulance and hospitals will all be under more pressure but very little will be said or done about it.

It's a sadly safe prediction that what will happen both at the match and afterwards in pubs and homes will be far worse than anything at the cup final. But it won't make any headlines because it happens every time those clubs meet.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Robust enough to be a complete waste of hard working tax payers money, but not rebust enough.

Does "robust" mean that the heavy squad will go steaming into them with their batons drawn once all the sectarian chanting starts? Pulling them out by the dozens and throwing them into jail over the new year?

Just wishful thinking on my part.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I'd be a bit warry about falkirk as well, with their recent hatred of hibs added in with the old firm game game finishing at falkirk pubs prob full of rangers and sellick fans walking about after game, going to train etc could see some trouble

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Does "robust" mean that the heavy squad will go steaming into them with their batons drawn once all the sectarian chanting starts? Pulling them out by the dozens and throwing them into jail over the new year?

Just wishful thinking on my part.
    Can you imagine the atmosphere inside the ground at HT and Celtc go in with a lead of say, 0-3, the goading from the Celtc fans towards the Huns, will they be able to restrain themselves and take it on the chin, no chance, it could get all a bit to much for them, pitch invasion to get the game replayed, you can't put it past the knuckle draggers.

Traynor is probably preparing statements for all events before the game has even kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Can you imagine the atmosphere inside the ground at HT and Celtc go in with a lead of say, 0-3, the goading from the Celtc fans towards the Huns, will they be able to restrain themselves and take it on the chin, no chance, it could get all a bit to much for them, pitch invasion to get the game replayed, you can't put it past the knuckle draggers.

Traynor is probably preparing statements for all events before the game has even kicked off.
    Don't care for Celtic at all, but I would love it if they go three or four nil up against The Rangers.

Is that enough provocation for them to sing the "Billy Boys" song? Poor wee lambs!!

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Don't care for Celtic at all, but I would love it if they go three or four nil up against The Rangers.

Is that enough provocation for them to sing the "Billy Boys" song? Poor wee lambs!!
    Looking forward to Sevco suffering again. About time we complain to the authorities about Racist/Sectarian singing against Catholics, Pope and Irish people? Or maybe they don't do that anymore?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Never heard looking the other way as a description of robust but you live and learn I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

Very probably but who reads what Jabba's rags say or gives what his rags say any credibility? The Daily Ranger's time is nigh as it has sunk lower than a lead balloon due to it and it's columnists lies as to what happened at the cup final. Wouldn't wipe my erchie with Jabba's pathetic attempts at 'spin'. Jabba's a parasite and a disease in our country.

Glory Glory

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Very probably but who reads what Jabba's rags say or gives what his rags say any credibility? The Daily Ranger's time is nigh as it has sunk lower than a lead balloon due to it and it's columnists lies as to what happened at the cup final. Wouldn't wipe my erchie with Jabba's pathetic attempts at 'spin'. Jabba's a parasite and a disease in our country.

Glory Glory
    The Record backed the Better Together campaign and has collapsed in Scotland. Their reporting for our Final would not have helped sales in the East either. Toilet paper 💥

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I'd be a bit warry about falkirk as well, with their recent hatred of hibs added in with the old firm game game finishing at falkirk pubs prob full of rangers and sellick fans walking about after game, going to train etc could see some trouble
    The pubs in Falkirk will be full of Sevco fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The pubs in Falkirk will be full of Sevco fans.
    Been trouble on our last couple of visits to Falkirk so can't see the weekend pass without any.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Been trouble on our last couple of visits to Falkirk so can't see the weekend pass without any.
    I know it's easy for me to say as I live in the town and I just need to nip down in the car and the stadium's 10 minutes from my house so no need for a drink in the pub but if I was a Hibs fan coming through for the game, I would have a drink in Edinburgh before the trip through.

I can see bother if Hibs, Falkirk and Sevco fans are all congregating in the one place.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Looking forward to Sevco suffering again. About time we complain to the authorities about Racist/Sectarian singing against Catholics, Pope and Irish people? Or maybe they don't do that anymore?
    Our club had the opportunity to make a complaint when our manager was the subject of a sectarian song at Ibrox. But like every other organisation in Scotland they chose to do/say nothing. Until someone has the balls to stand up and be counted then Scottish football will always be blighted with sectarianism.

Can see the Ranjurs fans on the park forced to defend their brave warriors from being annihilated by a far superior force.

Oh wait, that's just a rerun of 21/05.

Can't wait for Mr Traynor's defence this time.

Robust will mean the same old story. Break the law in your thousands and the Police will look the other way. A few dafties will take things too far and get lifted and the press will report there was 'only 10 arrests' and the majority were 'generally well behaved'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    This huge game that everyone is waiting for, will be huge news from Scotland as everyone wants to see it ???

It will be the usual crap, fouling and nothing done about it, players carrying vendettas all over the park, pulling and punching at corners?

The only thing is the lack of football played in these games is always overlooked!!!

And of course it will be Alien refereeing of this match, as these games are different to any other??????

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    It's the gratest derby in the world as far as I'm concerned.
    It has always grated me.

I was discussing that with my mate in the boozer on Monday, the same wee fuds that were hanging about the station post match are very likely to be there again.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I was discussing that with my mate in the boozer on Monday, the same wee fuds that were hanging about the station post match are very likely to be there again.
    I don't think they'll get to take the same liberties they tried last time!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I don't think they'll get to take the same liberties they tried last time!
    If they do turn up again here's hoping their dance moves have improved

Maybe they've been watching strictly and have learned a thing or two.

Glory Glory

I see that there will be a minute silence at Ibrox to remember those who died after OF game 1971.
    Hope it's well observed but have my doubts
    I suspect Rangers wouldn't mind an outburst from Celtic fans so that they can take the moral high ground.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Robust actually means they'll be increasing man power to search for exuberant hibbies spoiling the day for those nice west of Scotland football fans

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    I see that there will be a minute silence at Ibrox to remember those who died after OF game 1971.
    Hope it's well observed but have my doubts
    I suspect Rangers wouldn't mind an outburst from Celtic fans so that they can take the moral high ground.
    Rangers know exactly what they are doing here..

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    If you or anyone else is interested this highlights it.

http://thecelticblog.com/2016/12/blo...y-breath-away/

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I hope Celtic absolutely ****ing murder them !!

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I haven't a clue about the announcement or anything, but saying 'Rangers know exactly what they are doing' is plain wrong. They have every right to hold a silence to remember the fallen. If Celtic fans want to disrespect that then it says more about them than anyone else. We held one when my uncle Willie Clark passed away and the next game was against Hearts. That was impeccable as expected as both sets have a bit of maturity about them.