hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Using another person's season ticket

Did anyone else have issues on Saturday getting in? I was stopped by an overly officious security person because I was using my missus' ticket. She's away down south for Christmas so I gave my ticket to a friend. Because her ticket says "miss" on it they said it wasn't me. It's one adult using another adults' season ticket, that has never been an issue before, why now?! I can understand if it was a concession ticket but that wasn't the case. If Hibs are serious about tickets not being transferable then I have to consider my options as I'm only in my seat about half the time and if I can't make it I give it away. Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grammyb111 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else have issues on Saturday getting in? I was stopped by an overly officious security person because I was using my missus' ticket. She's away down south for Christmas so I gave my ticket to a friend. Because her ticket says "miss" on it they said it wasn't me. It's one adult using another adults' season ticket, that has never been an issue before, why now?! I can understand if it was a concession ticket but that wasn't the case. If Hibs are serious about tickets not being transferable then I have to consider my options as I'm only in my seat about half the time and if I can't make it I give it away. Thoughts?
    How did they know?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    How did they know?
    Outside the east they asked to see my ticket, they looked at it and since it said "miss" not "mr" on it they said it wasn't me and confiscated it

Outside the east they asked to see my ticket, they looked at it and since it said "miss" not "mr" on it they said it wasn't me and confiscated it
    FFS that's a bit strong. I have never been asked to show my ST in the West before approaching the turnstile. Did you go to ticket office and explain it was your wifes card after it was confiscated?

I suppose from the clubs point of view for security you should use your own ticket,
    Category A games ( granted, in short supply this season) could be one reason for requesting people use or buy their own ticket.

FFS that's a bit strong. I have never been asked to show my ST in the West before approaching the turnstile. Did you go to ticket office and explain it was your wifes card after it was confiscated?
    Nope, the guard said it had to be her going in to claim it and that it couldn't be used for that game. It has never been an issue before and no one has ever checked before, as I said I give it away about half the time. I'm in fairly unique position that I can get in free every week anyway so I used that option but the fact it came to that is a joke in my opinion

You say you gave your own ticket to someone else to use whilst you used your partners, well the way I see it is that our club were deprived of that other persons money. Your sense of indignation is groundless. You basically tried to scam our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    You say you gave your own ticket to someone else to use whilst you used your partners, well the way I see it is that our club were deprived of that other persons money. Your sense of indignation is groundless. You basically tried to scam our club.
    I disagree and I think you'll find many others in the same situation, even those who share a ticket or group of tickets. I pay for two adult tickets when I could pay nothing and still get in, some scam...

I disagree and I think you'll find many others in the same situation, even those who share a ticket or group of tickets. I pay for two adult tickets when I could pay nothing and still get in, some scam...
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Transferable tickets don't exist and you knew this when you purchased the ticket.
    Rather than scam the club why not approach them and ask for your tickets to be made officially transferable?

@hibs.net private member
    Firstly I see no problem with it.
    Secondly why buy a ticket if you can get in for nowt.
    If it was me I would use the money you spend on a season ticket & sponsor a players shirt then you are still contributing to HFC

That is a joke! We use each other's season tickets all the time & it is one reason I get one as I know I can't make every game (living in Aberdeen) but the games I can't make someone else will use my ticket.

Not really scamming the club now is it. The seat was paid for and if his wife wasn't there it'd be empty, people use others tickets all the time. The fact that it was a woman's name on the ticket is the issue, surely as long as it was another adult there should be no problem.

There are no words to describe this nonsense....

Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Transferable tickets don't exist and you knew this when you purchased the ticket.
    Rather than scam the club why not approach them and ask for your tickets to be made officially transferable?
    Scam the club! Are you for real? The guy gave a spare ST to someone to use rather than it go to waste. He has already said he can get in for free anyway but yet he still buys a ST. Your scamming the club comment is ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member
    He's not scamming the club but unfortunately the steward is correct tickets are not transferable. Stewards checking the ticket prior to entry has happened at the last few home games

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He's not scamming the club but unfortunately the steward is correct tickets are not transferable. Stewards checking the ticket prior to entry has happened at the last few home games
    Is this just happening in tbe East,ours have never been checked going into the West.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    The inconsistency is that although hibs state tickets are not transferable... they actually are as you can swap a season ticket for a paper ticket for the same or another seat, even in another stand and upgrade a concession to an adult one. Of course that requires going to the ticket office and hibs agreeing to do so but it's not as simple as "tickets are not transferable".

I'd also question the stewards right to confiscate the card after refusing entry.
    Last edited by Mr White; 26-12-2016 at 07:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Is this just happening in tbe East,ours have never been checked going into the West.
    As I said has happened for the last few home games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    The inconsistency is that although hibs state tickets are not transferable... they actually are as you can swap a season ticket for a paper ticket for the same or another seat, even in another stand and upgrade a concession to an adult one. Of course that requires going to the ticket office and hibs agreeing to do so but it's not as simple as "tickets are not transferable".

I'd also question the stewards right to confiscate the card after refusing entry.
    Tickets aren't transferable without the agreement of the club. But your comments on stewards rights is interesting, what can you do if your ticket is taken off you because of misuse? Also what rights do you think you've got that have been breeched?

Yes but not in the West for me hence me asking if just the East?

@hibs.net private member
    Yes but not in the West for me hence me asking if just the East?
    Wasn't having a go. Just stating a fact. Clearly Hibs believe there is ticket fraud going on and it's happening in the East stand.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Im in West upper and it hasnt been happening across our side.

Seems a bit pointless really, I get my dad has to go through the concessions gate and I go through the adult gate - but why the drama if one adult swaps for another?????

Well this post is pretty crap. He's not scamming anyone!

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post

Similar situation.

My friend is away on holiday, so he left me his Season ticket and I took my missus along to the game.
    Supervisor (East) confiscated the ticket.
    He totally agreed that it was because she was a woman that it flagged up the ticket was not hers, and that if I had brought another guy with me there would not have been a problem. He also stated he did the same thing all the time himself when he went to see his rugby team. I dont particularly want to accuse anyone of a sexist act, but I can see how that conclusion could be drawn.

Now I have calmed down and checked the terms and conditions, amongst the 30 odd conditions it does state the ticket is not transferrable and so we shouldnt have used it, but it is well known common practise for there to be "shared seasons" in the groups who sit around me in the ground, so it never crossed my mind it was a problem.

My understanding was that the checks were to stop people using conncessions incorrectly, not to stop adults using adults tickets.

The Supervisor stressed time and time again however that it was "an instruction from your club", and that "your club dont want you doing this".

Frank and Amit read this boards, so I would like to ask them:

Did the Club issue this clear instruction to the Stewards?
    Was this discussed at a Board Meeting and if so how did our Reps vote?

What I am trying to find out is what do Hibs seek to gain from this? Instead of two supporters cheering on the team, there were two empty seats and a lot of ill feeling.

It is a joke. It's just gonna piss people off slowly but surely. We want to keep the fans in surely not send them away!

Tickets aren't transferable without the agreement of the club. But your comments on stewards rights is interesting, what can you do if your ticket is taken off you because of misuse? Also what rights do you think you've got that have been breeched?
    None of my rights have been breached thankfully.

The cards do not state that they remain the property of the club. What authority do event security stewards have to confiscate people's property? I'd be surprised if they have that power legally.

Wasn't having a go. Just stating a fact. Clearly Hibs believe there is ticket fraud going on and it's happening in the East stand.
    I didn't think you were having a go,was just trying to find out if the checking was just in the East.

My thinking on this subject is that I buy a ST knowing that I'll probably miss 2-4 games a season. For those games my partner takes our children to the game and uses my ticket. If the ST couldn't be swapped then it's unlikely that we'd buy a ticket for the game I miss and the children would probably miss the game too. If this to become reality then it's likely that I wouldn't buy a ST. So preventing me from letting my partner use the ticket would probably cost the club over £500 and I would pick and choose my games.

When the football is a poor as it is at the moment I don't think they should be annoying the ST holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Siralbertkidd View Post
    Similar situation.

My friend is away on holiday, so he left me his Season ticket and I took my missus along to the game.
    Supervisor (East) confiscated the ticket.
    He totally agreed that it was because she was a woman that it flagged up the ticket was not hers, and that if I had brought another guy with me there would not have been a problem. He also stated he did the same thing all the time himself when he went to see his rugby team. I dont particularly want to accuse anyone of a sexist act, but I can see how that conclusion could be drawn.

Now I have calmed down and checked the terms and conditions, amongst the 30 odd conditions it does state the ticket is not transferrable and so we shouldnt have used it, but it is well known common practise for there to be "shared seasons" in the groups who sit around me in the ground, so it never crossed my mind it was a problem.

My understanding was that the checks were to stop people using conncessions incorrectly, not to stop adults using adults tickets.

The Supervisor stressed time and time again however that it was "an instruction from your club", and that "your club dont want you doing this".

Frank and Amit read this boards, so I would like to ask them:

Did the Club issue this clear instruction to the Stewards?
    Was this discussed at a Board Meeting and if so how did our Reps vote?

What I am trying to find out is what do Hibs seek to gain from this? Instead of two supporters cheering on the team, there were two empty seats and a lot of ill feeling.
    Pretty ridiculous, I gave our two ST's to someone else as we are away for Christmas, but as they went to a couple of guys the club would know no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    My thinking on this subject is that I buy a ST knowing that I'll probably miss 2-4 games a season. For those games my partner takes our children to the game and uses my ticket. If the ST couldn't be swapped then it's unlikely that we'd buy a ticket for the game I miss and the children would probably miss the game too. If this to become reality then it's likely that I wouldn't buy a ST. So preventing me from letting my partner use the ticket would probably cost the club over £500 and I would pick and choose my games.

When the football is a poor as it is at the moment I don't think they should be annoying the ST holders.
    You can get a paper ticket for any match and have the season card deactivated for that match at no cost if you go to the ticket office in advance.