hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Martin.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Scott Martin.

Time to step up to the plate laddie. Three games to make your mark. I'm looking forward to see what he brings.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to step up to the plate laddie. Three games to make your mark. I'm looking forward to see what he brings.
    If he gets a game. 2-0 up against Dimbarton at home on sat and Lennon still did not trust him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm lost as to why he continues to play Bartley and leave the energy of Martin on the bench. Real shame as i think he would be dynamite in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If he gets a game. 2-0 up against Dimbarton at home on sat and Lennon still did not trust him.

Martin and Crane were both standing ready to come on at 90 mins but the ball didn't go out of play during injury time so lost out.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    We keep hearing that things are changing and the intention is to give youth a chance. Sadly there's precious little evidence of this in practice.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    We keep hearing that things are changing and the intention is to give youth a chance. Sadly there's precious little evidence of this in practice.
    We're winning the majority of our games...

Have I missed something? Why would Scott Martin be "in" specifically for 3 games as opposed to 1 or the rest of the season?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Have I missed something? Why would Scott Martin be "in" specifically for 3 games as opposed to 1 or the rest of the season?
    McGeouch injured again apparently. Three games takes us up to the window.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    FFS. I had missed that little gem. That makes sense in that case. As long as Fyvie and McGinn remain out, I don't see what alternative we have between now and Jan.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    They have to be better than the players in front of them though. I'm sure the coaching staff will have a reasonable view if Bartley or Martin has been the better option so far.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Is McGeouch on a big wage? IMO it's time to move him on and invest his wage in someone who can play a majority of a season. Probably in the summer as we are short at the moment and give him the second half of the season as one last chance to prove he can get over his injuries.

A shame as a cracking player, but we don't get anywhere near enough playing time out of him. He is also part of the general midfield problem in that when he does play he rarely scores. Although he is more creative than the likes of Bartley and Fyvie IMO, so mainly down to the lack of games we get out of him as to why I'd personally move him on ahead of others.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    They have to be better than the players in front of them though. I'm sure the coaching staff will have a reasonable view if Bartley or Martin has been the better option so far.
    Although it's still disappoint not to see any of the youngsters for 5 or 10 minutes here and there when a game is won. Particularly with so many bodies injured.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You just cant move a player on when you want, both parties need to agree then you need someone who wants the player.

I cant remember who was injured or on the bench in the first game of the season at Falkirk, but Martin played reasonably well that day.

He did not look out of place, and i'm surprised he's not been given more minutes on the pitch either as a starter or a sub?

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    We're winning the majority of our games...

What has this got to do with giving these guys game time, surely that's when they should be brought on with 20 mins to go to get the experience.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What has this got to do with giving these guys game time, surely that's when they should be brought on with 20 mins to go to get the experience.
    Certainly thought at least one of them should have come on Saturday and IMO pointless even if they did get on for 2 mins. Why not given them 10 and see how it goes?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You just cant move a player on when you want, both parties need to agree then you need someone who wants the player.

I cant remember who was injured or on the bench in the first game of the season at Falkirk, but Martin played reasonably well that day.

He did not look out of place, and i'm surprised he's not been given more minutes on the pitch either as a starter or a sub?
    Lennon had a wee go at him in the post match interview, saying that he did ok but he wasn't disciplined enough when it came to sticking to his man.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Lennon had a wee go at him in the post match interview, saying that he did ok but he wasn't disciplined enough when it came to sticking to his man.

I never knew that, and to be fair to Martin i thought he did well that day in what is a tough away game.

Not sure how he will learn from those mistakes if he does not get some time playing in the first team, i'm pretty sure he could have come on a few times when we've been well in front for the last 10-15 minutes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Is McGeouch on a big wage? IMO it's time to move him on and invest his wage in someone who can play a majority of a season. Probably in the summer as we are short at the moment and give him the second half of the season as one last chance to prove he can get over his injuries.

A shame as a cracking player, but we don't get anywhere near enough playing time out of him. He is also part of the general midfield problem in that when he does play he rarely scores. Although he is more creative than the likes of Bartley and Fyvie IMO, so mainly down to the lack of games we get out of him as to why I'd personally move him on ahead of others.
    I said this a while back. McGeough is a waste because he hardly plays. But lots on here think he's the best player at Hibs and it's better we have a good bit part player than not at all. For me being the best player in stand is no use to Hibs. I doubt we can move on in January but unless he proves his fitness in the run up to May then I'd get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I never knew that, and to be fair to Martin i thought he did well that day in what is a tough away game.

Not sure how he will learn from those mistakes if he does not get some time playing in the first team, i'm pretty sure he could have come on a few times when we've been well in front for the last 10-15 minutes.

The only way you'll learn is by playing, 10-15 here and there would do him and crane the world of good, if he's going to ignore these laddies, then get them loaned out to gain experience.

When and how did this injury happen?

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

Probably getting out his chair.

Pulling on his left sock this time. Crazy bad luck.

I didn't get why Martin wasn't given a chance against Dumbarton, I would have thought that was a game for him rather than Bartley ... I understand why NL is going for experience as much as he can, but in our current situation surely its worth giving Martin a go in games where we don't need 6 defensive players on the park, why we did against Dumbarton is mystifying.

I cant believe that McGeouch is injured again ..... like many on here I believe he is right up there with the best players we have, but FFS the guy seems to have been permanently injured for the last 18 months. If there is a long standing underlying problem causing him to have injuries elsewhere, which there seems to be, then perhaps its time to bite the bullet and send him to some genius in Europe or the USA who can sort him out once and for all.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

He was ready to come on at the end but I don't think that the ball ever went out of play.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    He was ready to come on at the end but I don't think that the ball ever went out of play.
    Even if he had got on he wasn't really going to gain or learn anything in 90 seconds on the pitch when we were two nil up.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Even if he had got on he wasn't really going to gain or learn anything in 90 seconds on the pitch when we were two nil up.
    Appearance money

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Appearance money
    Club stopped paying appearance money when we got related

It's becoming an absolute farce! Can anyone regardless of age name me a player who has played for Hibs and has been so injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I have no issues in giving both of those lads 10/15 mins (as soon as the second went in). Stripping them in the 90th minute was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    It's becoming an absolute farce! Can anyone regardless of age name me a player who has played for Hibs and has been so injury prone.
    El Algui?.